Peyton Manning can't win the big game.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Rezz said:
One of the above posters mentioned it...there are plenty of "top-notch" QBs that haven't won it....but I think because Peyton is so stellar during the season that it becomes more noticeable when he doesn't win in the playoffs. I really think the perception is as simple as that.

His biggest mistake is getting owned by superior team in Pats and a far more dominant Conference. Colts are an NFC team he'd have some big wins on his mantle.

Colts D has been very poor in his years there as well.

jem88

Reaction score
Manning is an incredible quarterback and a lot of his success comes from reading and outsmarting defences (the numerous audibles, etc.) However, the one guy he isn't going to outsmart is Bellichick (maybe Crennel should be mentioned as well.) That's why Bellichick is the greatest coach of the last decade- he's smarter than everyone else.

diehard2294

America's Team
Reaction score
I will say that the colts are getting tagged as a team that cant play in bad weather.

Novacek84

Reaction score
diehard2231 said:
I will say that the colts are getting tagged as a team that cant play in bad weather.
I'd like to agree with you but they played an OT Sunday night game in Denver 2 or 3 years ago in a driving snowstorm and they won the game. I'd say this performance today was more about not taking advantage of the NE weakness in the secondary bad weather or not. I can't figure out why any team that faces NE doesn't throw at Troy Brown every play. He's a WR not a CB, eventually you will make some plays on him.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Novacek84 said:
Maybe if his offensive coordinator & coach called for some passes farther down the field he might have had a chance. I don't care if it was snowing, with the secondary NE is running out there you have to throw the ball deeper downfield and outside the numbers and at least make them make a play. Dinking and dunking in the middle of the field plays right into NE's hands. That's what they wanted Manning to do. Dungy is another one who is too conservative when he plays on the road. (Herm Edwards coached under him at Tampa Bay, FYI) Terrible play calling. That said, I agree that this was a put up or shut up game for Manning and he didn't get it done at all today. I don't wanna here any more about the great Manning until he wins at least an AFC title. At least Marino had the excuse all those years that he had no weapons except for the "Marks Bros." Manning doesn't have that excuse.

They are so good at dropping LB's into coverage, then rushing them later.They moved safeties into corner coverage. Entire plan was to abuse Indy receivers "if" they caught the ball. It worked. In spots Pats were using 2 Dline fronts and a few No lineman looks.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Novacek84 said:
I'd like to agree with you but they played an OT Sunday night game in Denver 2 or 3 years ago in a driving snowstorm and they won the game. I'd say this performance today was more about not taking advantage of the NE weakness in the secondary bad weather or not. I can't figure out why any team that faces NE doesn't throw at Troy Brown every play. He's a WR not a CB, eventually you will make some plays on him.

He made several outstanding stops. They did get Stokely to beat him a few times, but it was under crossing patterns that made little to no yards. Brown is a very good cornerback - I've watched him all season. Indy should have vertically stretched field more.

Merlin

Reaction score
Dale said:
I don't recall his bowl record, but his inability to beat Florida (Tennessee's biggest game every year) had more to do with that label IMO.

Yep, you are right. Couldnt remember what the reason was to be honest with you, just knew there was a reason. ;)

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
Cbz40 said:
It's very difficult to win when...................7 min left in the 4th and you have had only two possesions in the 2nd half. ;)

It's also difficult to win when you keep running into the best team of the 00's in the Playoffs. :D Those 49ers and Packers teams in the early 90's were pretty darn good but the Cowboys were just better. :cool: