PFF rank Cowboys OL 2nd for 2018 season

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Dallas would be number one on this list if the Iggles didn't win the Super Bowl.

That's what kills Eagles fans. The Cowboys haven't won a Super Bowl in 22 years but are still America's Team. The Eagles won the Super Bowl five months ago...but nobody outside of Philly gives a rat's **s.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Not sure if we watched different NFL seasons,they didnt miss a beat after losing Peters and for that alone they should be no 1 .

You are not wrong, but it just means the Eagles had a better backup tackle than the Cowboys did with Chaz Green. Most Division 1 college teams have a better option than Chaz Green, so I'm not making Philly number one for that.;)

NotForLong

Reaction score
jour·ney·man
ˈjərnēmən/
noun
  1. 1.
    a worker or sports player who is reliable but not outstanding

I think the description is accurate.
No way. so they lose a league great offensive tackle. And we lose a league great tackle. But their 5th ed pick from the same draft as our 4th rd QB who everybody snickered was better then their 1st rd 2nd over all pick. Yet it was their 5th rd pick who was integral to their super bowl run. While our 4th rd pick flamed out. And their 2nd over all didn't even factor in.

Remember when we though we were so smart. Arrogant even. There's a dose of reality.

Sometimes I actually believed the reason people wanted to see Dak succeed was just to stick a finger in the Eagles eye.

Talk about last laughs

CPanther95

Reaction score
Dallas would be number one on this list if the Iggles didn't win the Super Bowl.

That's what kills Eagles fans. The Cowboys haven't won a Super Bowl in 22 years but are still America's Team. The Eagles won the Super Bowl five months ago...but nobody outside of Philly gives a rat's **s.

Unless Jerry sells the rights to the slogan, they'd be "America's Team" even if they moved to Mexico City.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
No way. so they lose a league great offensive tackle. And we lose a league great tackle. But their 5th ed pick from the same draft as our 4th rd QB who everybody snickered was better then their 1st rd 2nd over all pick. Yet it was their 5th rd pick who was integral to their super bowl run. While our 4th rd pick flamed out. And their 2nd over all didn't even factor in.

Remember when we though we were so smart. Arrogant even. There's a dose of reality.

Sometimes I actually believed the reason people wanted to see Dak succeed was just to stick a finger in the Eagles eye.

Talk about last laughs

So after 32 games Dak has already flamed out? When after eight weeks last season he was just as good, if not better, than he was in 2016 (prior to the Zeke suspension and the o-line injuries?).

And the Eagles went on their playoff run with Nick Foles, not Wentz, under center. The reason? Superior coaching and supporting cast.

NotForLong

Reaction score
So after 32 games Dak has already flamed out? When after eight weeks last season he was just as good, if not better, than he was in 2016 (prior to the Zeke suspension and the o-line injuries?).

And the Eagles went on their playoff run with Nick Foles, not Wentz, under center. The reason? Superior coaching and supporting cast.
Yes he did great and then he flamed out. That's what I said and that's what you said. Why so hostile

And Foles is a former pro bowler

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Yes he did great and then he flamed out. That's what I said and that's what you said. Why so hostile

And Foles is a former pro bowler

Sorry if I sounded hostile, nothing personal. It's just that I think Dak set the bar so ridiculously high as a rookie the only way he's ever going to live up to that standard is to win a Super Bowl.

Dak may have "flamed out", or he may have actually overachieved given the fact his pass protection disappeared, Zeke was gone for six weeks, and he had arguably the slowest group of receivers and tight ends in the NFL.

mcmvp

Reaction score
Sorry if I sounded hostile, nothing personal. It's just that I think Dak set the bar so ridiculously high as a rookie the only way he's ever going to live up to that standard is to win a Super Bowl.

Dak may have "flamed out", or he may have actually overachieved given the fact his pass protection disappeared, Zeke was gone for six weeks, and he had arguably the slowest group of receivers and tight ends in the NFL.

I think some fans, and the Rookie of the Year voters, just gave Dak far too much credit for the success the Cowboys had that year. It’s clear as day that Zeke was the real ROY. For God’s sake they ranked 1st in the NFL in rushing attempts, and 30th in pass attempts. And it’s not as if they were just running a lot because they wanted to kill the clock with big leads (they had 7 wins of a TD or less in 2016).

Maybe Dak overachieved a little...but that’s only considering where he was drafted. His responsibilities were limited because of the running attack, but he played very well.

This isn’t Dak’s fault...it’s just the reality of the situation. He just got too much credit for 2016. It happens all the time with QBs. They also take too much blame sometimes. It’s the nature of the position.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'll agree to disagree. They were especially great during that Super Bowl win. And that was with a journeyman, backup left tackle. To me, they're the best until someone proves otherwise.

It's a tough pill to swallow, especially considering what we've invested in our line vs theirs.

And if we have any hopes of overtaking the Eagles, our line and their performance has to overtake theirs.

Problem is that we don't have their D to fall back on. Dallas is going to be fighting to stay out of cellar this year in the NFC East. We did nothing to close the gap vs philly while NY and Washington made big moves to improve.

SportsGuru80

CowboysYanksLakers
Reaction score
They have a bizarre love affair with the Eagles OL.

And despite their preseason ranking of #1 last year and then a SB run, their OL wasn't the best OL in football last year.

Uh their O-line has quality depth and they are skilled.