PFF Grade for Guyton is 80.7

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score

Cowboys T Tyler Guyton

Dallas’ first-round pick played 21 snaps at left tackle in his first action in the NFL, earning an 80.7 PFF overall grade in the process. He didn’t allow any pressures from 13 pass-blocking snaps and produced a 78.6 PFF run-blocking grade across eight such snaps.

RS12

Reaction score
It's funny all this talk about our 3rd string qb when we should be jumping for joy about Tyler Guyton and the rest of our draft.
Its a nice start but I will jump for joy after we see him against likely future HOFer Garrett in the Browns game. So far Duke has done a nice job with him.

Mikexike

Reaction score
He looked good the times he played, only bright spot on the Oline. the interior was getting man handled by them rams.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
He looked good the times he played, only bright spot on the Oline. the interior was getting man handled by them rams.
I just mentioned it in another thread too, but I really wonder if the lack of a willingness to run the ball yesterday (44 passes to 17 designed runs) hurt the Oline? That's not balanced at all and really let the Rams DL be aggressive in getting to the QB.

FVSTONE

Reaction score

Cowboys T Tyler Guyton

Dallas’ first-round pick played 21 snaps at left tackle in his first action in the NFL, earning an 80.7 PFF overall grade in the process. He didn’t allow any pressures from 13 pass-blocking snaps and produced a 78.6 PFF run-blocking grade across eight such snaps.
What game was the ratings people watching???????????? The whole offensive line was getting beatdown ALL GAME LONG! The O-Line made the Rams front four look like the Fearson Foursome of the 60's and 70's! They were flat out horrible, Lance had NO time in the pocket which affected his play.

rambo2

Reaction score
What game was the ratings people watching???????????? The whole offensive line was getting beatdown ALL GAME LONG! The O-Line made the Rams front four look like the Fearson Foursome of the 60's and 70's! They were flat out horrible, Lance had NO time in the pocket which affected his play.
What were you watching? Guyton was very good.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
It's funny all this talk about our 3rd string qb when we should be jumping for joy about Tyler Guyton and the rest of our draft.
QBs always get all the love and hate. However, I'm sure if Guyton didn't have a good start the glass half empty types would have a few threads going already.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
What were you watching? Guyton was very good.
I saw a Ram's defensive line that abused our offensive line. I know that our line consisted of non-starters, but that's what the Ram's line consisted of too. Lance was under pressure most of the game.

_sturt_

Reaction score
His scouting report said we should expect him to hold up in pass pro... his weaknesses at Oklahoma were all running game related.

Just fyi.

So, just one game, but certainly something to feel good about.

Dhragon

Deadly Claws of Death
Reaction score
I saw a Ram's defensive line that abused our offensive line. I know that our line consisted of non-starters, but that's what the Ram's line consisted of too. Lance was under pressure most of the game.
One O-line player, no matter how great, can make the rest of the line good as well. Put prime Larry Allen in there with what we had in that game and the QB would still be getting pressured relentlessly. Praising Guyton does not equal praising the O- line as a whole

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
People are upset (reasonably so imo) that the pick used on Trey Lance should have been our starting RB.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Dealing with Myles Garrett in his first real game is a load for anyone
I hope the staff have contingencies in place to help him out
Still this was a good start
I would expect a ton of 2TE sets week 1. If we have another Chaz Green situation where the coaches simply refuse to help the guy that isn't on the player. There are going to be a few plays where Guyton has to win that matchup 1v1 to put pressure on the Cleveland secondary, but if he doesn't get consistent help that's a massive fail.