PFF Grades - Week 4

blueblood70

Reaction score
Bargain bin FA shopping at it's best.
Oh OK so we're having a conversation about how the PFF grades are off that they're never really that accurate but whenever they fit in there because you don't like a player then they're accurate right then you use that to bolster your negative outlook on a player I find that ironic and i also find it very hypocritical.. lmao

it's like people picking on Micah Parsons right now and overall PFF on another great Ted Parsons was our best defender in that game in New York but everyone says he's not the same player only because I don't like him so when they can find a way to take a jab they take a jab and they'll use these inaccurate grades to support them but whenever the inaccurate grades say it's a Prescott hater and they give him a 90 they'll say it's not right there's no way that's right it's inaccurate it's too high...lmao umm ok

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Nobody who watch the game thought Zeke had a bette game Dowdle
Sample size matters with PFFs scoring system as its really a reflection of consistency more so than direct impact on a specific game. Zeke only had 10 snaps Thursday so a couple of +2 plays on thier scoring system would basically lock in an excellent grade. On the year Dowdle is a 71, Zeke a 64 which sound about accurate in comparison to each other.

How in the heck was Beebe the lowest graded player when he didn’t allow a single pressure all night against Dexter Lawrence
PFF doesnt factor in level of competition at all, plus Beebe graded out pretty solid in pass protection, it was run blocking that destroyed his grade. The Cowboys only ran for 18 yards running between the Gs on Thursday, 14 of those yards came after first contract by a defender. Not sure if it was an issue this week or not, but Beebe has struggled on those 2nd level blocks often as well.

Rayman70

Reaction score
HE WAS NOT TRASH. He had a few trash moments, Yes, some bad plays penaltys some were ticky tack but in between he is holding his own.. steeles been worse IMHO tryig to Protect both tackles is tough.. Chaz green =Trash please choose your words better, seriously he's played some top pass rushers and they aren't going over him every snap, if he were trash they would live over there, they are headed over to STEELE a lot..

rookie LT in this league one of the hardest transitions and IMHO hes doing well. b- given the level of some of these DL weve seen so far.. they only gave up 1 sack now i know Dak can move and cover it up and the penalty's count as sack adjacent but really not TRASH!! Jeez man BEEBE been great but hes not on an Island shuffling players around inthe middle is easier than that speed rush by top PRs

Edogas worse, Chaz is the definition and rule of thumb to measure Trash.
whoa buddy. Hold your horses. You assume way too much. I am well versed in the differences between a dumpster fire in Chazzy Green and Guyton. I am a big fan of Guyton and know he will have rough games, AND HE DID. It won't be his last. That said, its ok to be critical when its legit. He legit had rough game, BUT I never said thats all he will ever become. Chill and lower your anger. Guyton was holding on for dear life against the Giants. He must get that fixed, and he will. We are all adults here. Steelers will attack him, trust that. I might be more worried how Steele will handle Watt than how Guyton will do next week. I am worried about both our tackles. We cannot ignore that.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Too busy at work to do this yesterday

OFFENSE
Dak Prescott - 83.0 (56 snaps)
CeeDee Lamb - 79.6 (47 snaps)
Ezekiel Elliott - 79.5 (10 snaps)
Tyler Smith - 77.4 (56 snaps)
Terence Steele - 72.5 (56 snaps) - seems high to me, he was beaten a lot in pass protection
Rico Dowdle - 70.5 (25 snaps)
Zack Martin - 68.4 (53 snaps)
Jalen Tolbert - 63.3 (39 snaps)
Luke Schoonmaker - 62.0 (19 snaps)
Jake Ferguson - 60.2 (41 snaps)
Brandin Cooks - 56.6 (46 snaps)
Hunter Luepke - 52.4 (29 snaps) - 18.6 pass blocking grade, 37.0 run blocking grade. Moose Johnston, he's not.
Tyler Guyton - 50.4 (56 snaps) - 33.0 pass blocking grade - woof
Cooper Beebe - 42.6 (56 snaps) - 36.8 run blocking grade - yikes

DEFENSE
Mazi Smith - 88.4 (25 snaps) - 86.6 run stopping grade - performance of his career
DeMarvion Overshown - 77.7 (59 snaps)
Micah Parsons - 72.8 (56 snaps)
Osa Odighizuwa - 69.9 (52 snaps) - 30.0 tackling grade
Amani Oruwariye - 69.6 (33 snaps)
Donovan Wilson - 67.3 (68 snaps)
Marshawn Kneeland - 61.5 (35 snaps)
Malik Hooker - 60.9 (65 snaps) - 29.2 tackling grade
Jourdan Lewis - 59.7 (50 snaps) - 29.9 tackling grade
Carlos Watkins - 58.0 (10 snaps)
Eric Kendricks - 56.2 (67 snaps) - 45.6 tackling grade
Chauncey Golston - 56.1 (24 snaps)
Marist Liufau - 54.1 (26 snaps)
DeMarcus Lawrence - 52.1 (30 snaps) - 29.4 tackling grade
Trevon Diggs - 51.2 (67 snaps) - 27.7 tackling grade - woof
Linval Joseph - 49.5 (22 snaps)
Andrew Booth - 31.1 (27 snaps) - 28.3 coverage grade - great athlete, bad football player
Carl Lawson - 30.3 (22 snaps) - 24.0 tackling grade

It's safe to say that this defense is a poor tackling team.

