Peter King: Dak would've been selected 1 in 2016 draft redo

Sage3030

Reaction score
Eagles are playing with house money because they won a Super Bowl.. They can do whatever they want.

We’ve won squat

I’ll put you down as logically inconsistent then, and in the future I can disregard your takes on QB’s.

BTW, Carson Wentz has won the same as us: squat.

Brax

Reaction score
Good job of straddling the fence and give a completely ambiguous answer. You might have a career in politics ahead of you if you want to pursue it. :thumbup:
Don't see it that way, just my take, pretty straight forward answer IMHO.

Reaction score
Wentz has played at an MVP level
I'm going to use an anti-Dak argument that guys like yourself love to use.

Wentz played at a MVP level on a team that was so stacked, it won the Super Bowl with it's backup QB. If Nick Foles can win a Super Bowl on that team so could about 20 other QB's, including Dak.

Wentz hasn't sniffed MVP level play at any other point in his career.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Exactly right! King can say whatever he wants but back in 2016 (when the draft actually was) Dak was nowhere to be found on any board. Dak has overperformed his 4th round comp selection but none of that changes where he would still be drafted back in 2016......Wentz and Goff would still go in the top 2 picks and Zeke probably still goes in the top 5 if not top 10 for sure along with Ramsey and Buckner, 4 years later changes nothing about what still would have happenned back in 2016...lol
I don't think King suggested that Dak was anywhere on the board in 2016, or that magically Dak would get drafted higher if we could go back in time and hold the draft over again under exactly the same conditions. He is talking about how the draft would go if people had the benefit of knowing what they know now.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
handful of games huh! I only mentioned those two games but its more than that. Go back to 2017 when Dak looked terrible against the Broncos, Chargers, Falcons, and Wentz goes out and pounds those teams. Wentz is the better more talented QB.
that's the year he went into shell shock after getting sacked by that no-name guy from Atlanta. it took him the rest of the season and half of 2018 to get over his fear. Such an elite quarterback, oh crap, it was the coaching, offensive lines fault. Even Aikman said, " Dak isn't helping himself" implying holding on to the ball too long, them panicking, lmao. if only Garrett could have coached him out of his fear zone.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
I dont know how high he would've went but dallas was damn lucky to get him in the 4th.

basel90

Reaction score
Without Zeke we dont make the playoffs in 2016 and 2018...
i disagree. although he had a great year but many RBs can produce with that line and save us a 4th overall pick cost. Cowboys problems ( including the loss to the rams in the playoffs ) is the defense is so spotty and soft. If you recall, zeke was a non factor during that game . we should be beyond just stats and competing.

basel90

Reaction score
Having a running game is what led to 2014 being the best Cowboy season in many years, so there actually was a good foundation for wanting a player to continue down that path.
agree, but a 4th overall pick ?, and at the money he got after the holdout? not sure. Defense was a more pressing priority. If you recall ,. zeke was a non factor in the loss to the rams in the playoffs , the defense couldn't stop the rams . Plus, last year zeke lacked the burst , and was stopped on many crucial occassions. A comparatively good , second or 3rd rounder would have been adequately enough.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
agree, but a 4th overall pick ?, and at the money he got after the holdout? not sure. Defense was a more pressing priority. If you recall ,. zeke was a non factor in the loss to the rams in the playoffs , the defense couldn't stop the rams . Plus, last year zeke lacked the burst , and was stopped on many crucial occassions. A comparatively good , second or 3rd rounder would have been adequately enough.
I don't have a problem if you feel we should have gone with Jaylon Ramsey or someone else on defense, but it's wrong to suggest that a strong running game is irrelevant in today's NFL, or that it was unfathomable for the Cowboys to think about ensuring the team had a strong RB to continue what had proven to be successful for the offense in 2014.

