PFF Grades - Week 8

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
The Steele and Gallup contracts keep looking worse. Hopefully cap boy has learned his lesson trying to be cute signing injured guys to “cheap deals”
Dumb idiots should have kept Connor Williams and Connor McGovern. This front office directly caused our Oline to degrade to what we're seeing this season by molding both Connor's only to let them go without any reimbursement. The stupidity of this front office and Oline coaches is what is hurting us BIG TIME and why it will likely affect us against the better teams who have very good Front 7 defenders up front.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Still looking bad for Terence Steele, though I think the opening series of the game probably dragged his grade down to make it look worse.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Dumb idiots should have kept Connor Williams and Connor McGovern. This front office directly caused our Oline to degrade to what we're seeing this season by molding both Connor's only to let them go without any reimbursement. The stupidity of this front office and Oline coaches is what is hurting us BIG TIME and why it will likely affect us against the better teams who have very good Front 7 defenders up front.
Changing the blocking scheme has more to do with the decline in line play than losing two jags.

starfan1

Reaction score
Not sure I completely agree with you here but they both left to get paid and we couldnt afford theit contracts along with some of the others. I didnt feel like we were losing an all world player when they left. It happens the problem is they havent done enough to replace them. I feel like this line hasnt been as effective since Tfred left and Leary before him.

This years problem spots are at the tackles. Steele is getting abused regularly and Tyron is ok but his replacemnts are Meh. The 2 guards are the best but the line is barely getting any push and they are not helped by the scheme

Creeper

Reaction score
People need to stop ragging on Mazi Smith. Give him time. Look at Alim McNeill and how he has turned out for Detroit. Mazi will be better than McNeill by his thrid year. I am seeing signs of growth already.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Not sure I completely agree with you here but they both left to get paid and we couldnt afford theit contracts along with some of the others. I didnt feel like we were losing an all world player when they left. It happens the problem is they havent done enough to replace them. I feel like this line hasnt been as effective since Tfred left and Leary before him.

This years problem spots are at the tackles. Steele is getting abused regularly and Tyron is ok but his replacemnts are Meh. The 2 guards are the best but the line is barely getting any push and they are not helped by the scheme
Both Connor Williams and Connor McGovern are only averaging $7 mil/year on their new contracts with their new teams. Connor Williams as a Center for the Dolphins has a PFF grade of 77. Tyler Biadasz as Center has a PFF grade of 65. Connor Williams has proven to be a better Center than Tyler Biadasz is, but Connor Williams could also play Tackle since he played Left Tackle all of his college years at UT Longhorns. Terence Steele just got a new contract which is paying him slightly over $17 mil/year, yet his PFF grade is a measly 50. Connor McGovern has a PFF grade of 58. It would have been cheaper to have kept both Connors (one at Tackle, the other at Guard) at $7 mil/year each (and healthy and playing every game) than it is to keep Terence Steele ($17+ mil/year with a horrible 50 PFF grade) and Tyron Smith (still productive when healthy (PFF grade of 76) but always injured) costing $12+ million/year. This front office and coaches make the dumbest decisions both financially, production-wise and health-wise when it comes to our Oline.

Last edited: