Peter King's Eagles Slobber-fest

jjktkk

Reaction score
This morning, after reading King's MMQB Tuesday edition. I emailed him and called him out on his East Coast bias. Geez after reading his column you would of thought the Eagles won the game. He gave no credit for the Cowboys win. Was kinda surprised about King's column. Hes normally pretty unbiased when he covers NFL teams.

Temo

Reaction score
I've thought Peter King to be of a low intellectual capacity for quite a while now, but this part Killed me:

Brian Westbrook. I don't care about his stats; don't even tell me what they were.

Really Mr. King? Was it not you who just earlier said:

They can really play the run. Marion Barber's as tough an inside runner as there is in the NFL right now. His 18 carries last night: 1, minus-2, 1, 0, 1, 11, 0, 18, minus-2, 19, 3, 1, 2, 0, 1, 6 and 1 yards. Two-thirds of his carries went for two yards or less.

Oh I see... we can use Marion Barber's statistics but not Westbrook's? You see, the fact that he's trying to hide is that Barber and Westbrook essentially had the same statistical game yesterday (though maybe Westbrook's receiving yards put him over the top).

Spontae

Reaction score
I would like some simple, detached, unbiased journalism.

I could not believe what I read and heard this morning recapping the Cowboys' win...

"Cowboys survive"

"Eagles almost triumph"

"Cowboys barely hang on"

"Eagles looked tremendous"

I'm not crying about any anti-Cowboys media bias. I just want to know whether or not true journalism is dead...

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
All that stood between them and beating the best team in football on the road was a botched Donovan McNabb-to-Brian Westbrook handoff with nine minutes left at the Dallas 33, trying to expand on a three-point lead.

Yep. No way we stop them, Akers misses, Mcnabb throws it right to Roy, or we make a comeback. Because 9 minutes is such a short amount of time.....

I mean, its not like we can score on any given play on a bomb or nothing. Clearly we need 10 minutes to mount a drive

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
InmanRoshi;2264928 said:
He called us the best team in football and people are getting their panties in a wad because he's not giving us enough respect?

..... only in fan messageboard land.

I don't care so much about that (even though he mentioned that in passing).

If you've read King at all, you know he loves Reid because of the access Reid gives him. So, an article like this isn't a surprise. Just like how his Monday article raved about the Patriots. Next time Favre plays good, guess what King will rave about.

Temo

Reaction score
I take back what I said about the receiving yardage. Barber was better there as well.

StylisticS

Reaction score
junk;2264761 said:
I've really lost all respect for King. He doesn't even really try to hide his obvious favorites any more.

You can always count on him to gush about the Pats, Andy Reid and the Eagles and Brett Favre.

A couple weeks ago on 980 here in DC, the sports guy (forgot his name) said that if you really want insight about the game of football, Peter King is not the guy to look for.