PFF Grade for Guyton is 80.7

Jarntt

Reaction score
What game was the ratings people watching???????????? The whole offensive line was getting beatdown ALL GAME LONG! The O-Line made the Rams front four look like the Fearson Foursome of the 60's and 70's! They were flat out horrible, Lance had NO time in the pocket which affected his play.
Perhaps your problem here is that for some reason you think Guyton was in all game?

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Its a nice start but I will jump for joy after we see him against likely future HOFer Garrett in the Browns game. So far Duke has done a nice job with him.
He has no shot against Myles Garrett. That's a day off for that monster.

I could see Jedrick Wills completely erasing Micah though.

rambo2

Reaction score
What game was the ratings people watching???????????? The whole offensive line was getting beatdown ALL GAME LONG! The O-Line made the Rams front four look like the Fearson Foursome of the 60's and 70's! They were flat out horrible, Lance had NO time in the pocket which affected his play.
Take a look at the video above.

IAmLegend

Reaction score
As a Longhorns fan, it almost pains me to say it, but Guyton looked really good against the Rams. He has all the physical tools in the world with his freakish size, extremely long arms, big hands, and athleticism. That was never a question. It was really whether or not he could clean up his technique, leverage, and use of his hands to not let defenders engage him at his body. Granted it was a smaller sample size, but you can already tell he's improved considerably since the Combine 3 months ago. He's likely going to get better with time/reps as well.

Absolutely hated this dude in college, mostly cause he was a huge trash-talker at OU and always gave Texas problems lol, but he's clearly a very good/talented football player and I have a feeling he's going to be our future LT for a long time tbh.

Pola_pe_a

Reaction score
Guyton has all the tools to be very good he’s just raw with his technique. Looking at the clip above you can see he trusts his athleticism. Lots of rookies want to pass set with too much depth and then they have a tendency to open up too much which gives the DE a short edge. He gets depth but stays flat. He also does a nice job sinking his hips without a lot of waist bend before he makes contact in the run game which is how you get leverage.
The one thing I saw on an early pass set was too much waist bend. Didn’t hurt him on that rep and he didn’t keep doing it.

DuncanIso

Reaction score

Cowboys T Tyler Guyton

Dallas’ first-round pick played 21 snaps at left tackle in his first action in the NFL, earning an 80.7 PFF overall grade in the process. He didn’t allow any pressures from 13 pass-blocking snaps and produced a 78.6 PFF run-blocking grade across eight such snaps.
He needs more reps.

But now we can see why Dallas likes the kid.

He’s a beast.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
As a Longhorns fan, it almost pains me to say it, but Guyton looked really good against the Rams. He has all the physical tools in the world with his freakish size, extremely long arms, big hands, and athleticism. That was never a question. It was really whether or not he could clean up his technique, leverage, and use of his hands to not let defenders engage him at his body. Granted it was a smaller sample size, but you can already tell he's improved considerably since the Combine 3 months ago. He's likely going to get better with time/reps as well.

Absolutely hated this dude in college, mostly cause he was a huge trash-talker at OU and always gave Texas problems lol, but he's clearly a very good/talented football player and I have a feeling he's going to be our future LT for a long time tbh.

Good stuff.