Peyton Manning Sucks

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
Obviously he must, since his team was 13-3 and had the Home game today. He lost by 4 points against a team coached by a guy who many on here said sucked as well.

He threw two interceptions.

Based on what some of the idiots on here are saying and if they apply the same standard, the Colts should blow up their team as well and get rid of Manning because after all, he sucks!

gbrittain

Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;1900797 said:
Obviously he must, since his team was 13-3 and had the Home game today. He lost by 4 points against a team coached by a guy who many on here said sucked as well.

Based on what some of the idiots on here are saying and if they apply the same standard, the Colts should blow up their team as well and get rid of Manning because after all, he sucks!

I see the analolgy you are making and get it because there is some truth there, but in fairness the Colts have some hardware unlike Dallas.

utrunner07

Reaction score
Apples and Oranges, CajunCowboy, I know what your trying to say but really its apples and oranges...

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
gbrittain;1900811 said:
I see the analolgy you are making and get it because there is some truth there, but in fairness the Colts have some hardware unlike Dallas.

Huh? What do you mean? They have 2 Trophies and one of them goes way back.

The one they won last year was fine and all but this is a what have you done for me lately league. According to some of the posters, what you did in the past no matter how recent it was doesn't matter. The 13-3 record. The records set this year. The brand new coaching staff getting the #1 seed in the playoffs.

None of that matters. They need to blow up the Colts because Manning sucks.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;1900797 said:

You are dead on. Manning lost his first three postseason games. Those that want to send Romo to the gallows don't realize that.

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
utrunner07;1900823 said:
Apples and Oranges, CajunCowboy, I know what your trying to say but really its apples and oranges...

No it's not. Manning did nothing this year. According to these guys. Why doesn't the same standard apply? Remember until last year Manning won NOTHING. But yet he was a great QB. Did you hear Colts fans calling for his head? No. Why, because he was a great QB. IS Romo in that class? No, not yet, but he's not far behind. And remember, if Crayton holds on to one pass, or finishes one route, it's a different story.

These guys need to be consistent.

The Panch

Reaction score
One thing you overlook, Peyton still gets criticism. He became the first QB to win a SB throwing more picks than TD's in the post season last year. The defense and running game somewhat "carried" Peyton last year. Granted he made plays, but he made a lot of mistakes.

And regardless of how you look at it...

Peyton manning=SB ring

Tony Romo=0-2 in the playoffs

sweetness0986

Reaction score
I see your point, but I think it would hold more worth if Manning hasn't already proved himself. Romo is in that area right now where people are ready to crown him the second coming, but he has to go that one extra step to prove he can carry this team to a victory in the post-season.

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
ThreeSportStar80;1900838 said:
Umm this is stupid... Manning actually won last year.

Last year. Manning was a #1 overall draft pick. Romo was undrafted.
It took Manning 8 years to win a Super Bowl. Romo is in his first year as a starter.

So what is stupid. The fact that we can't apply the same standard or that some are calling for Romo's head?

rangers71

Reaction score
So obviously the answer is to cut Romo and go back to the drawing board? This board is full of numnuts.

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
sweetness0986;1900885 said:
I see your point, but I think it would hold more worth if Manning hasn't already proved himself. Romo is in that area right now where people are ready to crown him the second coming, but he has to go that one extra step to prove he can carry this team to a victory in the post-season.

I think he did a fine job today and did what it took to win as the QB. The problem was one guy at the WR spot.

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
rangers71;1900907 said:
So obviously the answer is to cut Romo and go back to the drawing board? This board is full of numnuts.

I was hoping the sarcasm would have come through.

rangers71

Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;1900914 said:
I was hoping the sarcasm would have come through.

Not talking to you. I am talking to the idiots. You are dead on.

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
rangers71;1900937 said:
Not talking to you. I am talking to the idiots. You are dead on.

Gotcha, My bad. A little gun shy after hearing all of the crap that is coming from the peanut gallery.

kingwhicker

BCRSA
Reaction score
Last year looks like an aberration to me. That team, that coach and that QB are chokers of the highest order. If Rex Grossman hadn't sucked so bad, they would've found a way to choke that game too. Two of the past three years they lost thier first playoff game to an inferior team.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Too bad Peyton Manning has a Super Bowl ring, his team wasn't the #1 Seed and is a future Hall of Famer.

He also went up against a team that featured 8 Pro Bowlers, even though 2 key ones got injured.

Just because Peyton Manning lost doesn't excuse the Dallas Cowboys from losing.

Which begs to question, when exactly did the Dallas Cowboys fans standards start getting so low?

sweetness0986

Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;1900909 said:
I think he did a fine job today and did what it took to win as the QB. The problem was one guy at the WR spot.
He did ok. Definitely not his best performance, but I wouldn't put the loss on him. I do think he has some things to work on in the off-season.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
mickgreen58;1900972 said:
Too bad Peyton Manning has a Super Bowl ring, his team wasn't the #1 Seed and is a future Hall of Famer.

He also went up against a team that featured 8 Pro Bowlers, even though 2 key ones got injured.

Just because Peyton Manning lost doesn't excuse the Dallas Cowboys from losing.

Which begs to question, when exactly did the Dallas Cowboys fans standards start getting so low?
His post had more to do with the yokels that are saying Romo is a choke artist than anything else.