Ty Craw- 51.6 (99th)
Gallimore- 51.6 (99th)

LB: Joe Thomas- 46.5 (67th)
Vander Esch- 56.1 (40th)
Jaylon- 59.0 (36th)
Bernard- 67.1 not enough snaps to rank
Gifford- 58.6 not enough snaps to rank
Snake- 34.4 not enough snaps to rank

I just can't figure out why we are so poor against the run.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
McCoy is a FA because they voided his deal due to an injury clause. Not sure if they'll resign him or not but perhaps if he's cheap.

CB, S, DT have to be the top 3 priorities and you probably have to address all 3 BEFORE the draft in some sense.
Maybe that just means resigning guys so you have a warm body but you can't enter the draft with the guys currently on the roster for 2021 at those positions.

Offball LB, I think you have have 1 spot here. You'd like it to be a good player more akin to a young Sean Lee than this version. When Jaylon is LB2 and can rest some snaps he's actually pretty good. LVE needs to stay on the field but he has some great flashes. But you really need to elevate that group when Jaylon needs to play 98% of all defensive snaps and LVE misses half a season.

OL: It's tough here because you do have some depth and a lot depends on what the medicals say on Tyron and La'el.
If both guys are expected back 100% healthy by mid off-season I might not touch OL at all... unless a great value fell at OT. \
I really like my young interior OL.

FA: This is one is so hard because it matters so much happens with Dak. You'd like the two sides to agree to an extension day 1 that allows about 25M towards free agency.
Dallas could take that money then go get like 5 vets and re-make this defense in the DC's vision.
I'd love a solid vet DT but FA isn't chock full of them. So perhaps Dallas re-signs Gerald McCoy to same deal as last year. 2 years, 7M with injury guarantee.
Target Davlin Tomlinson. Push the Giants to pay him or lose him. I'd go 5 years 55M here. But my guess is no dice.
IF I splurge I do so at DT because the draft offers limited hope. So few DTs that they'll likely be overdrafted by a lot.
Safety: So tough here because XWoods is basically what Dallas can hope for here. He's about a 5-6M a year guy and he is a low level starter. Ughh. I think they bring him back.
But I'd like Justin Simmons or Marcus Maye. I just can't see Dallas reaching deep down in the cushions for 10M+ AAV at safety.
you can get a safety in round 2 or 3 of this draft imho.
CB: I think Dallas resigns 1 CB. Chido or JLew. Chido is better but JLew should be cheaper. If Dallas is locked in on CB high in draft I'd bet JLew on a 4m AAV type deal.

Mock FA:
G McCoy DT
AWoods DT
XWoods S
JLew slot CB

Resigning your own doesn't cost you comp picks. Dallas has to decide if they care about that for this next off-season or not. They usually do so I factored it in BUT I'd be voting to not care and especially if I got Dak done early.

Mock Draft: PFN board + com picks from OTC
R1: trade down w NE Pats 16+47 for 5 and 72
Mid R1 CB Caleb Farley (assuming Surtain is off board)
R2 S Jevon Holland
R2 LB Nick Bolton
R3 OT Teven Jenkins
R4 DT Jordan Davis
R4 RB Kylin Hill MissSt
R5 DT Dante Stills
R6 Edge Thomas Booker
R7 LB Jack Sanborn
R7 QB Carson Strong Nevada
I like Farley better than Surtain

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I like Farley better than Surtain
Def more upside there but Farley is far more raw and sat out a year.
Surtain is well ahead day 1 and already played with Trevon Diggs.
They'd make a quite solid duo.

BUT I like Farley enough to trade down and take my chances if both are there.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
You're a smart man.
Def more upside there but Farley is far more raw and sat out a year.
Surtain is well ahead day 1 and already played with Trevon Diggs.
They'd make a quite solid duo.

BUT I like Farley enough to trade down and take my chances if both are there.
Surtain is who he is right now. Farley balled last year i take him over surtain and it aint close