PFF highest graded 1st rounders

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
Huh? What does my post have to do with Dak? They let anyone post on here….
Why else would you hate on Will McClay or shade him ...with false info? Ego or Dak protection? Both?

Exactly right...a person who makes things up, can't substantiate what they say and name-calls their way to RETREAT...they let them post here too.

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I know it is too early to know what Guyton will be, but this front office appears to have once again pulled a potential pro-bowl offensive lineman out of their hat.

It's almost unbelievable at this point.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Why else would you hate on Will McClay or shade him ...with false info? Ego or Dak protection? Both?

Exactly right...a person who makes things up, can't substantiate what they say and name-calls their way to RETREAT...they let them post here too.
Where did I have on McClay at?

And let’s say hypothetically I did how on earth does they protect Dak? From who? You? What you gonna do to Dak lol?

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Nah. Why do you make me do this with you?

Tyron was drafted late for a tackle with his size, speed and strength. The big question on Tyron was the same as with Tyler Guyton: He only played the right side in college. So the 1st year we used Tyron at RT because we still had a decent LT. So, it was NOT a slam dunk that he would develop into a perrenial all-pro HOF LT. Stop it.

Zach Martin was NOT highly regarded as an athlete. He was considered a leader and was the leader of his line all 4 years at Notre Dame. But he did 4 years...and most guys who are highly touted bounce for the bag. In fact, Stephen had to g-check dad and take the Johnny Manziel card out of his hands on draft day...so much for "highly regarded".

I don't know why you need to be contrarian about this, but you are just spewing crap without factual basis...in order to diminish Will McClay? Why...

Wait...I KNOW YOU. You need someone to blame for Dak's failures...and so you blame EVERYONE: Jerry, Stephen, Will, etc...never Dak. Got it.
The Johnny Manzeil card was a joke. They don't take their cards to the nfl. They call it in.

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
Where did I have on McClay at?

And let’s say hypothetically I did how on earth does they protect Dak? From who? You? What you gonna do to Dak lol?
Replace Dak with "god" and you have how people conflate criticizing their religion with criticism of their ego. The same is true when a person is devoted to a player.

"lol".

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
PFF grades for preseason games? I’m not sure who Nate Wiggins played in is other preseason game, but he didn’t face the Eagles starting QB or WRs. Same goes for Q Mitchell. No game planning either. I guess I don’t see the point in these grades at this time. I suppose it’s better than getting a poor grade against backups and vanilla schemes, but that’s about it.
Actually, when the offense and defense are super vanilla, these grades are probably more accurate.

PFF tries to assign grades based on whether a player has done their job or not. But in the regular season, it's not exactly clear what individual responsibilities are. It's a little easier to judge in the preseason.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Replace Dak with "god" and you have how people conflate criticizing their religion with criticism of their ego. The same is true when a person is devoted to a player.

"lol".
What?! You took your meds today yet? Nursing home need to revoke your internet access for 24 hours you tripping.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
The Johnny Manzeil card was a joke. They don't take their cards to the nfl. They call it in.
I always felt that Manzeil story was crap. Who the hell tells Jerry who to pick and not to pick? Especially his son? If he wanted Manziel he would’ve been a Cowboy. Let’s remember Romo was as our quarterback at the time and he just paid him. He told that stupid story just in case Manziel ended up good he can go on record saying he wanted him and as result he looks stupid.

irishline

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Whatever...Jerry corroborated the story so...he wanted Manziel and Stephen pulled him back from the brink.

NFL Draft: The Incredible True Story Of Jerry Jones' Dallas Cowboys And (Almost But Not Really) QB Johnny Manziel

"FRiSCO - It's going to happen every April now, and as the years go by, the tale will grow taller. "Jerry Jones almost forced his Dallas Cowboys to take Johnny Manziel in the first round of the 2014 NFL Draft.''

It's a helluva story. It's got it all. Controversial owner, colorful kid, Texas QB, first-round arguments ... Unfortunately, it's mostly all baloney.

The truth, via those who lived it:...

...In the days leading up to the draft, owner Jerry Jones still liked the idea. But by Draft Day, he'd been made to see the light: Manziel wasn't going to be graded or rated higher on Dallas' Big Board than two potential stars who the scouting department predicted would be there:

Ohio State linebacker Ryan Shazier and Notre Dame guard Zack Martin...

...And in 2014, there was no confusion. Staffer Robert Blackwell was in New York and he was instructed to write two names on potential turn-into-the-league cards.

The two names: Shazier on one card. Martin on the other.

Two cards. Not three..."

https://www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/news...ones-dallas-cowboys-and-almost-johnny-manziel

One of many debunking the story of draft night because, you know, Jerry never embellishes the truth.

Last edited: