Peter King: Dak would've been selected 1 in 2016 draft redo

Hadenough

Reaction score
It’s not even really all that close.
handful of games huh! I only mentioned those two games but its more than that. Go back to 2017 when Dak looked terrible against the Broncos, Chargers, Falcons and Wentz goes out and pounds those teams. Wentz is the better more talented QB.

reddyuta

Reaction score
If you pick a RB in the first you have him for 5 years and can franchise him for 2 and then let him walk with his best years behind him but knowing someone will overpay and you will get a comp pick out of it.

what if they hold out like Zeke?

Adreme

Reaction score
what if they hold out like Zeke?

Then they do not get paid and cannot be free agents especially once the tag starts coming into play. The new CBA sort of made that very very costly to players after all.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
handful of games huh! I only mentioned those two games but its more than that. Go back to 2017 when Dak looked terrible against the Broncos, Chargers, Falcons and Wentz goes out and pounds those teams. Wentz is the better more talented QB.

Yeah, and handful. I’m not sure we’d agree about who looked terrible an who looked great in that handful, but it doesn’t really matter. Dak’s looked a lot better overall. And he’s been on the field. That’s all that really matters.

Polkton31

Reaction score
The Bucs had one named Winston,I swear basic reading skills and understanding are lacking for some looking at the reply. Concepts of W-L are hard for some to understand . SMH, sad so sad.
Winston had 33 TD and 30 INTs. That's more than double Daks INTs. So... What's your point? That a QB can throw for almost 5k yards and still limit his team? Ok, I'll concede that point. Now... What does that have to do with Dak or the Cowboys? If you think Dak was the primary limiting factor for the Cowboys in 2019,,, I suggest you start watching golf.

MoistMayonnaise

Devil's Advocate
Reaction score
but mainly , it is zeke's attitude, holdout issues , and his lack of burst last season. He has regressed and has not been the difference in many games. Plus his cost is enormous for a RB.

So you don't like him personally so he's not good. Got it.

Javier

Reaction score
clearly zeke at 4 was a mistake . typical jason garrett stubborn methodical old fashioned power football. does not work nowadays.

Without Zeke we dont make the playoffs in 2016 and 2018...

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Way to come through with another solid post. Your man crush on Dak clouds your judgement.
It's "judgment", not "judgement".

Your Dak hatred blinds you to the current and future franchise Cowboys QB for years to come. This is what the Cowboys wisely want.

Brax

Reaction score
The concept of W-L being a team stat are hard for some to understand. SMH, sad so sad.
Another one who doesn't understand who gets credit or blamed for W-L I do not see any stats with a W-L record attached to RB, WR ,TE, Ol, but funny how coaches and QB have that. , Dak was 8-0 the team was 0-8 in your view we all get it, SMH, LMAO, pathetic.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Another one who doesn't understand who gets credit or blamed for W-L I do not see any stats with a W-L record attached to RB, WR ,TE, Ol, but funny how coaches and QB have that. , Dak was 8-0 the team was 0-8 in your view we all get it, SMH, LMAO, pathetic.
No you're pathetic lmao.

I don't see Dak as 8-0(because records are a team stat as I just said) I see his offense as being one of the best in the league and one of the best passing attacks. The offense as a whole was let down by coaching, the defense, and special teams.

Those who attribute W-L to only QBs and HCs are morons and very pathetic SMH LMAO.

Brax

Reaction score
Winston had 33 TD and 30 INTs. That's more than double Daks INTs. So... What's your point? That a QB can throw for almost 5k yards and still limit his team? Ok, I'll concede that point. Now... What does that have to do with Dak or the Cowboys? If you think Dak was the primary limiting factor for the Cowboys in 2019,,, I suggest you start watching golf.
9 points with the season and play offs on the line , how about Buffalo, NE, Jets, yes Dak was a limiting factor any other view or excuse is just blinded Dak love..I have said Dak is a good to average QB but not a championship type guy who makes the players around him better., never has been, I will watch this season and see what he does with all the talent they have invested in to use his limited skill set. Please just just wish Dakies would stop with the 100 and 1 excuses for him. Lets all hope all those intangibles show up, me I doubt it but should be great to watch it unfold.

Polkton31

Reaction score
9 points with the season and play offs on the line , how about Buffalo, NE, Jets, yes Dak was a limiting factor any other view or excuse is just blinded Dak love..I have said Dak is a good to average QB but not a championship type guy who makes the players around him better., never has been, I will watch this season and see what he does with all the talent they have invested in to use his limited skill set. Please just just wish Dakies would stop with the 100 and 1 excuses for him. Lets all hope all those intangibles show up, me I doubt it but should be great to watch it unfold.
OK, Once again... Go back and read my post. I never once said Dak wasn't "A Limiting" factor. What I said was, "If you think Dak was the PRIMARY limiting factor for the Cowboys in 2019,,, I suggest you start watching golf." Of course Dak was a limiting factor. So were the coaches and the other 52 players on the roster. As far as "Championship Type Guy", remember... Guys like Mark Rypien, Jim McMahon, Jeff Hostetler, and Trent Dilfer all QBd teams with SB victories. Proving beyond a shadow of a doubt, it's not just on the QB to win the SB.
PS. As long as we're wishing... Might as well wish for "Non-Dakies" to stop making 101 excuses why he should be kicked to the curb. But... We both know neither is going to happen.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I guess you forgot Prescott was being looked at for MVP in his rookie season. So he too has played at an MVP level.

