Peter King talking Cowboys on Sirius

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
zrinkill;2175938 said:
Wow .......

Though this is the same idiot that said he has never seen a QB look better than Campbell did.

:laugh1:

He is also the same guy that said...don't be surprised to see Tony Romo take over for Bledsoe.....

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
dmq;2175934 said:
Sweet comments on Felix. I was all over Jerry after we didn't take Mendenhall, but I would be perfectly willing to eat crow. This guy could really change how defenses have to play our offense.

I'll be there with you. But don't eat too much. A different back. I wanted Mendenhall because he's a complete RB. Big enough to carry the load and fast, quick and hands to add that 3rd down dimension.

Perhaps Cat II will be more of a complete RB than we're thinking and that plate of crow will be bigger than I expect.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I've already heard several analyists say Felix is a strong candidate for OROY.

Should MB3 miss any time and we go witih Felix full time that would just about lock it up.

Great RB corp we have now.

LucaBrasi

Sleeps with the fishes
Reaction score
jobberone;2176324 said:
I'll be there with you. But don't eat too much. A different back. I wanted Mendenhall because he's a complete RB. Big enough to carry the load and fast, quick and hands to add that 3rd down dimension.

Perhaps Cat II will be more of a complete RB than we're thinking and that plate of crow will be bigger than I expect.
I wanted Mendenhall too, up until about two days ago when Mike Tomiln called him out for running too soft in the Steelers training camp goal line drills.

lkelly

Reaction score
If Felix wins rookie of the year, it means one of two things happened:

1. Barber suffered a serious injury forcing him to miss a lot of time.
2. We decided to throw the ball a LOT less than last year, meaning Owens and Witten's numbers went down (as did Romo's).

sonnyboy

Benched
Reaction score
lkelly;2176370 said:

2. We decided to throw the ball a LOT less than last year, meaning Owens and Witten's numbers went down (as did Romo's).

OR

3. We actually split time between Barber and Jones and found other uses for Jones in the passing game lined up wide and in the slot.
Jones ends up with 180 carries and 60 plus receptions.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
lkelly;2175944 said:
I'm fairly certain that Peter King's player scouting skills are strictly limited to High School girls softball. He also focuses a lot of energy on picking out the differences in coffee taste at Starbucks situatated across the street from one another. Don't get too excited over his NFL evaluations.

his son plays at arkansas so he is very likely to be biased in favor of felix.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
I think that's Mortensen... Unless King has a son there, too.

Or Mary Beth changed sports.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
lkelly;2176370 said:

nope....
it would just mean he made a lot of big plays in the kick off return game, in his 12 carries per game and in his receptions....

the fact is the cowboys are very likely to have one of the best regular season records again and they are on tv nearly every week nationally so i'd say he has a fair shot.

peterson won it last year splitting time at RB and ending up missing games due to injury.

marchetta

Reaction score
dmq;2175934 said:
Sweet comments on Felix. I was all over Jerry after we didn't take Mendenhall, but I would be perfectly willing to eat crow. This guy could really change how defenses have to play our offense.

I was also on the Mendenhall and R.Rice bandwagon. Get my plate ready. I'll be more than happy to eat two servings if it means F.Jones impacts for us.