Twitter: PFF: Parson and Cox top grades

JBS

Reaction score
lol read post around here, no one wants him to fail? Seems some do not even want him to get the chance to play. You claim "he’s not physically capable. It won’t happen." I do agree what is wrong with people. lol

I actually have no issue with anyone who is critical of any player and understand it is the player who needs to step up and prove his critics wrong. I do think the pressure is on Jaylon as we have some young guys on hand and are showing the ability to play at this level.

there is a massive difference between knowing a player sucks and wanting him to fail.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
there is a massive difference between knowing a player sucks and wanting him to fail.

Not really. He sucks? I would agree he has not lived up to his draft status and should not have been handed an extension on his contract. My only claim is not attacking anyone only stating it is not the critics who must prove anything it is up to Jaylon to prove himself. He will get the chance to do that and it rest on his shoulders to step up or step out.

JBS

Reaction score
Not really. He sucks? I would agree he has not lived up to his draft status and should not have been handed an extension on his contract. My only claim is not attacking anyone only stating it is not the critics who must prove anything it is up to Jaylon to prove himself. He will get the chance to do that and it rest on his shoulders to step up or step out.

he doesn’t suck?

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Why do I get the feeling PFF creates one of these for every team?

“Titan (Jaguars, Jets, Raiders, etc.) rookies Joe Blow and Ron Smith are PFF’s highest rated linebackers this week […]”
Im curious why you went with Ron Smith.

Do you know a Ron Smith that is very generic

Kingofholland

Reaction score
I would be surprised if Jaylon isn't here this season. Unless he was a bad locker room guy there's no benefit to cutting him. A trade? I can't see it happening.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
he doesn’t suck?

He has not lived up to his draft status or his salary increase. Does he suck??? 3rd in the NFL in tackles with 154 not exactly sucks but again I don't think he has lived up to the draft status and the expectations place on him.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Jaylon can’t move and LVE is made of glass. They are both gone. If Neal plays well he is gone as well. The Cowboys have sunk lots of money at linebacker. Time to put the resources into the defensive line.

If LVE plays a full season at a high level, then Dallas will try to re-sign him. If Jaylon plays a full season at a high level, then Dallas will likely restructure him. I don't see anyway they keep both because they both would be relatively high-paid linebackers. But those of you who have already drawn conclusions about both linebackers will be wrong IF either plays at a high level.

We have not sunk lots of money into linebacker. We've sunk a lot of resources (two first-round picks and a second), but other than Jaylon's deal, our drafted players (LVE, Parsons and Cox) are on rookie deals. Neal is getting $5 million for this season. Lawrence at $25 million this year is making more than Jaylon ($9.8 million), Neal, LVE ($3.7 million), Parsons ($3.1 million) and Cox ($853,000) put together.

JBS

Reaction score
He has not lived up to his draft status or his salary increase. Does he suck??? 3rd in the NFL in tackles with 154 not exactly sucks but again I don't think he has lived up to the draft status and the expectations place on him.

interesting. coaching staff just decided to completely take him off the field save for select situations bc he’s good. Good to know.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
interesting. coaching staff just decided to completely take him off the field save for select situations bc he’s good. Good to know.

I have said he has pressure on because we got 2 young guys who are showing themselves, he will get his opportunities and he has to make the most of it if he hope to turn things around. I clearly stated that at the beginning of this discussion did you miss that part? You asked how if I felt he sucked? I said he has not lived up to the draft status or the increase in pay but no I don't think a guy ranked 3 in tackles in the NFL overall sucks, I think he has played like a jag but the expectation on him was well beyond playing avg ball

JBS

Reaction score
I have said he has pressure on because we got 2 young guys who are showing themselves, he will get his opportunities and he has to make the most of it if he hope to turn things around. I clearly stated that at the beginning of this discussion did you miss that part? You asked how if I felt he sucked? I said he has not lived up to the draft status or the increase in pay but no I don't think a guy ranked 3 in tackles in the NFL overall sucks, I think he has played like a jag but the expectation on him was well beyond playing avg ball

This has absolutely nothing to do with his expectations. Zero. It’s beyond that. It’s whether he even deserves to be on the field. And the answer is no. Bc he isn’t good.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
This has absolutely nothing to do with his expectations. Zero. It’s beyond that. It’s whether he even deserves to be on the field. And the answer is no. Bc he isn’t good.

nobody here wants him to suck. what’s wrong w you people? Sounds as if you made up your mind. Only thing I can agree with you on is what is wrong with you people?

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Why would you give LVE an average of 15 million for one season after he has been demoted to a run down linebacker? You LVE homers make me laugh.:rolleyes::laugh:

Who says he's been demoted???? Secondly, if he stays healthy and plays a full season, I don't us letting him walk and his history with injuries makes a long-term deal tricky. So I can see him getting tagged to prove it one more year.

Plankton

Reaction score
Again, it will be a real shame when we don't use all of our talent and waste snaps on Jaylon this year. McCarthy's not lying when he says this is the best LB group he's ever had. Jaylon Smith isn't one of the reasons why.

Now that I have thought about it, even though there would be no cap relief at all in 2021 for cutting him due to his salary fully guaranteeing back in March, the Cowboys may be better off letting Smith go now. They would have the same dead money hit next season, and everything this year is already a sunk cost. But, and this is the big consideration, his 2022 salary is guaranteed for injury as we speak. If they get rid of him, any chance of that coming back to bite them goes away.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
I was admiring the way Parsons unleashed full body tackles on ball carriers and immediately thought of Dick Butkus. Both Butkus and Parsons have a listed playing height and weight at 6'3" 245 lbs. Speed the biggest difference between the 2, I think Parsons is going wreck havoc on the league for some time.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Why do I get the feeling PFF creates one of these for every team?

“Titan (Jaguars, Jets, Raiders, etc.) rookies Joe Blow and Ron Smith are PFF’s highest rated linebackers this week […]”
They dont.

They werent to fond of Trey Lance or Trevor Lawrence performance

kumizi

Reaction score
Parsons looks like a stud. The only questions about him are/were maturity issues. Lets just hope he doesn't go down the Zeke career path.