Pet Peeves

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
There is a new thing I see people do at the grocery store that annoys the heck out of me. They leave their shopping cart at the end of the aisle while they walk up the aisle to get the item or items they want. In the meantime, their cart blocks up the end of the aisle causing a traffic jam of other shoppers. I don't get it. I could see if they stayed at the end of the aisle and the shopping cart wheeled itself up the aisle to get the items they need but what is the point of walking up the aisle without your cart? Is pushing the cart on 4 wheels that much of a struggle? It is inconsiderate as all get up.

And speaking of the grocery store, what's with people sticking their filthy hands into the bags of grapes, picking a few off and eating them in the store? Then leaving the rest of the bag on the shelf? That is petty theft! I once saw a guy reach into a bag of grapes and pull out a bunch and start eating them as he walked around shopping. Would those people cut off the end of a loaf of bread, grab some cheese from the wrapped cold cuts section and make a sandwich?
How about the people who just walk out the end of the aisle, pushing their carts, and not looking or caring if anyone is walking by the end of the aisle? Or the people who stop in the doorway on the way in, grab a flyer and start reading it while they're blocking the door?

SO MANY PEOPLE TO HATE!!!

timb2

Reaction score
How about the people who just walk out the end of the aisle, pushing their carts, and not looking or caring if anyone is walking by the end of the aisle? Or the people who stop in the doorway on the way in, grab a flyer and start reading it while they're blocking the door?

*The two people with grocery carts having a conversation blocking everyone in the aisle.

*These same people everyday holding a cardboard sign " Please help" on the same street corner and atleast 20 nearby businesses. and hotels nearby. You can't wash dishes at Waffle House? You can't be a maid at the hotel? You can't be a janitor? Yet you can hold a sign giving a pitiful look to get money . What really gets me is some young kid who isn't even 25 rather hold a sign than work.

* Morons talking to the movie screen at a movie theatre because these losers need attention thinking everyone wants to see them .

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score

That's going to become my new motto, so many people to hate! Another one is a group of several people taking up the whole aisle, blocking it.

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
*The two people with grocery carts having a conversation blocking everyone in the aisle.

*These same people everyday holding a cardboard sign " Please help" on the same street corner and atleast 20 nearby businesses. and hotels nearby. You can't wash dishes at Waffle House? You can't be a maid at the hotel? You can't be a janitor? Yet you can hold a sign giving a pitiful look to get money . What really gets me is some young kid who isn't even 25 rather hold a sign than work.

* Morons talking to the movie screen at a movie theatre because these losers need attention thinking everyone wants to see them .
Yeah I have no problem giving people that are genuinely homeless a little cash because once you are homeless it is very hard to get a job especially if you do not have a car or a house. Now the people that do get on my nerves like you said are the ones scamming, able-bodied men wearing better clothes and I have on, or people holding babies or dogs to get sympathy

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Don't get me started...

Today I'll go with Dog Mom's and anthropomorphism.
Hey, it can be really hard not to anthropomorphize a cute animal! For instance, when I see one dressed in a tutu, I can't help but say, "Mom, would you please take this ******* thing off me???"

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Yeah I have no problem giving people that are genuinely homeless a little cash because once you are homeless it is very hard to get a job especially if you do not have a car or a house. Now the people that do get on my nerves like you said are the ones scamming, able-bodied men wearing better clothes and I have on, or people holding babies or dogs to get sympathy
Or the ones playing an organ or something in the supermarket parking lot.

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
LOL, never seen that. Have seen a guy by the front door Walmart playing a guitar, I gave him a few bucks to play a snippet of a rush song. Also have caught the same lady asking for money in the Walmart parking lot, van is broke down, pregnant etc. Always the same story, the last time I told her to get away from me. She told me that wasn't very Christian like LOL

Flamma

Reaction score
I have about 600 of them so I'll just keep it to a few that are work related.

I'm a toll collector. The roadway requires the cash paying public to get a ticket when they get on, then hand that ticket to the collector on exit. This shouldn't bother me, but since this is a new thing, it does. People will hand me the ticket and stare at me like I'm a zoo animal. I know they want me to tell them the price, and I'm not doing it. I just turn my head to the display. Then they get the hint. Some will say, sorry, I'm not from around here. That's not an excuse. This isn't 1950. Just about every place in the country has some price displayed when you're pulling your car up to pay. It could be a fast food drive thru, when you're paying for parking, whatever it is, it does not require you to stare at the human. You're just asking to get ripped off.

Speaking of getting ripped off. Some people will pull up, and before they even stop their car they're asking how much. I'm not required to ask you for your ticket. So I just tell them the price without the ticket, which is the highest toll. Hey, if you don't care about your own money, don't expect me to care.

