Petitti is the swing guy

true_north

Reaction score
AmishCowboy said:
Fabini makes the Roster and will be deactived every week.

He will be an insurance policy against someone going down with an injury at the tackle position.

That is a reasonable cost to pay in view of the price we paid last year when Fozell went down.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
bobtheflob said:
I just really don't see us keeping 5 tackles. It would make more sense to have 4 and use that roster spot on another linebacker or defensive lineman. With the ammount of rotating Parcells does on defense, backups on that side of the ball have more of an impact than on offense.

Yeah, just look at Gallery. That guy was supposed to be the most sure thing of that draft, but I don't think he's much better than Pettiti if at all.

It is one tough position to play. You face each teams best pass rusher every week and many of these guys know every trick in the book on how to beat a tackle even the vets let a lone a poor ol rookie.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Awakened said:
I bet somebody will snag him if we cut him.

maybe maybe not.

you've got to ask though -- can Petitti or McQ be as good as Fabini by say, week 6? If so, you can let him go.

Duane

Reaction score
Like I posted this morning:

Well we all saw how Rob struggled last year. It was his first year as a pro, he had injury concerns and was switching sides from LT in college to RT for the Cowboys.

IMO Parcells isn't giving up on Rob in the least. He's giving him a chance to get better and learn while someone else starts this year. There are much worse things in life than being a swing tackle for a year or two until you solidify your skills.

burmafrd

Reaction score
With the need for a 2nd kicker, and looking at maybe keeping 6 WRs, then Fabini is a luxury that we cannot afford. We will not keep 5 tackles. REMEMBER- Kosier can play tackle in a pinch, and since Proctor seems to be improving, and Gurode is already a good guard, then there is your 5th if for some insane reason you need one.