And Wentz’s MVP level season ended up with him hurt and his team going on to win the Super Bowl without him. How valuable was he really?

Zeke was the MVP of that team.

All of the accolades going to Dak is because of the position he played.

He was fantastic for a rookie but Zeke made that thing hummm..

Brax

Reaction score
No you're pathetic lmao.

I don't see Dak as 8-0(because records are a team stat as I just said) I see his offense as being one of the best in the league and one of the best passing attacks. The offense as a whole was let down by coaching, the defense, and special teams.

Those who attribute W-L to only QBs and HCs are morons and very pathetic SMH LMAO.
Again W-L is a Team and also a QB and coach stat/record. Excuses are
"let down by coaching, the defense, and special teams." D gave up, 10, 12, 13, 17, 24 ranked 11th in points 20.1 pga SMH so pathetic.
9, 9, 10 ,15, 22 points = one of the best in the league, LMAO, in reality it was one of the best in the league against weak teams, but wait one of the best O's in the league but but but but the coach stunk, oh the sad thinking, got to laugh at the low IQ that some folks show. Stay safe and thanks for some good laughs.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
clearly zeke at 4 was a mistake . typical jason garrett stubborn methodical old fashioned power football. does not work nowadays.
Having a running game is what led to 2014 being the best Cowboy season in many years, so there actually was a good foundation for wanting a player to continue down that path.

Polkton31

Reaction score
Again W-L is a Team and also a QB and coach stat/record. Excuses are
"let down by coaching, the defense, and special teams." D gave up, 10, 12, 13, 17, 24 ranked 11th in points 20.1 pga SMH so pathetic.
9, 9, 10 ,15, 22 points = one of the best in the league, LMAO, in reality it was one of the best in the league against weak teams, but wait one of the best O's in the league but but but but the coach stunk, oh the sad thinking, got to laugh at the low IQ that some folks show. Stay safe and thanks for some good laughs.
The Cowboys won a SB under the coaching of Barry Switzer. You going to give Switzer the credit for that SB win? It's widely agreed upon that the Cowboys won that SB in spite of his coaching.

Brax

Reaction score
OK, Once again... Go back and read my post. I never once said Dak wasn't "A Limiting" factor. What I said was, "If you think Dak was the PRIMARY limiting factor for the Cowboys in 2019,,, I suggest you start watching golf." Of course Dak was a limiting factor. So were the coaches and the other 52 players on the roster. As far as "Championship Type Guy", remember... Guys like Mark Rypien, Jim McMahon, Jeff Hostetler, and Trent Dilfer all QBd teams with SB victories. Proving beyond a shadow of a doubt, it's not just on the QB to win the SB.
PS. As long as we're wishing... Might as well wish for "Non-Dakies" to stop making 101 excuses why he should be kicked to the curb. But... We both know neither is going to happen.
We agree on something Mark Rypien, Jim McMahon, Jeff Hostetler, and Trent Dilfer were good bus drivers Dak could be too, only problem is it was D that won those SB's, QB's were along for the ride and yes Dak can too, but not with the D in Dallas and with the $ spent on the O side due to Daks limitations it is not happening. . As for kicking him to the curb I have said many times at the right $ he is a good bus driver type QB but not at top 10 money. I actually don't have a problem with the Tag $ this years but, no SB appearance then the team should look at moving on. Stay safe, thanks for the conversation.

MaineBoy

Reaction score

Peter King's choices for Top 4 if draft was re-done:

1. Dak Prescott to Rams
2. Chris Jones to Eagles
3. Deforest Buckner to Chargers
4. Carson Wentz to Cowboys

Chris Simm's had Dak at #2:

Untitled.jpg

I don't know why Ezekiel Elliott didn't make either guy's lists. I personally would've chosen Michael Thomas if Dak was already off the board in a fantasy redo situation.

What I'm trying to say here is.... nobody thinks Dak sucks in the real world and in the NFL media world except select members of this forum.

Yah, not so much. A very fair number of Cowboy fans think Dak is average. Tons of opposing team fans hope we give him a huge contract and sink ourselves. And the same media touting him now will turn on him in a second as soon as he gets a big contract and delivers average results. I wish a Dak was half as good as you guys think he is.