Twitter: Peters and WR Michael Gallup both have a chance to play next Monday

817Gill

Reaction score
Peters Smith Biadasz Martin Steele

I hate even including that last name but this is what we need to go to war with. Farniok can be an uber, do it all, interior backup.
Got to admit he wasn’t a detriment on Sunday, played ok and didn’t commit a penalty.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
He is the LT of the future. He was drafted to be that. I think he has shown that he can be that. However the plan was to play guard this year. It’s really not about him faltering it’s about going back to the original plan which also allows us to put our best OL on the field. Now if peters can play center do that. But otherwise I would have him at LT and slide smith down.

I just don't see this front office viewing it that way. He was eventually going to take over for Tyron. Tyron is down, so he just had to take over earlier than planned. I don't think Peters affects that. He only would if Smith showed he wasn't ready to play LT this year, which he hasn't done.

I think the question for Peters now would be can he play guard better than Farniok or McGovern. Especially with Farniok we're kind of looking at the same situation. We've got him for a couple of years while Peters is a one-year rental, so if Farniok is doing OK starting at left guard, the front office will see the team as being better off with him growing into it now. Peters is the insurance plan.

I absolutely hope I'm wrong, though, because a Peters-Smith combination right now is better than a Smith-Farniok combo IMO.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Peters Smith Biadasz Martin Steele

I hate even including that last name but this is what we need to go to war with. Farniok can be an uber, do it all, interior backup.
Yea you wanted that beast lael Collins. We know, we know

boysfanperiod

Reaction score
I don't like rushing players. That just ends up badly.

Like Dak can come back when he can grip the ball. That's crazy. Bones take time to heal especially when he had to have surgery. That's just crazy.

plasticman

Reaction score
Gallup is a no, they just want to string that along to keep themselves in the headlines

peters is a maybe
I can't disagree. The Jones's have proven they won't hesitate to use deception on Cowboys fans to sell a few more tickets.

plasticman

Reaction score
If Peters plays this week, let's say he replaces Farniok at LG, what do you do next week if McGovern comes back healthy?

I guess we have to see what Peters has left.
I don't know but it's a really good problem to have.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Great news.

Gallup should be able to start a few plays, carefully allowing him to get used to the game after coming off an acl tear.

Peters should be held back as a swing Tackle...or if needed to plug in elsewhere. For now, Coach Joe Philbin finally has got it right with his current starting 5 Olinemen, and he needs to keep them together so they keep gelling and get better by the week.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
If Peters plays this week, let's say he replaces Farniok at LG, what do you do next week if McGovern comes back healthy?

I guess we have to see what Peters has left.

PFF rated Peters 77.5 for his 15 starts last year. The only question I have about Peters' play is because he came so cheap.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
The Cowboys may have hit on a dude who can play LT at a high level for them the next decade. You want to move him inside?

Depends a lot on their expectations and plans for Tyron. If Tyron is seen as done, keep Tyler at LT. If they expect him back, and plan on keeping him next year, play Tyler at LG.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
At first I thought it would suck to move Tyler to guard after the first two games but left guard is big red flag. Tyler has proven he is a solid tackle, let’s see if he can be an elite guard. I just want to see Pollard running behind Peters/Tyler. Scary!!!!:omg:

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Smith ain’t going anywhere. LG is Peters only chance to play, if they even put him in.

But this is the same Coaching Staff that loves to screw up our offensive line chemistry and rhythm so who knows.