Peter King talks about officiating last night

dfense

Reaction score
MMQB-Talks about Witten block, phantom TO interference etc.

03EBZ06

Need2Speed
Reaction score
Officiating totally sucked last night.

Along with those mentioned, MBIII got horse-collared twice last night but Bears D didn't get flagged for those and we had two seconds left on the clock at the end of the first half to at least attempt a FG but Official made a stupid call of no time left and ran off the field.

Those officials last night was incompetent idiots and should be reprimended.

notherbob

Reaction score
03EBZ06;1666495 said:
Officiating totally sucked last night.

Along with those mentioned, MBIII got horse-collared twice last night but Bears D didn't get flagged for those and we had two seconds left on the clock at the end of the first half to at least attempt a FG but Official made a stupid call of no time left and ran off the field.

Those officials last night was incompetent idiots and should be reprimended.

I don't agree. I don't think the officials were the least bit incompetent, I think their actions were intentional. My guess is some "Mr. Big" had a big wad bet on the Bears and bought off the officials. Not like it hasn't happened before.

ZeroClub

just trying to get better
Reaction score
dfense;1666486 said:
MMQB-Talks about Witten block, phantom TO interference etc.
I'm glad to hear that the media is taking note of the bad calls.

It says something that the Cowboys were able to overcome those calls and a tough opponent on the road.

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If you can belive this....on sirus this morning...I turned on the NFL channel to listen to their thoughts on the game lastnight....and what do I hear??!?!?!

They are saying even though some calls went the Bears way...that there were plenty that we our way, and thats what turned the game around :eek:

Examples they gave:

The play where Romo slid past a diving Tommy Harris...they said the announcers were saying it was Romo's athleticism, but they said it was more because of a clip by L. Davis...

Then, they were trying to give examples of holding calls that should have been on us, but were never called....

The worse however, was giving the play early in the 4th, where Barber kinda rolled up on the 1st down line (on TV), and they didn't measure it...it was 2nd down at the time....but they said it would have changed things :lmao2:

I belive the two were Randy Cross and some other numnut :D

adamknite

Reaction score
notherbob;1666566 said:
I don't agree. I don't think the officials were the least bit incompetent, I think their actions were intentional. My guess is some "Mr. Big" had a big wad bet on the Bears and bought off the officials. Not like it hasn't happened before.

If the refs weren't paid off they sure did their best to make it look like they were.

Hoov

Reaction score
the one call that did go our way was the fumble, it was difficult to see but it looked real close as to if his knee was down before the ball was ripped out. Could have gone either way, but that was a big game changer.

VACowboy

Reaction score
Whoever was with Cross, he admitted that he hates the Cowboys.

superpunk

Reaction score
B. King said:
9. I think this is my advice to officiating czar Mike Pereira after viewing a day of football Sunday: You have got to talk to your crews this week about some of the biggest phantom calls in recent times. They were all over the place, particularly from Ron Winter's crew Sunday night. A phony interference call on Terrell Owens and a terrible illegal-block-in-the-back call on Jason Witten ... those calls just can't be supported on video. And they weren't the only ones Sunday.

There that is, since it's not up top.

ilovejerry

Reaction score
Give this man a Cigar... You have just won a prize for the correct answer

notherbob;1666566 said:

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
the officiating was really bad last week, just not in the cowboys game.

Troy aikman threw a nice backhanded comment at mike perraria? last night.

He was basically laughing at their explanation that the giants were penalized for the packers going offsides the week before.

MiKe P. Was just covering their butts.

Last night was simply ridiculous. Julius jones has now had three outstanding plays taken off the books because of penalties.

The holding on flozell should have recieved two flags. I cant remember if he was holding mark anderson or alex brown or agunleye but as he was supposedly holding him the bears player stuck out his leg and tried to trip julius....no flag.....So how can the official stare at adams and see the holding and miss the tripping?

Really means alot to get the officials hurting you and to overcome that and win with the power we showed.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
In retrospect, that game looked liked someone told the refs before the game to give the bears a little help and then changed their mind at halftime and either told them to help out the Cowboys in the 2nd half or at least make up for the bad calls in the 1st half.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
03EBZ06;1666495 said:
Along with those mentioned, MBIII got horse-collared twice last night but Bears D didn't get flagged for those

Those weren't horse collar tackles. You can grab the back of the jersey - that isn't a violation of the rule.

DallasInDC

Reaction score
Cowboys22;1666790 said:
In retrospect, that game looked liked someone told the refs before the game to give the bears a little help and then changed their mind at halftime and either told them to help out the Cowboys in the 2nd half or at least make up for the bad calls in the 1st half.

What make up calls are you referring to? Caus I sure as heck didn't see them?? :huh:

jimmy40

Reaction score
abersonc;1666892 said:
Those weren't horse collar tackles. You can grab the back of the jersey - that isn't a violation of the rule.
Thank God we won, can you imagine if we lost?

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
abersonc;1666892 said:

Not according to the announcers. They were saying after Roy's penalty that they tweaked the rule to include grabbing of the jersey which is what Roy did.