PFF ranks Dak's accuracy

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
What is the point you are getting at? Is it our ability to score? If this is where we are going, we were 22nd in the league in scoring, both overall and PPG, In 2017 we were 14th in Total Pts and PPG. The year before that, we were 5th in PPG and Total Pts. Clearly, we are going backwards as an Offense. Now, there are a lot of things that contribute to that but the one thing that is clear is that we are not getting better in this area, as a team. We are getting much worse, year over year. This, to me, lends itself to the proposition that we are not doing a good enough job of forcing the opposition to respect our entire offense and forcing the defense to defend the entire field. They have figured out what we can and can not do well. In order to change the paradigm, we must improve on certain aspects of our game and that improvement must come in our ability to throw the ball. Now this is tricky because we are not a passing team, per say. We are a running team and that's fine, I am actually good with that but what does that mean? It means that we must be able to take advantage of the opportunities a strong run game affords you. If you can't do that, then teams have no fear of giving up something because they know you can't take advantage of it on a consistent basis. In order to really be good, we must be able to make these teams pay for making a choice defensively. If you want to play 8 and 9 man fronts, OK, but you are going to pay for it. That's where we need to be as an Offense and we are not. We are not, in part, because we fail to be consistent in our passing game. Plays that should be 6 are often first downs because of accuracy. Plays that should be six are 3 and outs because we flat miss. These things happen to us and that needs to be corrected if we are ever going to challenge for a championship. JMO

Why would you use bulk PPG and bulk YPG instead of yards per drive and points per drive?

HungryLion

Reaction score
Anorher interesting piece by PFF

This is why any stat that relies on a human to interpret what is happening, is a risky measure to go off of

That’s why I personally prefer more traditional statistice to evaluate players such as, comp. percentage, YPA, TD/Int ratio, etc

Same for running backs. Yards per carry is one of the most important.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
This is why any stat that relies on a human to interpret what is happening, is a risky measure to go off of

That’s why I personally prefer more traditional statistice to evaluate players such as, comp. percentage, YPA, TD/Int ratio, etc

Same for running backs. Yards per carry is one of the most important.

YPC, yards after contact per carry, and % of carries against loaded boxes for me when it comes to RBs.