PFF: Dez has seen a reduction in catchable targets

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
It would help if they defined what "catchable" is. I believe their definition is the number of receptions + number of drops. I think they consider anything else as not catchable.

blindzebra

Reaction score
It would help if they defined what "catchable" is. I believe their definition is the number of receptions + number of drops. I think they consider anything else as not catchable.
Also does not take into account receivers running the wrong route, or the wrong depth on a route, or reading the coverage differently on an option route which leads to uncatchable balls.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Also does not take into account receivers running the wrong route, or the wrong depth on a route, or reading the coverage differently on an option route which leads to uncatchable balls.
And this is why people scoff at PFF. You should be ashamed of yourself @LocimusPrime !

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score

Given that you nor anyone outside of the Cowboys organization knows those specifics your take here is non-unique to everyone and meaningless because of it. Your attempt at innuendo is noted though.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Fresh spin.

If you look hard enough you can always find something to help your argument.

"Lies, Damn Lies, and Statistics." - Mark Twain

These stats are all fine but they do not factor Dez's ability to actually get open, run the proper route, and run it with speed / precision. There is also the offensive play calling issue. That said when you watch the games Dez just doesn't get open. Throughout his career top corners have shut him down.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score

I am thinking more in terms of things like jump balls that made Dez great. Him catching it makes it "catchable" but the defender winning that battle would make it "uncatchable" when we know Dez has the ability to catch those balls, he just didn't that time. Not all passes that aren't "catchable" weren't actually "uncatchable".

AmericanCowboy

Reaction score
And Dez did nothing even remotely above average with the catchable targets except for one nice play in Arizona and one nice catch in Oakland.

PUSHfold

Reaction score
Still lead the NFL in drops on the 60% of "catchable" balls he had.
These statistics don't mean squat.