Twitter: PFF: Most forced missed tackles

aria

Reaction score
Precisely. This is what I was trying to tell aria...but he evaded and misdirected like a good "victim".

Hahahahaha...that isn’t what you said at all, you asked me my personal opinion of Emmitt, you made zero mention of HOF’ers in relationship to number of carries nor did you provide a link. His response was appropriate, your was crap. His response actually proves my point, more carries equals more yards, plain and simple.

MY POINT is and was, when you take into account the O line Zeke has had since his rookie year, and his short comings in many other areas that separates good running backs from great, he is good but several other RB’s would have had similar or better success had they had the same amount of carries and had an O line as good as Zeke has had. Most of them didn’t cost a 4th overall pick, or even top 10, only the Giants surpass us in stupidity and look at the mess their GM has created since he took over.

BTW, you know what made Barry better than Emmitt? Look how long it took for Emmitt to catch Barry in total yards and look at the line Barry had in comparison to Emmitt. Barry smoked him in ypc under much worse circumstances, he also hung it up when he still had plenty of gas in the tank, had he kept playing for even a few more years Emmitt would have never caught him.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Flipping out? Lol, hardly.

“DIRECTLY” replying to “number of carries” by asking me my opinion of Emmitt Smith? Hahahaha...that’s a new one but coming from you it’s not surprising. You try to start controversy by constantly bringing up other Cowboys that aren’t directly relevant. Instead of trying to bait me, a more appropriate “DIRECT” response would be to tell me how there isn’t a correlation between number of carries and the league leading rushers by year. Why don’t you look at the past 10 years and tell me how many RB’s who won the rushing title also led the league in most carries? I already know the answer but maybe it will keep you busy for awhile.

It would only be hypocritical if you knew what I thought of Emmitt in comparison to Zeke, wouldn’t it? But you don’t because I’m not falling for your crap, just like you tried with Dak. You said “we”, not “you” because I never said that. Do you always tell other people what they think? I’m surprised you even asked the question since you already allegedly know my answer.

Is zeke durable? Sure. He also doesn’t get hit as much as other RB’s because he has a lot more room to run. There’s also much less chance of an injury when you’re running into one or two defenders compared to being dog piled by half the other team on a regular basis while still trying to gain yards. If you want to make the argument that he may be the most durable RB in the league, few would argue, although personally I think a lot of that has to do with luck and the O line. As far as being one of the best RB’s purely because he coincidentally had the most carries, and therefore had the most yards (rushing title) behind one of the best run blocking lines in the league then I’ll challenge that all day long. He falls short in several other more significant categories but I will give him durable (reluctantly) and he his a very good blocker but that hardly outweighs his deficiencies.

I really may have to block you today, you’re like a little annoying gnat that leaves, comes back, leaves again, comes back and serves no purpose other than to annoy people. I hope your reply is as bad as the last one so I can block you once and for all with zero doubts that I may miss something worthwhile you may contribute someday.

With all due respect....and thank you for replying...you didn't really answer my question. I will try to phrase it in a way that doesn't offend you. In regards to having a LOT of carries...emmitt several times (4) had over 360 carries a season. 4 more times ran around the 300 mark give or take. Right about where Zeke sits. So if it's just the number of carries is a critical factor for you with Zeke...shouldn't it be the same for Emmitt? Was emmitt NOT an "elite" back because of all those carries? See irishline's comment above. If you don;t like me saying the same thing....read HIS.

Okay...so block me...no skin off my nose. In fact might make it a bit more pleasant. I would think a more rational person would just make simple short replies without the drama and bullying....or simply not reply at all.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hahahahaha...that isn’t what you said at all, you asked me my personal opinion of Emmitt, you made zero mention of HOF’ers in relationship to number of carries nor did you provide a link. His response was appropriate, your was crap. His response actually proves my point, more carries equals more yards, plain and simple.

MY POINT is and was, when you take into account the O line Zeke has had since his rookie year, and his short comings in many other areas that separates good running backs from great, he is good but several other RB’s would have had similar or better success had they had the same amount of carries and had an O line as good as Zeke has had. Most of them didn’t cost a 4th overall pick, or even top 10, only the Giants surpass us in stupidity and look at the mess their GM has created since he took over.

BTW, you know what made Barry better than Emmitt? Look how long it took for Emmitt to catch Barry in total yards and look at the line Barry had in comparison to Emmitt. Barry smoked him in ypc under much worse circumstances, he also hung it up when he still had plenty of gas in the tank, had he kept playing for even a few more years Emmitt would have never caught him.

Your POINT, more carries = more yards? That;s what you've been rambling about? Really, you think? Of course that's the way it SHOULD work.

No.....Your point...was downgrading Zeke because of number of carries. Now we're talking about other backs with MORE carries in the season (and around the same yards) as being "great".

Not really gonna debate who was better Barry or Emmitt. I was glad to have Emmitt on my team. Appreciative. Just like I am now.

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
Below average was being nice.
List of things Zeke finished in the bottom 25% of RBs with 25+ catches:

Yards per route run
Receiving yards per snap
Explosive play %
Missed tackles forced per reception

He was at the top of the list in drops though!

Outside of that, he was awesome lol.

I’m not a big Zeke fan especially after his last year drama, but catching wise - Below average throws from the QB too, Dak’s throws on the flat to RB are not even average.

aria

Reaction score
With all due respect....and thank you for replying...you didn't really answer my question. I will try to phrase it in a way that doesn't offend you. In regards to having a LOT of carries...emmitt several times (4) had over 360 carries a season. 4 more times ran around the 300 mark give or take. Right about where Zeke sits. So if it's just the number of carries is a critical factor for you with Zeke...shouldn't it be the same for Emmitt? Was emmitt NOT an "elite" back because of all those carries? See irishline's comment above. If you don;t like me saying the same thing....read HIS.

