Peter King's Eagles Slobber-fest

Phrozen Phil

Reaction score
It looks like Peter King is in love with Donovan McNabb. Check this out.

The Eagles were tremendous last night. All that stood between them and beating the best team in football on the road was a botched Donovan McNabb-to-Brian Westbrook handoff with nine minutes left at the Dallas 33, trying to expand on a three-point lead. That's a once- or twice-a-year event, that kind of stupid play, and it shouldn't take away from what the Eagles showed the country in a scintillating football game.

Dr. Z might be right after all: The Eagles, if they stay healthy (and isn't that always the big thing with this team?), could come out of the NFC's power division, the NFC East, and make it to the Super Bowl. The three things that impressed me most about Philadelphia last night:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/peter_king/09/16/mail/index.html

He seems reluctant to give the Boys much credit for the win, indicating that the reason the Eagles didn't win was that they didn't get any pass rush on Romo. While he does acknowledge that the Cowboys are the #1 team in football, he gets quite gushy over Donovan. While Tony made mistakes, he was the one who brought the team back. McNabb finished the game getting sacked and then running a bogus hook-and-ladder play that fizzled.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Eagles' blown handoff was a once-a-year event, but the Romo end zone follies wasn't? Gotcha.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
The thing Peter King needs to ask himself is can the Eagles catch lightning in a bottle and remain playing tremendous?

Do they need to play Dallas 16 weeks to play at that kind of level?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
jimnabby;2264657 said:
The Eagles' blown handoff was a once-a-year event, but the Romo end zone follies wasn't? Gotcha.

And the PI call on Henry.

The no calls for holding that Philly ALWAYS gets.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Even though it's still week 2...

Come on, this is rediculous. Their lack of pass rush will give them problems all year(they're undersized on that DL). Dawkins is old and keeps losing steps. Their so-called 3-headed monster at CB is overhyped.

And yes-we gifted them 14 pts ourselves. Give me a break!

Xy_Oldone

Reaction score
I like how because of a botched hand off its seven points. Even if he would have kept the ball it might have only led to three points. And we still would have won.

CoCo

Reaction score
Phrozen Phil;2264639 said:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/peter_king/09/16/mail/index.html

He seems reluctant to give the Boys much credit for the win, indicating that the reason the Eagles didn't win was that they didn't get any pass rush on Romo. While he does acknowledge that the Cowboys are the #1 team in football, he gets quite gushy over Donovan. While Tony made mistakes, he was the one who brought the team back. McNabb finished the game getting sacked and then running a bogus hook-and-ladder play that fizzled.

I suppose that's true, but then he did call us the best team in football.

Frankly, this Cowboy fan is glad we won and appreciated much of what we had to do successfully to beat the Eagles last night. There is certainly some credit due there.

And yet, if we are to win a Super Bowl, a performance like last night won't get it done. Obviously, it won't for the Eagles either.

But I think the reason the Eagles get more kudos is because they were the assumed inferior team, on the road, and almost won it anyway.

I'm not looking for any love from outsiders at this point of the season. I actually prefer we not get any. If we can prove ourselves championship worthy by seasons end, there will be plenty of love then.

Real1st

Nikola Tesla
Reaction score
Who cares id rather have this team not being talked about.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Real1st;2264687 said:
Who cares id rather have this team not being talked about.

Why would you want that?

Its not like this franchise doesn't have success when all the attention is pointed at Dallas.

This is the Cowboys. If you dont like it you could always go root for Arizona or something.

Real1st

Nikola Tesla
Reaction score
CATCH17;2264695 said:
Why would you want that?

Its not like this franchise doesn't have success when all the attention is pointed at Dallas.

This is the Cowboys. If you dont like it you could always go root for Arizona or something.

Because what they talk about really doesn't matter at the end of the day.

What matters is what they do on the field.

If Peter King wants to gloat about the eagles then let him.

Are you that obsessed with having someone say something good in the media about the boys? Does it make you feel good? Does it make you really care that much? If thats the case then you are a sad individual.

The less respect they get the more fuel to their fire.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Real1st;2264710 said:
Because what they talk about really doesn't matter at the end of the day.

What matters is what they do on the field.

If Peter King wants to gloat about the eagles then let him.

Are you that obsessed with having someone say something good in the media about the boys? Does it make you feel good? Does it make you really care that much? If thats the case then you are a sad individual.

The less respect they get the more fuel to their fire.

I like it both ways. Gives me something to talk/laugh about.

Thats one of the reasons im glad im a fan of this franchise. Because everyone has an opinion and people tend to show their biased opinions.

Berman, keyshawn, jaws.... They can make every excuse in the book but the score board still reads Dallas win.

newlander

Reaction score
The more I watch these, the older I get.....it's all entertainment and betting fixed guys. The fans love offense right? Make all the rules tilted towards the offense. Those are two pretty good defenses last night that looked like manure because they aren't allowed to PLAY. As for the betting....draw your own conclusions.

Real1st

Nikola Tesla
Reaction score
CATCH17;2264726 said:
I like it both ways. Gives me something to talk/laugh about.

Thats one of the reasons im glad im a fan of this franchise. Because everyone has an opinion and people tend to show their biased opinions.

Berman, keyshawn, jaws.... They can make every excuse in the book but the score board still reads Dallas win.

Then don't tell me i should "root" for Arizona.

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
I've really lost all respect for King. He doesn't even really try to hide his obvious favorites any more.

You can always count on him to gush about the Pats, Andy Reid and the Eagles and Brett Favre.

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
jimnabby;2264657 said:

Exactly.

BulletBob

The Godfather
Reaction score
Phrozen Phil;2264639 said:

The Eagles were tremendous last night. All that stood between them and beating the best team in football on the road was a botched Donovan McNabb-to-Brian Westbrook handoff with nine minutes left at the Dallas 33, trying to expand on a three-point lead. That's a once- or twice-a-year event, that kind of stupid play, and it shouldn't take away from what the Eagles showed the country in a scintillating football game.

Dr. Z might be right after all: The Eagles, if they stay healthy (and isn't that always the big thing with this team?), could come out of the NFC's power division, the NFC East, and make it to the Super Bowl. The three things that impressed me most about Philadelphia last night:

Could it also not be argued that the only reason it wasn't a blowout was because of Romo's fluke fumble in the end zone?

Here's why I'm not too upset about Burger King's comments.

Do you all remember after the Patriots game last year? Most of our fan base was taking solace that we hung in there with the best team in football for 3 quarters until we shot ourselves in the foot. Remember?

Well, I've been listening to WIP (local Philly station) all day today and that's exactly what the Philly fan base is arguing today.

It's nice for the shoe to be on the other foot this year ...

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
He called us the best team in football and people are getting their panties in a wad because he's not giving us enough respect?

..... only in fan messageboard land.