Video: Peter Schrager's Mock Draft 1.0!

baltcowboy

Reaction score
What’s Archer sayin?

I saw a Mock yesterday that had Philly drafting Njigba and trading back up for Bijan.
He is not saying anything yet. The only thing he posted was he reacted to Mel’s pick of Mayer with a line that the Cowboys would consider McDonald if the board played out that way.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Schrager is incredibly well connected in the NFL and is one of the most knowledgeable members of the NFL Media. He goes around the league, visits teams and does NFL Network segments on teams and players. He is frequently at team’s headquarters all over the NFL.

This mock is from what he’s hearing around the league, not what he thinks team’s will do. And he has talked to a ton of teams this off season.
He is the nick wright of the nfl and it's a joke. they run tv its ok. Tel A Vision

Smith22

Reaction score
I think we are in bad spot for this draft honestly unless you want to draft the top 1/2 TE or overdraft an OL that won't be there for our 2nd pick.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
You don't think Sam Williams can be that guy?
Or Dorance Armstrong could surprise and suddenly be that guy, or Chauncey Golsten could be that guy, or Dante Fower could still be that guy. Is it worth gambling on?

Sam Could be, but he isn’t until he is. You’ve been throwing poop at the wall for nearly 20 years now at DE. No other team stops at a 4 sack rookie year of a day 2 pick and says “that’ll do it.” Would it be better to gamble if Sam is the guy, or to draft another “the guy” and hedge your bet… maybe you end up with multiple. It’s the second most important position to QB, you start 2, and you can get a good rotation going to keep them fresh all season.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Or Dorance Armstrong could surprise and suddenly be that guy, or Chauncey Golsten could be that guy, or Dante Fower could still be that guy. Is it worth gambling on?

Sam Could be, but he isn’t until he is. You’ve been throwing poop at the wall for nearly 20 years now at DE. No other team stops at a 4 sack rookie year of a day 2 pick and says “that’ll do it.” Would it be better to gamble if Sam is the guy, or to draft another “the guy” and hedge your bet… maybe you end up with multiple. It’s the second most important position to QB, you start 2, and you can get a good rotation going to keep them fresh all season.
I think it’s fair for Cowboys fans to feel confident about Sam taking a full time role soon. They had a lot of pass rushers last year so we’re able to ease him into but here’s where he stood as a rookie ranked against others heading into December last year:

- 1st in PFF grade
- 2nd in pass-rush win %
- 3rd in pass-rush productivity rating
- 2nd in run-stop %
- 1st in average depth of tackle vs. run
- 4th in total stops
- 3rd in sacks

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
I think it’s fair for Cowboys fans to feel confident about Sam taking a full time role soon. They had a lot of pass rushers last year so we’re able to ease him into but here’s where he stood as a rookie ranked against others heading into December last year:

- 1st in PFF grade
- 2nd in pass-rush win %
- 3rd in pass-rush productivity rating
- 2nd in run-stop %
- 1st in average depth of tackle vs. run
- 4th in total stops
- 3rd in sacks
It’s not just about him taking a full time role. If he became Demarcus Lawrence in the pass rush department, would that make you happy? Would you say there’s no need at spending top draft assets at the position?

cnuball21

Reaction score
It’s not just about him taking a full time role. If he became Demarcus Lawrence in the pass rush department, would that make you happy? Would you say there’s no need at spending top draft assets at the position?
If he turns into a DLaw type player during his prime when healthy I’d be ecstatic.

That’s still not going to stop me from drafting a DE at 26 though if it’s BPA…having 2 good pass rushers isn’t enough.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
If he turns into a DLaw type player during his prime when healthy I’d be ecstatic.

That’s still not going to stop me from drafting a DE at 26 though if it’s BPA…having 2 good pass rushers isn’t enough.
That was my point. Maybe Sam works out, maybe he doesn’t. But DE has been lackluster for Dallas for a long time; DT gets all the press but the 4 projected 2023 starting Dline spots accounted for 19.5 sacks last year. That may be lowest in the nfl.

Give Micah 1st round help and it would shoot the defensive prowess into the upper atmosphere

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score

Yep. I absolutely expect Williams to continue on the path he was on last season and be a good pass rusher. However, you can always use more, like you said.

Williams is so strong, I see him as being the strong side end and replacing Lawrence once he’s gone. I’d still like to have McDonald or N Smith as the weak side DE opposite him. Then, Micah would go wherever Quinn wanted to use him.

Fowler is a really good rotational end in the nickel / dime packages, but he isn’t a long term solution like McDonald or Smith would be. Which is why I’d be perfectly happy if the BPA at 26 is an edge. Those are good players that would immediately add to the rotation with the chance of becoming a fixture at end.

cnuball21

Reaction score
That was my point. Maybe Sam works out, maybe he doesn’t. But DE has been lackluster for Dallas for a long time; DT gets all the press but the 4 projected 2023 starting Dline spots accounted for 19.5 sacks last year. That may be lowest in the nfl.

Give Micah 1st round help and it would shoot the defensive prowess into the upper atmosphere
Yea, I mean you don’t have to convince me to add another DE early especially considering Parsons plays off ball a little bit. I guess my point was I think Sam can turn into a solid starter for us and we have returning rotational guys that can get after it.

I’m always open to drafting a DE but we were tied for 3rd in the NFL in sacks last year. Pass rush was far from the reason we couldn’t make a run.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Yep. I absolutely expect Williams to continue on the path he was on last season and be a good pass rusher. However, you can always use more, like you said.

Williams is so strong, I see him as being the strong side end and replacing Lawrence once he’s gone. I’d still like to have McDonald or N Smith as the weak side DE opposite him. Then, Micah would go wherever Quinn wanted to use him.

Fowler is a really good rotational end in the nickel / dime packages, but he isn’t a long term solution like McDonald or Smith would be. Which is why I’d be perfectly happy if the BPA at 26 is an edge. Those are good players that would immediately add to the rotation with the chance of becoming a fixture at end.
Smith is a pipedream but McDonald would be rock solid.

I’m open to either type honestly.

Spottswoode

Reaction score

:thumbup:

Spottswoode

Reaction score
I see Micah & McDonald as the defensive version of Pollard & Gibbs from a creativity standpoint. It’s not as sexy but I think Quinn would have a field day. I think Quinn would go nuts with Sanders as well.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Pick

Dallas Cowboys

Jahmyr Gibbs
Alabama · RB · Junior
The Cowboys have an incredibly strong track record when it comes to recent first-round picks: WR CeeDee Lamb and LB Micah Parsons have both made the past two Pro Bowls, while OL Tyler Smith showed plenty of promise in Year 1. After the release of former No. 4 overall pick Ezekiel Elliott, Dallas has room for another back. With Bijan Robinson off the board, Jerry Jones and Co. scoop up the explosive Gibbs.

https://www.nfl.com/news/peter-schr...1-0-texans-trade-out-of-no-2-two-rbs-picked-i

He is basically Pollard. I would be very much against this pick. Even though I like the player.