I know how this makes me look, trust me I know. But when you have to deal with the same thing over and over again, you tend to take the easiest path so that you don't have to repeat the same thing 100 times. For example. If someone asks you how do I get to XYZ. If a lot of people ask that question every day, and the answer is long and detailed, forcing you to repeat it over and over, it's better to just say I don't know. End rant.

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score

I'm a toll collector. The roadway requires the cash paying public to get a ticket when they get on, then hand that ticket to the collector on exit. This shouldn't bother me, but since this is a new thing, it does. People will hand me the ticket and stare at me like I'm a zoo animal. I know they want me to tell them the price, and I'm not doing it. I just turn my head to the display. Then they get the hint. Some will say, sorry, I'm not from around here. That's not an excuse. This isn't 1950. Just about every place in the country has some price displayed when you're pulling your car up to pay. It could be a fast food drive thru, when you're paying for parking, whatever it is, it does not require you to stare at the human. You're just asking to get ripped off.

Speaking of getting ripped off. Some people will pull up, and before they even stop their car they're asking how much. I'm not required to ask you for your ticket. So I just tell them the price without the ticket, which is the highest toll. Hey, if you don't care about your own money, don't expect me to care.

I know how this makes me look, trust me I know. But when you have to deal with the same thing over and over again, you tend to take the easiest path so that you don't have to repeat the same thing 100 times. For example. If someone asks you how do I get to XYZ. If a lot of people ask that question every day, and the answer is long and detailed, forcing you to repeat it over and over, it's better to just say I don't know. End rant.
Sounds like you work for the Oklahoma turnpike authority:laugh:

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Hey, it can be really hard not to anthropomorphize a cute animal! For instance, when I see one dressed in a tutu, I can't help but say, "Mom, would you please take this ******* thing off me???"

I've got a friend who does the bandanna thing on her dog. She is a good enough friend so I can be merciless in my friendly criticism. Now she does it as much to dig me as anything. lol

Not long ago she actually thanked me for my influence in pulling her away from the edge of full blown Dog Mom. I think she got tired of her dogs listening to me better than they listened to her and decided to understand why that was.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Yep, you're from Jersey! :laugh:

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score

We had a guy here this summer playing the violin in the supermarket lot. Somebody posted a video of him on FB talking about how good he was and how she was happy to contribute to someone who was giving something in return.

The guy had a nice sound system and it so obviously fake I can't believe anyone would think he was actually playing. It didn't even appear he was trying to really sell it.

That FB post didn't go well for her.

I almost never walk by a busker who's actually playing without throwing somethin in his case.

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
LOL!! Is there such a thing? I really shouldn't be this way. I get under 100 vehicles a night. I sit there and watch movies and you tube all night. Years ago I would get over 1500 a shift, and paid half what I get paid now. I should be all smiles!!!
Yes there is, sadly. Turnpikes that should have paid for themselves decades ago but still charging in some cases high tolls

SlammedZero

Reaction score
My absolute #1 is the "no wave". When you stop to let somebody into busy traffic and you cannot even get a courtesy wave. That fires me up so much. lol I didn't have to stop and let you into traffic. I didn't owe you this spot in front of me. I'm trying to be nice. I feel like I deserve a small thank you wave. When people do this for me, I always wave. Even if I have to roll my window down and stick out my hand so they can see it. In certain situations, if I cannot do that, I will flash my hazards as them like "thanks". There are days, if I'm grumpy and don't get a wave, I contemplate the consequences of giving a "no waver" a nice little love tap in the back of their car haha Obviously I would never really do that......OR.....would I? :D;)

SlammedZero

Reaction score
When I walk up to the person at the cashier to purchase whatever it is and say "hello" and they just look back at you stoned face.
Yes, I hate that too. I also hate when you're still making your way to the counter, and they notice you have an adult beverage in your hand, and they bark "ID!" at you. Yes, yes I have ID that I will gladly show you, but can I put my stuff down first? lol

People who leave their dogs tied up outside/ People who think their pets are acceptable substitutes for an airbag/ People who let their dogs nails grow to unhealthy, painful lengths, let their pets get obese, or otherwise don't take care of them.

I'm a huge dog lover. This fires me up too, especially the dogs tied up outside alone. You might as well put a stuffed toy dog at the end of the chain in your yard. You'll get the same effect for yourself inside. Dogs should be your buddy. All the dogs I have had want to be with you. Heck, my Husky is sleeping behind me right now. If you don't have a yard for them or time to teach them manners (so they don't have to be tied to a chain) you probably shouldn't have a dog.