PFF Grades & Rankings After Week 5

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
When they rated Doug Free higher than Tyron Smith back around Tyron's peak years...

If I rate strippers on a scale of 1 to 10, is that a stat...

When they rate WRs it is based on drawing an imaginary circle with the center of the circle at the center of the number on the front of the Jersey and they consider all passes within that circle as catchable regardless of all other circumstances.

If you listened instead of trying to defend some argument, you might learn something.

Think we've played some of this game before. Feels familiar. In no year was Free rated higher than Tyron.

In Tyron's peak years, he was rated 87+. Free was never rated more than 83.7 (2010). Free wasn't a bum. Once upon a time, he was our Next Big Thing, destined for Pro Bowls. But sadly, no.

If you rated every thirty seconds of stripper shows every Sunday as part of a company that rated 2000 strippers in that manner, then yeah, sounds like some stats. The time series analysis would be real interesting.

I listen to a lot of things. Sometimes learn something. Object to bad analysis. If you listened more than playing ad hominem, you might learn something.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Think we've played some of this game before. Feels familiar. In no year was Free rated higher than Tyron.

In Tyron's peak years, he was rated 87+. Free was never rated more than 83.7 (2010). Free wasn't a bum. Once upon a time, he was our Next Big Thing, destined for Pro Bowls. But sadly, no.

If you rated every thirty seconds of stripper shows every Sunday as part of a company that rated 2000 strippers in that manner, then yeah, sounds like some stats. The time series analysis would be real interesting.

I listen to a lot of things. Sometimes learn something. Object to bad analysis. If you listened more than playing ad hominem, you might learn something.
It was in season ratings not full season ratings.

I reviewed all snaps ever played by both players.

At no point in the history of ever was Free better than Tyron for even a quarter of a game.

It is comical that people buy in to PFF player rankings, especially in season rankings.

They ***** for final season rankings because they don't want to show a history of giving bad grades to players that made All Pro...

People try to use PFF like the wimpy kid that tells another kid "My Dad can beat up your Dad".

There really is a sucker born every minute.

Just watch the F(reak)ing game footage and develop an informed opinion and quit trying to hide behind the morons at PFF.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
This is what is problematic about PFF. Hill is graded poorly because he had a ton of almost tackles. Plays where he missed and got counted as a missed tackle. He didn't make the tackle but he screwed the play up so that a LB or DE could come in and finish. That's really his job in this scheme. Screw up the play so the LB can flow to the tackle.
I would say his grade is more so effected by his bad gap discipline and him getting moved so easily out of plays. Yes he will make a play you describe once in a while but what i described happens almost every play

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
PFF grades are meaningless.

For example, there no possibility that Poe has been better than Hill for anyone that reviews game footage.

Worley is not remotely close to being as good of a player as Diggs. A majority of big plays allowed by Diggs were fails by the Safeties. If a CB plays outside leverage then a Safety has to provide deep inside help. Multiple times Diggs has played outside leverage and there was no deep inside help. Leverage is part of the play call.

DLaw has not been better for the season than Aldon Smith and they don't really the same position within the scheme.

Bell has not been better than Schultz.

An NBA player that never comes off the bench is a 100% free throw shooter.

Ben Dinucci has a 100% completion rate.
Dog you come in here every week saying the same thing lol. Poe does his job and his job is to eat uo blocks. He is doubled a majority of the time. I wish he would hold up better. But hill has had terrible gap discipline and gets blown off the ball constantly

AbeBeta

Reaction score
I would say his grade is more so effected by his bad gap discipline and him getting moved so easily out of plays. Yes he will make a play you describe once in a while but what i described happens almost every play

And I would say you are dead wrong.

Look at the snap counts. He consistently got more each week. That says the coaches liked what they saw on film.

INCowboysFan

Reaction score
PFF grades are meaningless.

For example, there no possibility that Poe has been better than Hill for anyone that reviews game footage.

Worley is not remotely close to being as good of a player as Diggs. A majority of big plays allowed by Diggs were fails by the Safeties. If a CB plays outside leverage then a Safety has to provide deep inside help. Multiple times Diggs has played outside leverage and there was no deep inside help. Leverage is part of the play call.

DLaw has not been better for the season than Aldon Smith and they don't really the same position within the scheme.

Bell has not been better than Schultz.

An NBA player that never comes off the bench is a 100% free throw shooter.

Ben Dinucci has a 100% completion rate.
0/0 does not equal 100%

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Dog you come in here every week saying the same thing lol. Poe does his job and his job is to eat up blocks. He is doubled a majority of the time. I wish he would hold up better. But hill has had terrible gap discipline and gets blown off the ball constantly
But you don't understand.

Jerry and Stephen like Trysten Hill. So much so, that they ignored half the room and overdrafted him.

The Jones like him and said he's legit, therefore @xwalker and countless other apologists know he must be good.

If someone "watches and reviews" each play and comes away saying Trysten Hill has played well up to this point, their system is null and void. They are watching with their heart, heir hopes, and serious Fan Boy delusions. The kid cannot play.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
And I would say you are dead wrong.

Look at the snap counts. He consistently got more each week. That says the coaches liked what they saw on film.
I mean is it worth putting him out there or ty craw for the same production? You play the young guy and hope he can develop.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score

Jerry and Stephen like Trysten Hill. So much so, that they ignored half the room and overdrafted him.

The Jones like him and said he's legit, therefore @xwalker and countless other apologists know he must be good.

If someone "watches and reviews" each play and comes away saying Trysten Hill has played well up to this point, their system is null and void. They are watching with their heart, heir hopes, and serious Fan Boy delusions. The kid cannot play.
facts.

kumizi

Reaction score
another thread shitted up by the resident idiot xwalker

he watches film guys

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Anybody or any conpany that says Dontari Poe has been better than anybody is a moron or group of morons...

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dog you come in here every week saying the same thing lol. Poe does his job and his job is to eat uo blocks. He is doubled a majority of the time. I wish he would hold up better. But hill has had terrible gap discipline and gets blown off the ball constantly
I don't think you review the games.

If you call it getting blown of the ball for Hill then Crawford is getting buried under the stadium.

@stasheroo should like that reference...

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score

Yeah XWalker has been called out on this multiple times.

I really have no idea why he brings this up once a week. It's weird.

Creeper

Reaction score
No one should be surprised our DTs are the worst in the league and no one should be surprised that the safeties next to Woods are the worst in the league. We knew this going into the season. This is a monumental fail by the front office.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Anybody or any conpany that says Dontari Poe has been better than anybody is a moron or group of morons...
Both players are awful.

Poe is done. Washed up version of what he was.

Hill is a never was.

Hill has just played that bad and and people don't want to face the music on their affection and/or hopes towards him.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
I mean is it worth putting him out there or ty craw for the same production? You play the young guy and hope he can develop.

Crawford is a solid technical player who always carries out his assignments. He's on this team because every d coordinator knows he's gonna do his job and be in position

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
I don't think you review the games.

If you call it getting blown of the ball for Hill then Crawford is getting buried under the stadium.

@stasheroo should like that reference...
Ty Craw has been buried under the stadium for years. I think he lives there tbh. lol