Video: Peter Schrager's Mock Draft 1.0!

morasp

Reaction score

Pick

Dallas Cowboys

Jahmyr Gibbs
Alabama · RB · Junior
The Cowboys have an incredibly strong track record when it comes to recent first-round picks: WR CeeDee Lamb and LB Micah Parsons have both made the past two Pro Bowls, while OL Tyler Smith showed plenty of promise in Year 1. After the release of former No. 4 overall pick Ezekiel Elliott, Dallas has room for another back. With Bijan Robinson off the board, Jerry Jones and Co. scoop up the explosive Gibbs.

https://www.nfl.com/news/peter-schr...1-0-texans-trade-out-of-no-2-two-rbs-picked-i

Last edited:

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Pick

Dallas Cowboys

Jahmyr Gibbs
Alabama · RB · Junior
The Cowboys have an incredibly strong track record when it comes to recent first-round picks: WR CeeDee Lamb and LB Micah Parsons have both made the past two Pro Bowls, while OL Tyler Smith showed plenty of promise in Year 1. After the release of former No. 4 overall pick Ezekiel Elliott, Dallas has room for another back. With Bijan Robinson off the board, Jerry Jones and Co. scoop up the explosive Gibbs.

https://www.nfl.com/news/peter-schr...1-0-texans-trade-out-of-no-2-two-rbs-picked-i

For people that hate drafting a RB in the 1st, Gibbs might be a legit option to play significant snaps as a slot WR.
Choice: 5-9, 170 WR or 5-9, 199 RB/WR Gibbs...

J12B

Reaction score
Gibbs in the 1st and Johnson out of Texas in the 4th for some power.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I’d love it.

Dude is lightning with the ball and I like players that you can just get the ball in their hands and they can house it like Tony Pollard.

When Pollard went out of the game against San Fran how nice would it have been to have Jamyr Gibbs?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Gibbs in the 1st and Johnson out of Texas in the 4th for some power.
I don’t like Johnson.

Hips are just too stiff and he just looks like an obnoxious version of a power back that you can find in free agency.

We don’t need to spend a draft pick on a guy like that when Latavius Murray types are always available.

J12B

Reaction score
I don’t like Johnson.

Hips are just too stiff and he just looks like an obnoxious version of a power back that you can find in free agency.

We don’t need to spend a draft pick on a guy like that when Latavius Murray types are always available.

Murray is beat.

J12B

Reaction score
But there is someone else out there just like him. Always is.

What I like about Johnson is that he is fresh and has good power.

Not gonna break anything for 20 plus, but he could get the grunt work and a little more if needed.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
What I like about Johnson is that he is fresh and has good power.

Not gonna break anything for 20 plus, but he could get the grunt work and a little more if needed.
I don’t want to spend a draft pick before round 5 on someone like that.

I need upside with my draft picks. Not a limited RB. It’s a waste of a pick and if he ever has to play in a expanded role your offense becomes limited as well.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
I’d love this pick. Gibbs is so dynamic. Imagine him coming in for Pollard, when he needs a break. The defense would never get a rest.

Defenses would relax when Pollard wasn’t in the game. Not with Gibbs here.

He will be a nightmare for defenses in the passing game. A screen? Fogetaboutit!

jrumann59

Reaction score
Woof…

RB in 1st is bad. Complimentary RB in 1st is worse.
I have no issue with RB late in the 1st round, I have issue with RB early 1st round. At 26 you are looking at borderline 1st rounder/2nd rounder type players for the most part.

rambo2

Reaction score
Excellent pick. 26 is a 2nd round pick with a 5th year option. They could even trade back and draft Gibbs or Avila or Tillman.

cnuball21

Reaction score
I have no issue with RB late in the 1st round, I have issue with RB early 1st round. At 26 you are looking at borderline 1st rounder/2nd rounder type players for the most part.
I’m looking for a 1st rounder that fell.

If not, I’m looking for a fringe 1st rounder at a money position so I can have it cheap for 5 years.