News: Peter King on Dallas' first pick

morasp

Reaction score
Perspectives suck some times,, and yes the knee jerk suggests we suck.
Am I the only one tired of only being able to find starting offensive linemen in the first round or early second? Excluding Collins which was extremely lucky but good work all the same. And the salary cap is skewed something like $100 million offense $58 million defense and in tight games they can't figure out why the defense couldn't stop the other team from going ahead.

Last edited:

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Am I the only one tired of only being able to find starting offensive linemen in the first round or early second? Excluding Collins which was extremely lucky.
No sir,, but we have masked the inability of our coaching staff to actually manifest raw talent.
I get tired of the excuse that with the existing short term time frame of player contracts that its somehow an excuse that you cant full throttle the learning curve with exceptional coaching.
There is no cap related to how much you can pay your coaching staff.
Break the bank, bring in the best.
Maybe MM and company are that advent.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
The Raiders are making noise to take Love at 19. I say put it out there that we are looking at a QB in the draft in case Dak doesn't resign and let them beg to trade up 2 spots to make sure they get their guy. Never know, lol

BigD_95

Reaction score

morasp

Reaction score
No sir,, but we have masked the inability of our coaching staff to actually manifest raw talent.
I get tired of the excuse that with the existing short term time frame of player contracts that its somehow an excuse that you cant full throttle the learning curve with exceptional coaching.
There is no cap related to how much you can pay your coaching staff.
Break the bank, bring in the best.
Maybe MM and company are that advent.
I've got to be honest I usually consider myself fairly intelligent but that just looks like a bunch of words and I really can't tell what you mean. As far as the new coaching staff I'll let you know what I think after the season. Our new OL coach looks qualified so let's hope for the best.

Last edited:

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I've got to be honest I usually consider myself fairly intelligent that just looks like a bunch of words and I really can't tell what you mean.
Sorry,, I go off at times..
I just meant "coaching".

Dak_Attack_09

Reaction score
Such a game plan to trade down in the hopes of drafting their center of the future in Cesar Ruiz is seemingly a workable plan. The Cowboys' center spot is a valuable spoke in the wheel of making the OL another effective unit within their offensive setup. Let's see how that plan goes, assuming it truly is one. Let's bear in mind that we could obtain extra draft pick(s) for such a deal if it happens. I can see where it might work, if handled correctly.

It would be idiotic if a top CB or DL was available to draft at 17.

morasp

Reaction score
Sorry,, I go off at times..
I just meant "coaching".
In that case I agree 100%. I'm hopeful the new coaching staff does well and the best things I've seen so far is that at least on the surface Jerry seems to be letting them run with it and isn't micromanaging everything.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
The center from Wisconsin might be available at 51.
I've seen rankings that put him over Ruiz.
I agree.

The Wisconsin center appears a bit more cerebral. Ruiz more physical.

It's a decent difference depending on the need and fit.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
In that case I agree 100%. I'm hopeful the new coaching staff does well and the best things I've seen so far is that at least on the surface Jerry seems to be letting them run with it and isn't micromanaging everything.
One hopes, right?

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Or a WR if available. Same thing. Being at 17 with valuable players raining like cats and dogs is a good thing for us.

We will know what we want and options will appear. Can we screw up? Sure.

Look at Taco and Hill. We are as prone to messing it up as much as scoring well.

It's going to get really interesting soon.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score

Perhaps but the Centers that Dallas likes aren't actually due for taking until the 2nd and 3rd rounds. They can still draft a CB or DE at #17.

In any event, it's anyone's guess what they're likely to be thinking. We all realize they're somewhat unpredictable, anyway. We shall see. ;)

Last edited:

Adreme

Reaction score
I rather take a corner but if we trade down and get a extra 2nd round pick I would be ok with this

From where the Cowboys are to pick, you would effectively be trading out of the first round or right near it in order to grab an extra 2nd (and if its near it aka 30-32 its a late 2nd).

blueblood70

Reaction score
He can play any interior OL position FWIW. They aren't settled at LG either.
so can Conner McGovern, Williams, and looney..lets keep adding to the OL while the defense continues to suffer.

NO New strategy, improve the team, you have resources to actually coach up for the C/LG spots as we sit..

to me a center before the 45th round is wasted picks.

i cant wait until this draft is over so I know MM had some real influence in that war room....I want the best CB, S, or DE high in this draft.. then WR heck a swing tackle would be better use of a pick..