PFF ranks every team's 2024 RBs unit (1 - 32)

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Hunter moved up to #3 on the depth chart after mini camp. I want to see more of what he can do. Year two jump may surprise us.
Luepke was with the first team because he's the #1 FB. It wouldn't be physically possible for him to take snaps with the 2nd team RBs on another part of the field.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
I would have less problem with it if it's a late first on a top RB. Taking them four overall with more impactful ten year type players available is what I take issue with. The only way for the Zeke pick to have worked out is if they won a Super Bowl in those early years or if he would have been an Emmitt Smith top RB for several years which doesn't happen anymore.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
I would have less problem with it if it's a late first on a top RB. Taking them four overall with more impactful ten year type players available is what I take issue with. The only way for the Zeke pick to have worked out is if they won a Super Bowl in those early years or if he would have been an Emmitt Smith top RB for several years which doesn't happen anymore.
10,000 APY
80 TDs

We got our moneys worth.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
No, then trade him and let him get overpaid somewhere else and actually build a SB contending team.
Guess Parsons is gonna get the same treatment?

Use him up on his Rookie contract.

When his speed starts to go, trade him.

No 2nd contract?

8/

That’s not how Dallas has treated its Star players.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
If that's what you go by. But the guy that many thought they should have got in the 2nd round has better numbers.
I guess.

Zeke is 3rd RB in Dallas history. TonyD and Emmitt are in front.

Don’t see how haters can legit hate on his career numbers.

He deserved to get paid.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
I am glad Zeke is back. I think he can help the team in the right situations. Short yardage, goal line like inside the 5, and of course pass protection.

However, I did not like that they did not address it in the draft. Zeke as we know is not the #1 RB as he used to be.
I think they can be better than many think. But that depends on the OL as well, obviously.
Agree.

His elite speed is gone.

But everything else is still there.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Guess Parsons is gonna get the same treatment?

Use him up on his Rookie contract.

When his speed starts to go, trade him.

No 2nd contract?

8/

That’s not how Dallas has treated its Star players.
That's also why we can't win anything significant.

Over pay your star players, then cut them and have dead cap space.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Really on the chiefs RB room? Their RB 1 Isaiah Pacheco played 14 games last year and rushed for 935 yards, averaging 4.6 yards per carry. In the 2022 playoffs, he averaged 5.3 yards per carry. In his 2022 rookie season, he didn’t start until several games in the season and average 4.9 ypc.

Sure having Pat Mahomes is huge but I would take Pacheco in heartbeat over anyone we have now at RB.
rofl... dudes will argue just to argue but alas... it is the off off-season.

KC had more Rushing fumbles last year than rushing TDs, 10 to 9. As a team they averaged 4.3 yards per carry and rushed it for almost 200 yards less than Dallas as a team.

Also note I never suggested there were league worst, I just said they ain't been great. And they haven't. And that it didn't matter and it hasn't. You did all that windmill tilting then named one guy.
Yes, Pacheco is a solid back. He has 375 carries in his 2-year career and has averaged ~880 yards per year: never topping 1k yards rushing.
Would I take him over any Dallas back? Of course. He is on a rookie, make nothing deal entering year 3 and has some juice to him.
But it doesn't push him into PFF's top half of rushing rooms.
Nor has it pushed KC into the top half of team rushing totals.

And to be frank, it is unlikely KC outperforms Dallas in team rushing this year either.
McCarthy certainly favors the urn more than Reid.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
No, then trade him and let him get overpaid somewhere else and actually build a SB contending team.
It is shocking to me that people refuse to accept this as a viable strategy to be better. Especially after fatty completely tanked once he got paid. Imagine if we had traded him for two first round picks and spent the money well in free agency. We could be competing for super bowls. Instead we are back to square one.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
It is shocking to me that people refuse to accept this as a viable strategy to be better. Especially after fatty completely tanked once he got paid. Imagine if we had traded him for two first round picks and spent the money well in free agency. We could be competing for super bowls. Instead we are back to square one.
Post of the morning

SportsGuru80

CowboysYanksLakers
Reaction score
I agree with this list.... Dallas had multiple opportunities to address the RB position whether the draft or free agency.