Twitter: PFF lists Cowboys OL among the most improved

conner01

Reaction score
Is this when someone is supposed to post something along the line of PFF must suck if they said something positive about the Cowboys?

What this article says is true though. Improving an area that was a glaring need and in need of desperate upgrading got one and that was a sight for sore eyes!
PFF is relative since it uses same criteria on each guy. I don’t think it’s a great evaluation but it’s one source. Though I’m not sure how we could be most improved when we lost Tyron and added 2 guys who haven’t played a game. I do think Steele will be better this year and like the pitential of the young guys

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
PFF is relative since it uses same criteria on each guy. I don’t think it’s a great evaluation but it’s one source. Though I’m not sure how we could be most improved when we lost Tyron and added 2 guys who haven’t played a game. I do think Steele will be better this year and like the pitential of the young guys
Based on the article I dont believe they are saying the Cowboys got better year to year, they are just saying pre draft to post draft so losing guys like Tyron and Biadasz isnt even part of the equation.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Is this when someone is supposed to post something along the line of PFF must suck if they said something positive about the Cowboys?

What this article says is true though. Improving an area that was a glaring need and in need of desperate upgrading got one and that was a sight for sore eyes!
I won’t say anything about PFF.

I’ll just say this is about of projection considering the rookies haven’t even put on pads yet.

But it’s promising.

plymkr

Reaction score
I’m pretty excited about our OL. We look good on paper and younger. We’ll miss Tyron when Tyron was healthy but would you rather have Guyton healthy than Tyron playing 8 games? Then it comes down to which 8 games does he play. I feel it was wise to draft offensive linemen and invest in the trenches. I’m excited to see how they play in preseason and obviously the games. But until I see bad play I’m pretty excited about the group.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score

Following the NFL draft, Pro Football Focus has selected the Cowboys among the most improved offensive lines - second only to the Steelers as most improved. By picking up Tyler Guyton, Cooper Bebee and the underrated Nathan Thomas, the Cowboys addressed the team’s biggest need in a very good way this draft.

Now if we could do something about the RB position, lol.

With a very good line, the RB position is adequate as it stands now. Not great, but adequate.

But I don't agree with the article, if for no other reasons than Guyton is green as grass and Beebe has never played center before. Maybe next year...

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Can't we just assume everything is going to be fine? Works for us in every other area of the team, right?
Things usually work out best for the team when we don’t assume too much. One fan is already assuming our new OL will be the next Great Wall of Dallas. :flagwave:

fivetwos

Reaction score
I liked the Guyton and Beebe picks as much as many others seem to, but how about we keep in mind that they are rookies and are each being asked to switch positions as they adjust to the speed of the pro game.

The OL has some nice pieces moving ahead but I don’t know how much better they will be immediately. It’ll more likely take some time.

Adreme

Reaction score

I think I would be more critical of how they elected to measure improvement in this case and that, by definition, the Cowboys almost automatically would be near the top.

I’m not in a spot to look this up, but let’s start with how many teams used a day 1 and day 2 pick on the OL. I would wager you are looking at 5 teams or less. Note how the only team who used round 1 and round 2 on the OLine is on top.

Basically it’s a list of what teams drafted OLine the highest.

GoCowboysGo

Reaction score

Following the NFL draft, Pro Football Focus has selected the Cowboys among the most improved offensive lines - second only to the Steelers as most improved. By picking up Tyler Guyton, Cooper Bebee and the underrated Nathan Thomas, the Cowboys addressed the team’s biggest need in a very good way this draft.

Well, that’s one side of the ball. :thumbup:

buybuydandavis

Reaction score

Compared to going into the draft
Not compared to last year

TwentyOne

Reaction score

I dont know wether pff sucks but it is evident even for the casual viewer that we did not improve from last year.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Compared to going into the draft
Not compared to last year
Ah ok. That explains a lot.

Strange to pick such a timeframe for comparison. Before we even had one training Session where the new kids could Show what they are able to do.

Maybe they had nothing to write about and needed the money.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
There is always hope but how are they able to determine this before anyone from this draft has played a down against NFL talent?
Exactly. We love to anoint too early around here. Gotta tap the brakes on this. EVERYTHING Cowboys has to be "shut up and show me" until this team finally achieves something this century.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Can't we just assume everything is going to be fine? Works for us in every other area of the team, right?
ST's in P, K, LS are the only positions that are fine.
Everything else is up in the air until we see them on the field for real. Well, the secondary may be fine, if Diggs is fully recovered.
I think we all know that, or all should realize that.