Okay...so block me...no skin off my nose. In fact might make it a bit more pleasant. I would think a more rational person would just make simple short replies without the drama and bullying....or simply not reply at all.
Better reply, much better. I never said “just the number of carries” is so critical to me, IMOF, my whole point is quite the opposite...that people claim Zeke is the best RB in the league because he won a couple rushing titles which is directly related to number of carries. Some people argue that Zeke is a better receiver than Barkley but he doesn’t get enough chances so the stats are skewed, how is that any different than Barkley not getting the same amount of carries as Zeke? So basing how good a RB is overall based mainly on total yards which is almost always directly related to number of carries proves very little to me when comparing the best backs in the league.

I think the O line is the most relevant factor when taking into consideration a RB’s success or lack thereof. Then, to determine who a better running back is, I take into consideration several other factors such as yards after contact, making defenders miss tackles, speed, elusiveness, etc...in other words the total package.

aria

Reaction score
Your POINT, more carries = more yards? That;s what you've been rambling about? Really, you think? Of course that's the way it SHOULD work.

No.....Your point...was downgrading Zeke because of number of carries. Now we're talking about other backs with MORE carries in the season (and around the same yards) as being "great".

Not really gonna debate who was better Barry or Emmitt. I was glad to have Emmitt on my team. Appreciative. Just like I am now.
Yeah...that was my point IN RESPONSE to “Zeke is the best because he won two rushing titles”. What part of this don’t you understand. So if it’s that obvious, are you saying that whatever running back gets the most yards is the best?

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Actually if you look at the running backs in the hall of fame it does...

Of the top 20 in career carries 15 are in the hall, 2 will be when they retire, and only 3 (at the bottom of the 20) aren't.

So of 32 running backs in the hall of fame, 15 of them are in the top 17 in volume (10 are from the 40s-50s). Who would have thought that?

That is unless you think the likes of Emmitt Smith, Barrry Sanders, Walter Payton, etc. aren't/weren't elite. By the way they are 3 of the top 4 in rushing yards and, wouldn't you know it, rushing attempts. Funny how that works.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/rush_att_career.htm

Actually it doesn't. Kinda like Frank Gore who has volume but was never elite.

Funny how that works.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
I’m not a big Zeke fan especially after his last year drama, but catching wise - Below average throws from the QB too, Dak’s throws on the flat to RB are not even average.
He has no issues when throwing to Pollard.

HellCrowe

Reaction score
I’ll say this, Dallas had no problem giving Zeke his money. Pretty glad they have an eye for talent compared to some here. So, I’m just going to laugh at this thread and leave it as that.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
He is really good but his play the last couple years has not been elite. I'm not saying he can't be that guy again.
I think he was elite in 2018. 2019 not elite but still very good. The holdout played a part. All these other cats being named havent been rode like Zeke has either. I remember Derrick Henry being a back up.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
I’ll say this, Dallas had no problem giving Zeke his money. Pretty glad they have an eye for talent compared to some here. So, I’m just going to laugh at this thread and leave it as that.
They are already regretting it.

Just like the Rams, Cardinals, Steelers, Falcons, etc etc.

Pretty silly argument. Thank you for the laughs though. Especially since they had a standoff with Zeke until the very end. So saying "no problem paying him" doesnt make much sense.
I'm glad that some of us are better at evaluating talent and impact on games over others, it's making us a better forum, even if the organization screwed up and some slower posters haven't caught on even when presented with facts

Last edited:

aria

Reaction score
Well thank god for that because the Cowboys have been so successful over the past 20 years. Hard to believe all the other recent Super Bowl winners didn’t draft a RB so high and then give him a ridiculous contract. I don’t know how they did it!

HellCrowe

Reaction score
They are already regretting it.

Just like the Rams, Cardinals, Steelers, Falcons, etc etc.

Pretty silly argument. Thank you for the laughs though. Especially since they had a standoff with Zeke until the very end. So saying "no problem paying him" doesnt make much sense.
I'm glad that some of us are better at evaluating talent and impact on games over others, it's making us a better forum, even if the organization screwed up and some slower posters haven't caught on even when presented with facts

huh. One question, how long has it been in Dak’s contract talks. Thanks

HellCrowe

Reaction score
....what? Lol
How does this question pertain to literally anything said? Lmao

Thanks

what? How does it not? No problem giving him money. Yet throw all of these stats and praise and they still have to figure out what Dak is worth. ????

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
He hasn't been elite since 2016, but it makes them feel better I guess.

Runner- above average
Pass blocking- nearly elite
Pass catcher- below average

Pass catcher— that’s my biggest disappointment with him. I wasn’t all up in his college film so I just took people’s word for it that he was a good receiver coming out of Ohio St.

But he’s been almost useless running routes in the NFL.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
what? How does it not? No problem giving him money. Yet throw all of these stats and praise and they still have to figure out what Dak is worth. ????
Your only basis for Zeke being good was that the organization had "no problem paying him", which was a lie considering they had to wait until the season almost started after Zeke had held out.

How does that have anything to do with Dak? Lol.

Are you saying that if Dak and Zeke both get paid by the same organization in their first holdout then they are equal in talent because the organization signed them?

This is so sloppy. Clean it up please. Thanks