PFF Grades - Week 8

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
OK someone help me out. I am confused here regarding the PFF grading system. I am merely using Rush as an example so dont read into anything. He played nine snaps in garbage time, completed 2 of 3 passes albeit for 3 yards, and handed off 6 times. How did they arrive at this grade? PS if it were up to me Rush would never see the field.
Basically PFF is goes off of a 4 point scale ranging from -2 to +2. This way a 5 yard completion and a 50 yard completion while both having value wont be scored the same. Rush was 2 of 3 but because they were meaningless passes for 3 yards he probably gets a neutral or at best might get a +.5 grade for a pass, but I doubt it....meanwhile the incompletion is probably a neutral or -.5. For PFF grading the 60s is typically mediocre.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
PFF really grades for consistency more than big plays though. Not that that's right or wrong, it's just their system.
Sorry, I took my like off because I don't like their system, but very much appreciate your explanation.

FaSho

Reaction score
Didn’t realize Richards got into the game. Nice to be able to have done that.

Wouldn’t shock me if he has to start at some point this season.
Edoga got hurt pretty bad, which is why Asim was in.

FaSho

Reaction score
Any update on his injury? The cart is never a good sign
Read it's a low ankle sprain, but that was the last I saw. Live, I thought it was his knee for sure, so glad it's not!

fivetwos

Reaction score
Edoga got hurt pretty bad, which is why Asim was in.
I had to go to a bar for this one, which almost never happens. No sound, smaller tv and was a bit tipsy lol.

Knew Edoga got hurt but for some reason I thought it became Tyler at LT and Bass at LG thereafter.

Thanks for the info. Gotta be a bit of a silver lining that Asim got some reps.

FaSho

Reaction score
I had to go to a bar for this one, which almost never happens. No sound, smaller tv and was a bit tipsy lol.

Knew Edoga got hurt but for some reason I thought it became Tyler at LT and Bass at LG thereafter.

Thanks for the info. Gotta be a bit of a silver lining that Asim got some reps.
Agreed!

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
I know Zack gave up one of those Donald sack/pressures…. Looks like they graded him well overall though. Surprised all interior line scored so well. Remember last year Steele was always popping up at top of list. Almost always on bottom every time this is posted this year.

In another thread saw Tolbert had zero targets. Guess they’re grading his blocking?

Last edited: