Pet Peeves

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Littering. Stupid People. Lack of Common Sense. People at work who refuse to do something and use the excuse “not my job,” even though they are more than capable…
People who throw McDonald's bags out the window piss me off. You have a bag, why can't you just throw it in the trash when you get home???

Creeper

Reaction score
I automatically go to people not putting the shopping carts back in the shopping cart return areas, and people who take up two parking spots in parking lots, but aside from the people issues I have my pet peeve is packaging that you cannot open without a blow torch or jaws of life. I can't stand products in clam-shell packages that are sealed so that you need tin snips to cut them open. I have no patience for that.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
We all have them, so what is your Pet Peeves?. One for me is when I call customer service and I get an operator that butchers the English language and i'm not just talking thick accents. It's so frustrating to try to decipher what they are saying. I'm mean doesn't anyone screen these people if they can talk without mumbling, murmurs, and incoherent words? I HATE IT!!! I was in college and had a Math teacher that you could not understand him. Nice to be inclusive,BUT GIVE ME A BREAK!!! Everyone struggled to understand this teacher. Do these places intentionally find these mushmouths to make us go insane listening to them?

So what are your pet peeves?
I failed a statistics class twice under the same professor that actually wrote the textbook he was teaching from. He spoke English perfectly.

I ended up having to take retake the statistics class at a community college from a Chinese teacher that was barely understandable. However, he was able to teach the concepts on the board and communicate in ways to teach the students up. I passed the course with no probelems.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
People who throw McDonald's bags out the window piss me off. You have a bag, why can't you just throw it in the trash when you get home???
Hard to tell because some states put more labor and money on the cleanup efforts, but it is sad how much trash litters the roads in some areas. Some people judge new restaurants on the bathroom cleanliness, I judge new travel areas on the amount of trash on the roads. LOL If you don't feel wrong throwing a fast food bag out the car, don't know what to say. Maybe more of them should have grown up on those "Don't Mess with Texas" Randy White commercials.

rags747

Reaction score
So on the topic of outsourced Pakistani Technical Help....

My first pet peeve is that our country is becoming dumb. No one wants math or science degrees, they just want to be a Youtube star. Don't believe me? Go to any first-rate technical university and check out how many of the student body are from outside the USA. We are getting stuck with teachers that don't know English because the English speakers don't want those jobs. To discuss more on this would take it down the dreaded "P-Word" on this forum.

My other pet peeve is that so many Americans are clueless about other languages and the world in general. Everyone should learn at least one additional language. Everyone should travel the world whether it be a stint in the Service, digital nomad, whatever floats your boat. Just get out there and see it. It will make you a better at solving and understanding both domestic and world issues. If you are the on-site manager or advisor in many industries in this country, you're just screwing yourself not learning the language. Nothing is better than not letting people know the boss knows their language and let them rip in front of you to find out quickly what is going on.
No problem with traveling to see the world, but joining the military to accomplish this I think not.

Creeper

Reaction score
I failed a statistics class twice under the same professor that actually wrote the textbook he was teaching from. He spoke English perfectly.

I ended up having to take retake the statistics class at a community college from a Chinese teacher that was barely understandable. However, he was able to teach the concepts on the board and communicate in ways to teach the students up. I passed the course with no probelems.
What is it about statistics professors? They make it seem far more complicated than it is. My first stats prof was from India and his language wasn't perfect, but the way he explained things was so confusing. Me and one of my friends got together and cracked the book open and taught ourselves because he was impossible to learn from. The next year I took the advanced probabilities and statistics course and got a professor who normally taught advanced calculus classes. He made everything sound so easy. I breezed through his class. It is weird how different two teachers can be. There really is a trick to teaching.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
We all have them, so what is your Pet Peeves?. One for me is when I call customer service and I get an operator that butchers the English language and i'm not just talking thick accents. It's so frustrating to try to decipher what they are saying. I'm mean doesn't anyone screen these people if they can talk without mumbling, murmurs, and incoherent words? I HATE IT!!! I was in college and had a Math teacher that you could not understand him. Nice to be inclusive,BUT GIVE ME A BREAK!!! Everyone struggled to understand this teacher. Do these places intentionally find these mushmouths to make us go insane listening to them?

So what are your pet peeves?
Eagles fans!

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
People (mainly males) who constantly say bro or brah when talking. It is even worse when it is three or four times in a sentence.
"Brah" feels like it's starting to get outdated. Like calling someone "cat." Only looked cool during its time. Now makes you look like the old guy in the dance club.

I think (but could be wrong) the term "dude" is still with the times. Never stop hearing it. Maybe not as 80's-90's airhead, but seems to have adapted to all walks of life.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Here's an obscure one for me: NFL.Com's website build.

Lots of good information there, especially their historical draft scouting profiles, but it's a clunky cumbersome website design. I enjoy going to ESPN, ProFootballReference and a bunch of other sites before NFL.Com.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
"Brah" feels like it's starting to get outdated. Like calling someone "cat." Only looked cool during its time. Now makes you look like the old guy in the dance club.

I think (but could be wrong) the term "dude" is still with the times. Never stop hearing it. Maybe not as 80's-90's airhead, but seems to have adapted to all walks of life.
"Brah" always sounded stupid to me. At first, I thought they were calling someone a "bra", which made no sense. Then when I realized they were bass turdizing "bro", it sounded even stupider.

I don't mind "dude", and even use it here and there, but I still can't say it to a girl.

Last edited: