Twitter: Peter King: late Wade Wilson passion for Dak

cowboyec

Reaction score
great story.
i hadn't heard it before.
history of the draft is filled with stories like this.
no different than the NFL/AFL fighting over college players and hiding them out in hotels so the other league couldn't find them.
or a team having someone sit with them in their home and not letting them answer the phone or the door afraid of the other league offering them a contract.
personally...i have no problem with it.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
So basically Dak cheated.

I don't know. I do know this, I've heard it and said it many times myself. If you aint cheaten, you ain't trying.

That, to me, goes double for finding a job. I'd expect any player to use any advantage they could get to get a job like playing in the NFL. If they don't, I'd question their desire to be there.

Just being honest.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
So basically Dak cheated.

No he didn't. But it proves how wrong scouts can be about players and off the field issues. People were talking about Dak's DUI before the 2016 draft yet we heard there were no red flags with Zeke.

In hindsight, which of the two players do the Cowboys trust more in the offseason today?

catiii

Reaction score
This happened to me once but it was a panel interview. Two people on the panel asked me a question and I gave an answer that they said that would not happen. The head of the panel said told the two that I was right and the answer that I gave was exactly what I would expect someone to do in this position. When I left I questioned myself if I wanted to work at this place since they were so out of touch. The head guy informed me that I did not get the job but thanked me for answering the questions like I did. Even if I was offered the job I don't think I would have taken it.
Only panel interview I ever had fired intense questions at me in what was meant to be an extremely frightening and intimidating way - none of which had a correct answer. The answer wasn't what they were looking for. I passed. :D You can likely guess what and who it might've been..........

jnday

Reaction score
This is funny. This fan base, for the majority of Wilson's association with this team, has been down on him. I wonder what Dak fans think about him now?
Certain posters will rush to praise him as a QB coaching guru that has an opinion beyond question.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Certain posters will rush to praise him as a QB coaching guru that has an opinion beyond question.

I think he was pretty decent in terms of teaching players the NFL game and how to survive it if you are a QB. As far as an actual QB Coach, teaching technique and mechanics, he was probably closer to average. Hell, I'm not sure there are a whole lot of really good Coaches who can actually teach what you need to know about actually throwing the football. That's why they have special camps these guys go to, to learn how to do things like keep you shoulders in tight, level out your elbow, turn your hips and stay even on your stride. All kinds of little things that help your accuracy and velocity, things that help you save your elbow and shoulder so you can play longer. These are things that a lot of QB Coaches, not sure they really know or teach. It's expected that QBs come into the League understanding how to throw a Football but that's going away in HS and in College now, as well. It's because offenses are becoming more reliant on athletic ability and less reliant on actually throwing the ball down field accurately. Running Offenses that are not RPO. Anyhow, Wilson had his strengths I think. I do believe that QB that was good at teaching QBs how to actually throw the ball, learn mechanics, was Kitna. He understood it and he was good at it.

JMO

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Dak was told by his position coach on the team. What was he supposed to do, rat him out to Garrett?

Last thing you want to do, if you are a young player is complain or make it look like you are complaining. Especially if you are a QB. Make the team, put a few skins up on the wall and then, maybe you think about opening your mouth.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
This is funny. This fan base, for the majority of Wilson's association with this team, has been down on him. I wonder what Dak fans think about him now?
So what I get out of this is that Dak used inside info to get signed.i am not sure I like that about Dak.that tells me he may not be Al together honest about how he leads.

I would question why he would do things like that. Wilson was really showing his true colors here for being fair to all the other players by passing team analytic methods in order to influence team decisions. Most would consider it harmless but I think it reveals character or lack of it all around.

Hmmm..a weird story to reveal after Daks signing.

Somebody is running out of real news.

Sloppy journalism if you ask me.

Mike Fisher is all you need to know here..

Ugh. I will not watch his reports anymore. He just drowns on and says nothing new.

Blah..

Last edited:

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
So what I get out of this is that Dak used inside info to get signed.i am not sure I like that about Dak.that tells me he may not be Al together honest about how he leads.

I would question why he would do things like that. Wilson was really showing his true colors here for being fair to all the other players by passing team analytic methods in order to influence team decisions. Most would consider it harmless but I think it reveals character or lack of it all around.

Hmmm..a weird story to reveal after Daks signing.

Somebody is running out of real news.

Sloppy journalism if you ask me.

I don't know, I never played Pro Ball, not even close but I do know this. I saw a lot of times where guys who were better ball players were not started, in favor of guys who maybe had a higher upside but maybe not as much experience or maybe just weren't as tough, whatever it might be. It does happen in sports for sure, as I'm sure most of us know.

A perfect example of this, most of us watched in real time was Witt and Marty B. Bennett was more talented but Witten was just plain better. That situation worked out the other way but there are lots of times it doesn't work out that way. It happens........

eromeopolk

Reaction score
Wade Wilson got Rex GROSSman to a Super Bowl. Just for that all the Arlington Jonesboys fans should praise the endorsement of Wilson to draft Dak Prescott and success as a QB coach. I was not happy about Goodell going into his personal life.

Wilson, Dan Mullen, Brian Johnson (hired by the Eagles), Urban Meyer, McClay, and even Jason Garrett, etc. know a little something about QBs.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
now, I bet Dak detractors will bounce all over this, but this speaks to the dysfunctional organization that Jerry jones has created....

It definitely shows a dysfunctional organization but it also shows the true character of Prescott. The honorable thing to do was to decline the cheat sheet.

But that's not the kind of guy he is.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score

Lack of buy in to the org, particularly Garrett. Wanted to get him past Garrett and didn't trust Garrett to evaluate Dak as positively as he had.
Is anyone surprised? Does it look like Wilson made a bad call?

Silverstar

Reaction score
Not surprised at all and really don't care, I just want more than one and done in January by this organization.

I want some playoff progress!

:banghead:

jnday

Reaction score
I think he was pretty decent in terms of teaching players the NFL game and how to survive it if you are a QB. As far as an actual QB Coach, teaching technique and mechanics, he was probably closer to average. Hell, I'm not sure there are a whole lot of really good Coaches who can actually teach what you need to know about actually throwing the football. That's why they have special camps these guys go to, to learn how to do things like keep you shoulders in tight, level out your elbow, turn your hips and stay even on your stride. All kinds of little things that help your accuracy and velocity, things that help you save your elbow and shoulder so you can play longer. These are things that a lot of QB Coaches, not sure they really know or teach. It's expected that QBs come into the League understanding how to throw a Football but that's going away in HS and in College now, as well. It's because offenses are becoming more reliant on athletic ability and less reliant on actually throwing the ball down field accurately. Running Offenses that are not RPO. Anyhow, Wilson had his strengths I think. I do believe that QB that was good at teaching QBs how to actually throw the ball, learn mechanics, was Kitna. He understood it and he was good at it.

JMO
I had nothing against Wilson, but I never really could pick out any one improvement that he was responsible for. Kitna seemed to be a better QB coach, or I should say he seemed to be a more passionate coach from appearances.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
It definitely shows a dysfunctional organization but it also shows the true character of Prescott. The honorable thing to do was to decline the cheat sheet.

But that's not the kind of guy he is.
Well he went in the 4th

And worked hard and proved himself

Not much of a cheat sheet now, was it!!!