Twitter: PFF: How impressive was Dak Prescott's performance last night?

SackMaster

Reaction score
Why do guys think Moore called two runs and a behind the los pass to Zeke when the Cowboys had 1st and goal at the 8? A TD there would have been huge.

QB keeper - 3 yards
Pass short right to Zeke - 3 yards
Zeke to the left - -1 yard

Field goal.

The middle of the endzone is never attacked in these situations.

I wonder why that is.
Well, outside of Dallas, the middle of the D, that close to the endzone, is usually pretty well covered.

Not always, but most of the time.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Why do guys think Moore called two runs and a behind the los pass to Zeke when the Cowboys had 1st and goal at the 8? A TD there would have been huge.

QB keeper - 3 yards
Pass short right to Zeke - 3 yards
Zeke to the left - -1 yard

Field goal.

The middle of the endzone is never attacked in these situations.

I wonder why that is.

Moore's play calling in the red zone is abysmal. Jarwin should be up the seem every single snap inside the 20.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Dak's performance was impressive, given the fact he hasn't played any meaningful football in 11 months.

However, he needs to covert more 3's into 7's. A large part of that I blame on Kellen Moore. But Dak is the captain of the ship while it's on the high seas.
He's got to find a way to get us into the end zone. He has to overcome even his offensive coordinator.
Sorry, but that's the way it is.

Nevertheless, he's tough. He's a leader, and he's willing to get better. I still have my doubts because I want to see the victories against the Tampa Bays and the Green Bays. But I like his work ethic, and, if left up to his will, he'll get it done.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Moore's play calling in the red zone is abysmal. Jarwin should be up the seem every single snap inside the 20.
Jerry Jones has ruined this franchise by turning over the keys of his Maserati (the Cowboys offense) to a teenager who just got his learner's permit.
And what the heck is Mike McCarthy - super offensive genius - doing here if he can't scheme us into the end zone more often?
Sure, Jerry, I'll take the job provided Kellen Moore retains the playcalling. No problems with that. No problems with that at all.

Fontaine

Reaction score
I think at this point if you still talk crap about Dak, you should pack your bags and leave because you’re not a Cowboys fan.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Dak's performance was impressive, given the fact he hasn't played any meaningful football in 11 months.

However, he needs to covert more 3's into 7's. A large part of that I blame on Kellen Moore. But Dak is the captain of the ship while it's on the high seas.
He's got to find a way to get us into the end zone. He has to overcome even his offensive coordinator.

Nevertheless, he's tough. He's a leader, and he's willing to get better. I still have my doubts because I want to see the victories against the Tampa Bays and the Green Bays. But I like his work ethic, and, if left up to his will, he'll get it done.
So you blame Dak because they lost the game? :facepalm:

75boyz

Reaction score

Nice post.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
If Lamb hauls that in there is no one between him and the endzone. It's 6. It's time for him to start making those big plays. He's in year two. Steady play is fine, but he's here to make those huge plays.
Yeah what he's doing in practice just hasn't translated on the field yet for whatever reason. Gallup is out now...now we don't have that 3 big time receiver luxury. Now is the time for Lamb to show what he is.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Not necessarily. But fair or not, that's how quarterbacks are judged.
Maybe normally but I don't think anyone saw that game last night and thought to put the blame on Dak of all people. It was like blaming Romo for that Bronco's game back in the day.

mrmojo

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I'm glad I'm not the only one who is willing to say that they thought the interception throw was probably the best throw of the night.

That was a CLUTCH throw ... unfortunately it wasn't a clutch catch.

I believe Lamb is better than that, but what I believe does not matter. He has to go out there and prove it.
Having seen the entire career of Drew Pearson, I couldnt help but think that would have been a routine catch for Drew, he made those type of plays all the time......come on 88!

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Nice post.
The argument is generally made, "Well, Dak got us into position to take the lead with a field goal".
That he did.
But if he got us into position to get a field goal, he also could have gotten us in position to score.
That's the reality of playing quarterback.
Is it fair? Probably not.
Is it what fans and football experts expect of quarterbacks? Yes.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Maybe normally but I don't think anyone saw that game last night and thought to put the blame on Dak of all people. It was like blaming Romo for that Bronco's game back in the day.
True. But if this becomes a habit, it will factor into his legacy.
Again, it's not fair, but that has become the expectation. Shrug.
But I'm not taking away anything from Dak. If he plays the way he did last night, the NFC East should already be gift-wrapped and sitting under Jerry's tree by Halloween. ;)

tyke1doe

Reaction score
The only people who judge QB's that way are ignorant fans. Period. End of story.
No. Even former NFL players do so. Why do you think many hold that Brady is the GOAT?
Why are Bradshaw and Namath in the hall even though they had substandard numbers by comparison?
It's about WINNING. That's the name of the game. That's the goal of the game. PERIODT!