News: Peter King: FMIA Week 2: Too-Early Power Rankings

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
So I was listening to the Ticket this morning and this topic came up. Craig Miller went out on a limb and said that if Parsons keeps up this style of play for lets say...next 5 years...that he would be considered the GOAT for a D player with the current GOAT being Lawrence Taylor. He said the conclusion seems logical because if LT was a 4.6/4.7 wrecking machine and Parsons is a newer/current version running a 4.3 and terrorizing opponents then the newer, updated model would take over. Now the issue is...who people in different generations think is the GOAT on D. Some around here would throw out Bob Lily from a Cowboys perspective. Old School people might say Butkus. Some people would throw Deion out there for how he shut down a field....etc. But this is being thrown out a lot! I fall under the umbrella that it is WAYY too early to make these claims, etc and that we should just enjoy this. But it was interesting none the less considering the guy is ridiculous every game and has the mamba mindset to keep trying to improve. I mean most of us were on here when every week our O had to score 35 to have a chance. I just love what is happening

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profo...-cowboys-aaron-rodgers-peter-king-fmia-week-2

BTW: I covered the Giants for four prime Lawrence Taylorseasons. Micah Parsons is the closest thing I’ve seen to Taylor in terms of being able to collapse the pocket with a bull-rush and turnstile a tackle with unblockable speed.

youngjerryjones

Reaction score
He is doing what he needs to do to put himself in the conversation, you can't ask for anything else.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have 4 defensive players that I believe are on a tier of their own. This is in the modern era. I can't speak for anything before 1980.

Reggie White, Lawrence Taylor, Deion Sanders, Ray Lewis

To me these are the only guys who can be considered for defensive GOAT.

Can Micah get into this mix? I suppose he can. He's that talented.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have 4 defensive players that I believe are on a tier of their own. This is in the modern era. I can't speak for anything before 1980.

Reggie was a stud...too bad he went to early.

Aven8

Reaction score

Ray Lewis is possibly the best defensive player I’ve seen and that’s since the early 80’s. But Micah is a freak. Fast, strong, and driven.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score

That list is pretty much dead on! Agree completely