PFF highest graded 1st rounders

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
Bummer about McCarthy. I was excited to see what he could do after the offseason hype.

Guyton being up there I'd a huge win for us. It's looking like he's following in Tyler's steps and bringing it day 1. Unexpected, but most certainly welcome. Good for him.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Bummer about McCarthy. I was excited to see what he could do after the offseason hype.

Guyton being up there I'd a huge win for us. It's looking like he's following in Tyler's steps and bringing it day 1. Unexpected, but most certainly welcome. Good for him.
I said it the other day I’m done questioning them on first round lineman. Maybe it’s a McCarthy thing or maybe it’d luck but they’ve proven they know what they are doing.

DanTanna

Original Zone Member
Reaction score
I have an EXTREMELY STRONG feeling that JJ McCarthy is going to be a massive BUST. So that score is absolutely ridiculous IMO.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cowboys just crushed the draft this year. All 8 picks making the 53? It won't surprise me. Trading down from 24 then getting Beebe with the extra pick is icing on the cake.

Round 1 Pick 29 - OT Tyler Guyton Oklahoma
Round 2 Pick 56 - DE Marshawn Kneeland Western Michigan
Round 3 Pick 73 - OG/OC Cooper Beebe Kansas St
Round 3 Pick 87 - LB Marist Liufau Notre Dame
Round 5 Pick 174 - CB Caelen Carson Wake Forest
Round 6 Pick 216 - WR Ryan Flournoy SE Missouri
Round 7 Pick 233 - OT - Nathan Thomas Louisiana
Round 7 Pick 244 - DT/NT Justin Rogers Auburn

RS12

Reaction score
Duke Manyweather worked with Guyton and Beebe this summer. Still reviews Guyton's game tape. Cleaned up a lot of stuff with Guyton.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Cowboys just crushed the draft this year. All 8 picks making the 53? It won't surprise me. Trading down from 24 then getting Beebe with the extra pick is icing on the cake.

I would keep them all.

plasticman

Reaction score
I really thought it would be difficult deciding on a T or a C with the first pick. Turns out they used the pick to get both. Good move.

ThatJerryKid

cowboys31
Reaction score

Add Round 4 - Trey Lance to the list.

baltcowboy

Reaction score

Yeah that Michigan kid looks like he had the best preseason game of all the young quarterbacks.

Adreme

Reaction score
Barton & Wiggins were two picks i thought about pre draft for Dallas . Guyton has really looked the part . Dude is huge . Could be your answer at critical LT for well past his rookie deal.
I legit thought Wiggins should be drafted in the top 15 but then the QB run happened and the draft got weird for the rest of the first round.