PFF: Clowney wants to go to Eagles or Seahawks

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Really good on paper (2x NFL top 100, 3x pro bowl, freak athlete, former #1 pick, only 26 years old) but not elite. Arguably not worth the long term contract money considering he played on a very defense focused team and has issues with effort/injuries.

He plays the 2nd most valuable position in football and like I said earlier has amazing on paper stats but most smart franchises will probably pass on giving him a big 70+ million dollar deal. He's definitely worth good money don't get me wrong he's a great player
Ha ha! "Amazing on paper stats...".
I would like to see these amazing stats!

jblaze2004

Reaction score
i would hate to see him in a eagle uni. They already super deep on the dline.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Eagles huh... but they want a stud tackle? We're not trading them Lane Johnson or our 1st round pick stud (Dillard), and they wouldn't take Jason Peters because he's too old... so what would they want seriously? A back? Okay I'll give them Jordan Howard.
Take your goofy a somewhere

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
Eagles ?

Why does he want to go to that dumpster ?!

Yes, they got lucky winning the SB that one time, ... Not gonna happen again .

Rayman70

Reaction score
IGGLES have spent most of their trade ammo.. Seattle makes more since, but not sure he would fit that scheme. I think a trade to Washington straight up for Trent Williams would make a ton of sense. The Texans have a trash oline. Williams makes them much better now. Clowney in DC gives them depth.

Rayman70

Reaction score
trade him to DC for Trent Williams...if they don't do that, Watson wont last the year.

Wood

Reaction score
What has his career been like?

still elite when he wants to be. Him to Philly is bit concerning especially if Wentz has healthy year. This is why I would let Dallas big 3 play out season before handing out big money because this might be humbling year.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
IGGLES have spent most of their trade ammo.. Seattle makes more since, but not sure he would fit that scheme. I think a trade to Washington straight up for Trent Williams would make a ton of sense. The Texans have a trash oline. Williams makes them much better now. Clowney in DC gives them depth.

Did you see the huge contract nick Foles signed? That’s a 3rd round compensation.

Did you see the giants gave Golden Tate 10m a year? That’s definitely a 4th.

If Michael Bennett starts for NE, which he will, we get a 5th.

We got picks, we got ammo.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Did you see the huge contract nick Foles signed? That’s a 3rd round compensation.

Did you see the giants gave Golden Tate 10m a year? That’s definitely a 4th.

If Michael Bennett starts for NE, which he will, we get a 5th.

We got picks, we got ammo.
we don't need him. We are stacked. I thought Bennett retired?

Rayman70

Reaction score
No, we traded him to NE. He’s got some years left
hmm..I knew he was in NE last year, but thought he retired,but ok. Williams in Houston makes a ton of sense if u saw what the Texans oline looks like. Clowney to DC makes more sense.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
hmm..I knew he was in NE last year, but thought he retired,but ok. Williams in Houston makes a ton of sense if u saw what the Texans oline looks like. Clowney to DC makes more sense.

We as in Eagles, Bennett as in Michael the DE brother, not your Martellus who retired... 2016?

Lutonio

Reaction score

Agreed, Commanders for Williams is just too perfect. But I guess he wants a feasible contender.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Agreed, Commanders for Williams is just too perfect. But I guess he wants a feasible contender.

If you’ve been following the Commanders, they have massive assets in their 3-4 OLBers and DEs. He’s not a fit there.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
I hope they trade for Clowney. He will cost them big money. Besides, Clowney is overrated. He hasn't been healthy most of the time and he doesn't seem like someone who wants to play football.