Polkton31

Reaction score
that's the year he went into shell shock after getting sacked by that no-name guy from Atlanta. it took him the rest of the season and half of 2018 to get over his fear. Such an elite quarterback, oh crap, it was the coaching, offensive lines fault. Even Aikman said, " Dak isn't helping himself" implying holding on to the ball too long, them panicking, lmao. if only Garrett could have coached him out of his fear zone.
Adrian Clayborn sacked him 6 times... Nope, not a typo... 6 times in a single game. Garret did 2 things to help out Chaz Green in that game... Jack and ****... Maybe go back and watch the 6 sacks... All were on a speed rush... Aikman didn't say Dak held the ball too long... LMAO... On one sack, Aikman says Dak should have stepped up into the pocket. That would have worked great if Clayborn hadn't been there in about 2 seconds. If the same guy sacks your QB 6 times and hits him a 7th, in the same game, it's not on the QB. It's on the turnstile you had installed on your OLine.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Adrian Clayborn sacked him 6 times... Nope, not a typo... 6 times in a single game. Garret did 2 things to help out Chaz Green in that game... Jack and ****... Maybe go back and watch the 6 sacks... All were on a speed rush... Aikman didn't say Dak held the ball too long... LMAO... On one sack, Aikman says Dak should have stepped up into the pocket. That would have worked great if Clayborn hadn't been there in about 2 seconds. If the same guy sacks your QB 6 times and hits him a 7th, in the same game, it's not on the QB. It's on the turnstile you had installed on your OLine.
and he went into shell shock the rest of the season and half of the next year? correct? he said Dak isn't helping himself. he likes to spin back to the left and hardly ever steps up into the pocket.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
The Bucs had one named Winston,I swear basic reading skills and understanding are lacking for some looking at the reply. Concepts of W-L are hard for some to understand . SMH, sad so sad.
So, wins and losses are just for one player?

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score

And at what point did Dak make any adjustments at the line to maybe bring a TE over to that side to help block or have a RB chip him? Garrett maybe didn't do much but Dak did just as little to help himself

Polkton31

Reaction score
And at what point did Dak make any adjustments at the line to maybe bring a TE over to that side to help block or have a RB chip him? Garrett maybe didn't do much but Dak did just as little to help himself
Oh I see, the fact that Chaz Green was getting beat like a rented mule, was somehow Daks fault also. :lmao:And... Dak did slide a TE over. Clayborn just beat Chaz to the inside. Also... Is it not the coaches job and coordinators job to call and scheme plays based off what the other team is doing? So a coach with all Garrett's experience, both playing the QB position and coaching it... Is relying on a second year QB to scheme against what the defense is doing. OK, gotcha. I didn't realize a second year QB was given so much latitude that he could free lance every play. Like I said before... If the same guy sacks your QB 6 times and hits him a 7th, in the same game, it's not on the QB. It's on the turnstile you had installed on your OLine.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
It boggles me how much Cason Wentz *still* gets overrated by Cowboys fans. Dak’s simply outproduced him. He’s healthier. He’s doesn’t come with questionable leadership limitations. He’s a better player, all around.
Plus Dak doesn't have to worry about players building a shrine for the backup QB that won a superbowl

StuckMojo

Reaction score
Without Zeke we dont make the playoffs in 2016 and 2018...
Zeke should have been the Rookie of the Year but stuff like that usually favors QBs. But that’s ok because it was still a Cowboy!

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
Oh I see, the fact that Chaz Green was getting beat like a rented mule, was somehow Daks fault also. :lmao:And... Dak did slide a TE over. Clayborn just beat Chaz to the inside. Also... Is it not the coaches job and coordinators job to call and scheme plays based off what the other team is doing? So a coach with all Garrett's experience, both playing the QB position and coaching it... Is relying on a second year QB to scheme against what the defense is doing. OK, gotcha. I didn't realize a second year QB was given so much latitude that he could free lance every play. Like I said before... If the same guy sacks your QB 6 times and hits him a 7th, in the same game, it's not on the QB. It's on the turnstile you had installed on your OLine.

Never said it was Dak's fault that Green was getting beat i said it was also on Dak for not doing anything at the line to set the proper protections for himself and give Green some help, any competent QB would have lined up a TE next to Green to help or had the RB chip on the way out. Green was horrible that day the fact that Dak did nothing about it to help himself is also horrible and i also said that this was also on JG for not doing anything about it either.

leeblair

Reaction score

Peter King's choices for Top 4 if draft was re-done:

1. Dak Prescott to Rams
2. Chris Jones to Eagles
3. Deforest Buckner to Chargers
4. Carson Wentz to Cowboys

Chris Simm's had Dak at #2:

Untitled.jpg

I don't know why Ezekiel Elliott didn't make either guy's lists. I personally would've chosen Michael Thomas if Dak was already off the board in a fantasy redo situation.

What I'm trying to say here is.... nobody thinks Dak sucks in the real world and in the NFL media world except select members of this forum.

I wish Dak had went to the Rams and we had gotten Wentz.
But with Garrett as head coach, it likely wouldn't have made much difference.

Mannix

Reaction score
Just one more person trying to get Jerry to do something stupid.