Twitter: PFF: Parson and Cox top grades

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I think Cox will see playing time in certain packages the defense runs. How many snaps through out the game I think really depends on the effectiveness. The more Cox does the more snaps he will see. As for Jaylon people are down on him and for the most part with just cause, but I think Jaylon will have the opportunity to rise his level of play. I think there is pressure on him to elevate his game and I for one hope that is the case.

The problem with this is you better believe offensive coor around the league see the same physical limitations we see. So whenever he's on the field they're going after for a free play.

JBS

Reaction score
Again, it will be a real shame when we don't use all of our talent and waste snaps on Jaylon this year. McCarthy's not lying when he says this is the best LB group he's ever had. Jaylon Smith isn't one of the reasons why.

is the coaching staff going to be allowed to play the best players?

JBS

Reaction score
I think Cox will see playing time in certain packages the defense runs. How many snaps through out the game I think really depends on the effectiveness. The more Cox does the more snaps he will see. As for Jaylon people are down on him and for the most part with just cause, but I think Jaylon will have the opportunity to rise his level of play. I think there is pressure on him to elevate his game and I for one hope that is the case.

he’s not physically capable. It won’t happen.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Considering Neal only signed a 1-year deal, LVE's 5th year rookie option was declined, and J. Smith may be a release option after this season, these guys really need to step up this season to give Dallas a solid LB twosome for next season (and much needed salary cap relief at the LB position). If Dallas can find a 3rd viable LB option (perhaps LVE comes back on a reasonable deal if he stays healthy) that would go a long way to helping the defense.

I think Neal is gone if Cox shows that he can fill that role. I also believe we'll keep either LVE or Jaylon. No reason to get rid of both. Either we restructure Jaylon or cut him and use his money to sign LVE.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
I think Neal is gone if Cox shows that he can fill that role. I also believe we'll keep either LVE or Jaylon. No reason to get rid of both. Either we restructure Jaylon or cut him and use his money to sign LVE.

Neal signed a 1-year $5M contract with Dallas wherein his cap hit is less than his dead money so he will stick around. Jaylon Smith will have $6.8M in dead money after this season with a 2022 cap hit of $11.8M (his 2021 cap hit is $9.8M) so he could be gone with a $5M cap savings for Dallas. LVE has only a $3.7M cap hit this season and with adequate linebacker salaries averaging between $11-16M/year with the franchise tag for linebackers at $15.6M, I do not see LVE coming back should he have a healthy season as other teams will outbid Dallas. The interesting part is that the 5th year option to have kept LVE next season would have cost Dallas $9.145M so this may be a move that bites them in the butt.

rags747

Reaction score
I totally agree. I think Cox was a steal at 4. He was always good in coverage but impressed me most with his ability to work through blocks to the ball. Straight ahead and lateral. Parsons is just a next level athlete. He is huge too. They got 2 good ones that’s for sure.
The funny thing with Parsons is that he does not look Huge though, he’s wearing some small shoulder pads imo. I believe he is approx the same size as Lawrence Taylor, but Taylor had some big pads on so he looked much bigger. I’m thinking Parsons likes the smaller pads as it makes it easier to get through the bodies. Am I crazy with this observation?

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
I totally agree. I think Cox was a steal at 4. He was always good in coverage but impressed me most with his ability to work through blocks to the ball. Straight ahead and lateral. Parsons is just a next level athlete. He is huge too. They got 2 good ones that’s for sure.

I’m with you. I don’t know how he lasted to the 4th. He was the best player on defense for both NDSU and LSU.

Creeper

Reaction score
Cox looks like the steal of the draft already. And with each game he looks better. It would not shock me if Jaylon Smith and LVE are both gone next year given the Cowboys cap issues.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
he’s not physically capable. It won’t happen.

They will play the games and it falls to him to produce and prove his critics wrong. In about 17 days he and the rest of the team will have their 1st opportunity to show themselves as a team and as players. You may be right but since I tend to pull for players over message board fans all I can tell you is I hope he can step up as a player and help this team win games.

NotForLong

Reaction score
. LVE has only a $3.7M cap hit this season and with adequate linebacker salaries averaging between $11-16M/year with the franchise tag for linebackers at $15.6M, I do not see LVE coming back should he have a healthy season as other teams will outbid Dallas. The interesting part is that the 5th year option to have kept LVE next season would have cost Dallas $9.145M so this may be a move that bites them in the butt.
What would the Cowboys receive in Compensation? A 4th? not bad

JBS

Reaction score
They will play the games and it falls to him to produce and prove his critics wrong. In about 17 days he and the rest of the team will have their 1st opportunity to show themselves as a team and as players. You may be right but since I tend to pull for players over message board fans all I can tell you is I hope he can step up as a player and help this team win games.

nobody here wants him to suck. what’s wrong w you people?

baltcowboy

Reaction score
IF LVE stay healthy, start and play a min 14-15 games at a high level.......he likely gets tag IMO
Why would you give LVE an average of 15 million for one season after he has been demoted to a run down linebacker? You LVE homers make me laugh.:rolleyes::laugh:

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Jaylon can’t move and LVE is made of glass. They are both gone. If Neal plays well he is gone as well. The Cowboys have sunk lots of money at linebacker. Time to put the resources into the defensive line.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
nobody here wants him to suck. what’s wrong w you people?

lol read post around here, no one wants him to fail? Seems some do not even want him to get the chance to play. You claim "he’s not physically capable. It won’t happen." I do agree what is wrong with people. lol

I actually have no issue with anyone who is critical of any player and understand it is the player who needs to step up and prove his critics wrong. I do think the pressure is on Jaylon as we have some young guys on hand and are showing the ability to play at this level.