Twitter: PFF: How impressive was Dak Prescott's performance last night?

BermyStar

Reaction score
On point! I got a good friend who is a WFT fan (I need better friends) and he was talking a little trash this morning. Then I asked him how he thought that Dallas team last night would do vs the other NFCE teams...he went quiet. That team last night competes in the NFC. They win NFCE easily.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I wanted to comment on how he was throwing...it seemed like he was tossing up passes to get picked off but it would always get there to the receiver...I really wish Lamb would've caught that interception he threw because that was probably one of my favorite throws all night and I think it would've gave Lamb some much needed confidence.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I wanted to comment on how he was throwing...it seemed like he was tossing up passes to get picked off but it would always get there to the receiver...I really wish Lamb would've caught that interception he threw because that was probably one of my favorite throws all night and I think it would've gave Lamb some much needed confidence.
Agreed. In traffic, tight spiral, good velocity. It's the kind of throw I'm begging to see more of....and...dropped.
Looked like ceedee was bracing for a hit and short armed.

it was a great throw...could given them both a boost.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Agreed. In traffic, tight spiral, good velocity. It's the kind of throw I'm begging to see more of....and...dropped.
Looked like ceedee was bracing for a hit and short armed.

it was a great throw...could given them both a boost.
He's been playing like this for 5 years now. That's what many of us have been telling you doubters. And yet "I'm begging to see more of it" says you haven't seen this before. He's been a great QB since day 1.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He's been playing like this for 5 years now. That's what many of us have been telling you doubters. And yet "I'm begging to see more of it" says you haven't seen this before. He's been a great QB since day 1.
Just can't leave me alone can ya.

You are such a ____.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

Lamb probably went home and lit up a candle and cried himself to sleep over it.

It’s time for him to stop being a little candle sniffing big 12 flag footballer and be a man and catch that ball.

He wasn’t playing North Texas with a mile of space to catch a pass in.

That’s a tight window throw that he has to make a play on but instead he went full candle sniffer.

His stupid little first down thing he does looks like he’s sniffing a candle.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It has been said on this site many times by many people, as well as talking heads across the TV spectrum a pro QB has to make throws in tight windows, and risk to win.

Lamb bobbled the ball. I have to wonder if the traffic broke his concentration? Or the idea of a safety breaking his ribs caused him to ,look away for a split second.

It is what it is. But Dak put that ball on a dime. It was a rope. Woulda, shoulda, coulda, but that should have been a catch.

My second point is this. Catchable passes. They looked like they floated because he recognized the openness of the receiver and delivered something not coming in so hot it would be hard to handle. My opinion, of course.

johneric8

Reaction score
It has been said on this site many times by many people, as well as talking heads across the TV spectrum a pro QB has to make throws in tight windows, and risk to win.

Lamb bobbled the ball. I have to wonder if the traffic broke his concentration? Or the idea of a safety breaking his ribs caused him to ,look away for a split second.

It is what it is. But Dak put that ball on a dime. It was a rope. Woulda, shoulda, coulda, but that should have been a catch.

My second point is this. Catchable passes. They looked like they floated because he recognized the openness of the receiver and delivered something not coming in so hot it would be hard to handle. My opinion, of course.
Lamb had covid, it takes it's toll trust me on that I've had it... Lamb was lucky to be out there, he was not 100% this I guarantee.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Lamb probably went home and lit up a candle and cried himself to sleep over it.

It’s time for him to stop being a little candle sniffing big 12 flag footballer and be a man and catch that ball.

He wasn’t playing North Texas with a mile of space to catch a pass in.

That’s a tight window throw that he has to make a play on but instead he went full candle sniffer.

His stupid little first down thing he does looks like he’s sniffing a candle.

I’ve never seen you talk about a player this harshly before. Lamb must really grind your gears.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I’ve never seen you talk about a player this harshly before. Lamb must really grind your gears.

I like Lamb. He’s a heck of a prospect.

Last night and today I’m not too happy with him. He’s a big reason we lost and he’s too talented for us to look back on a game like that and him be one of the reasons we lost.

He wants to be an elite WR. Make a play that elite wide outs make 9 times out of 10.

That was some soft college football candle sniffing stuff from him.

“I’m sensitive to smells.” Well your catching ability smells awful right now. Light a candle Ceedee.

HungryLion

Reaction score
I like Lamb. He’s a heck of a prospect.

Last night and today I’m not too happy with him. He’s a big reason we lost and he’s too talented for us to look back on a game like that and him be one of the reasons we lost.

He wants to be an elite WR. Make a play that elite wide outs make 9 times out of 10.

That was some soft college football candle sniffing stuff from him.

“I’m sensitive to smells.” Well your catching ability smells awful right now. Light a candle Ceedee.

Fair enough man. I do agree that Lamb really screwed the pooch last night.

I do think he will be fine long term. But he did cost us big last night. No question.

SackMaster

Reaction score
I'm glad I'm not the only one who is willing to say that they thought the interception throw was probably the best throw of the night.

That was a CLUTCH throw ... unfortunately it wasn't a clutch catch.

I believe Lamb is better than that, but what I believe does not matter. He has to go out there and prove it.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Why do guys think Moore called two runs and a behind the los pass to Zeke when the Cowboys had 1st and goal at the 8? A TD there would have been huge.

QB keeper - 3 yards
Pass short right to Zeke - 3 yards
Zeke to the left - -1 yard

Field goal.

The middle of the endzone is never attacked in these situations.

I wonder why that is.

texbumthelife

Reaction score

If Lamb hauls that in there is no one between him and the endzone. It's 6. It's time for him to start making those big plays. He's in year two. Steady play is fine, but he's here to make those huge plays.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
That Lamb drop is a perfect example of how much the game has changed.

In the 'good old days' Lamb would have been carted off the field whether he caught it or not.

Great pass though.