This is why PFF are a bunch of clowns to me. They graded Cooper Beebe that low, especially in run blocking (including not giving up a single QB Pressure in pass blocking either)???

Bunch of clowns working at PFF.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
well this might be true but here's the thing IF they are using he same grading scale for all teams and players in the same way, then it's accurate... it's like if ten of us use the same scale but you know it's off by 5 lbs its still gives you an accurate assessment of the weight differentials between the 10..
Very good comparison. PFF isnt bad, but people have to use it in the proper context. Their grades for an OL may not match what the OL coach is giving them that week, but its a nice baseline tool to compare to other players around the league.

Rayman70

Reaction score
PFF ignored what Beebe did against the Giants. They lost any cred they may have had. Anyone who watched that game could see he did a great job. Even Brian Baldinger graded him out very well. I trust him much more than some guy in a cubicle at PFF.

Rayman70

Reaction score

This is why PFF are a bunch of clowns to me. They graded Cooper Beebe that low, especially in run blocking (including not giving up a single QB Pressure in pass blocking either)???

Bunch of clowns working at PFF.
THANK YOU! Voice of reason.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
You can give a group of people the exact same instructions & they will come back with a variety of results. It's just the way we are as humans. That is the problem with PFF. IF say two people worked together & graded every player in the league, then yes their results across the league would probably align more closely with the consensus of those who watched the games.

Too many people at PFF thus each person has their own subject interpretation of the grading standards & what they see on the field. Thus wildly fluctuating grades.

Rayman70

Reaction score
You can give a group of people the exact same instructions & they will come back with a variety of results. It's just the way we are as humans. That is the problem with PFF. IF say two people worked together & graded every player in the league, then yes their results across the league would probably align more closely with the consensus of those who watched the games.

Too many people at PFF thus each person has their own subject interpretation of the grading standards & what they see on the field. Thus wildly fluctuating grades.
well said 100% right on all counts. Here is this, we did something right, because the main result that mattered most was the final score. This is the only thing that matters in the end. PFF can dissect it all they want, but the result PROVES to a large degree, what kind of job was done.

kumizi

Reaction score
Wow Mazi

I really hope I have to eat crow on him. He's looked like a complete bust until this game.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Too busy at work to do this yesterday

OFFENSE
Dak Prescott - 83.0 (56 snaps)
CeeDee Lamb - 79.6 (47 snaps)
Ezekiel Elliott - 79.5 (10 snaps)
Tyler Smith - 77.4 (56 snaps)
Terence Steele - 72.5 (56 snaps) - seems high to me, he was beaten a lot in pass protection
Rico Dowdle - 70.5 (25 snaps)
Zack Martin - 68.4 (53 snaps)
Jalen Tolbert - 63.3 (39 snaps)
Luke Schoonmaker - 62.0 (19 snaps)
Jake Ferguson - 60.2 (41 snaps)
Brandin Cooks - 56.6 (46 snaps)
Hunter Luepke - 52.4 (29 snaps) - 18.6 pass blocking grade, 37.0 run blocking grade. Moose Johnston, he's not.
Tyler Guyton - 50.4 (56 snaps) - 33.0 pass blocking grade - woof

DEFENSE
Mazi Smith - 88.4 (25 snaps) - 86.6 run stopping grade - performance of his career
DeMarvion Overshown - 77.7 (59 snaps)
Micah Parsons - 72.8 (56 snaps)
Osa Odighizuwa - 69.9 (52 snaps) - 30.0 tackling grade
Amani Oruwariye - 69.6 (33 snaps)
Donovan Wilson - 67.3 (68 snaps)
Marshawn Kneeland - 61.5 (35 snaps)
Malik Hooker - 60.9 (65 snaps) - 29.2 tackling grade
Jourdan Lewis - 59.7 (50 snaps) - 29.9 tackling grade
Carlos Watkins - 58.0 (10 snaps)
Eric Kendricks - 56.2 (67 snaps) - 45.6 tackling grade
Chauncey Golston - 56.1 (24 snaps)
Marist Liufau - 54.1 (26 snaps)
DeMarcus Lawrence - 52.1 (30 snaps) - 29.4 tackling grade
Trevon Diggs - 51.2 (67 snaps) - 27.7 tackling grade - woof
Linval Joseph - 49.5 (22 snaps)
Andrew Booth - 31.1 (27 snaps) - 28.3 coverage grade - great athlete, bad football player
Carl Lawson - 30.3 (22 snaps) - 24.0 tackling grade

It's safe to say that this defense is a poor tackling team.
Poor tackling because they lose discipline and focus...coaching. Throw in penalties with the very same mental status of the team...coaching

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well, the caveat is that its the Giants and the offense still looks like poop. I thought Guyton's grade would be sub 40. This team will need a miraculous performance to beat Pittsburgh.