Twitter: PFF Showing Love To Israel Mukuamu

shabazz

Reaction score
The Cowboys are going to have a pretty solid secondary at some point this year. May not be flashy names but they will get the job done. Hopefully it won't take more than 4-6 games for them to start jelling.

......like all good corners, they need to have the pass rushers do their job well

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Something we have going for us with Mukuamu is that while he isnt ever going to be an NFL CB, he is battle tested playing across from Horn in the SEC. Could make him less of a project than originally thought
He has only practiced/played Safety with the Cowboys.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Do I dare hope we actually get above average safety play this year?

Mukuamu and hooker might be a great combo

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I agree, great DBs....but put in Canady in there. For some reason, me thinks Brown could be trade bait. Even if just for draft pick.

I'd be fine with trading Brown and keeping Canady. We finally have wealth there. Considering we drafted Brown in the 6th round and got as much as we did out of him is impressive. I'd imagine we can get a 4th for him. That'd be quite the trade.

Creeper

Reaction score
The Cowboys, for a first time in a long time are going to have some tough decisions to make in the secondary. It is not that there are a lot of great players but they have a bunch of guys who show promise. They need to get this right.

But how many safeties are they going to carry? And CBs? And LBs.

Mr_437

Reaction score

Didn’t realize he was being utilized in so many ways.

Wonder does DQ move every Safety the same way or is Isreal M. really doing something?

I like this player in the draft thought he could man up those pass catching TEs. IM looks to be able to do much more, but it'll be tough for him to make the team with Hooker getting into the picture.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Cowboys, for a first time in a long time are going to have some tough decisions to make in the secondary. It is not that there are a lot of great players but they have a bunch of guys who show promise. They need to get this right.

But how many safeties are they going to carry? And CBs? And LBs.

Hard to say but the final roster could look something like this.

QB
Gilbert
Rush

RB
Pollard
Elliott

WR
Lamb
Copper
Gallup
Wilson

TE
Jarwin
Schultz

OT
Smith
Collins
Ball

OG
Martin
Williams
McGovern

OC
Biadasz

DE
Lawrence
Gregory
Golston

DT
Urban
Osa
Banana

LB
Parsons
Vander Esch
Neal
Cox

CB
Howard *TRADE
Gilmore *TRADE
Henderson *TRADE
Sherman *FA
Kirkpatrick *FA
Joseph
Diggs
Lewis
Dunbar *FA
A. Brown
Canady
Conley *FA
Wright
Mukuamu
Burton
K. Brown
Robinson
Goodwin
*Camp Cut
*Camp Cut
*Camp Cut

S
Hooker
Wilson

LS
McQuaide

K
Zuerlein

P
Niswander

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
Lewis could be the odd man out. He hasn’t been out there much. And he’s small, this Def staff doesn’t like small players regardless of position. I wouldn’t be surprised if the starting CB’s are

Diggs
Wright
Canady

week 1(they’ll keep brown as insurance) for all 3 positions.