PFF: Top-10 NFL Guards heading into the 2024 season

McKDaddy

Reaction score
This is a much more accurate list than most I have seen.

Ya'll notice three right guards listed above Zack? Yet he somehow first string All Pro.

Could it be that it's voted on by a panel of media members?

Some of ya'll will catch up to what I've been telling ya.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Wow, didn't realize Cosmi was that good.
Yeah, the young guys are taking over.

Most people who argue who's the best at a position can't name more than 3-4 at the position and do nothing to educate themselves.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score

Ya'll notice three right guards listed above Zack? Yet he somehow first string All Pro.

I mean this not disrespectfully but as a genuine question…

What are you talking about?

gtb1943

Reaction score

No we just reject what you claim

StarOfGlory

Reaction score
According to the metrics, Landon Dickerson gave his QB more time in the pocket than any guard in the league and isn't top ten? He should be top three.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score

Always happens to offensive line. Larry Allen, Big E, can think of a few Cowboys who probably got voted longer based on their legacy in their prime. Not a high profile position, they should let coaches vote on it.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
According to the metrics, Landon Dickerson gave his QB more time in the pocket than any guard in the league and isn't top ten? He should be top three.
PFF doesn’t grade him out super high against the run. He got a 67 last year which is pretty average.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
I mean this not disrespectfully but as a genuine question…

What are you talking about?
No worries.

I like to think that halfway knowledgeable football fans can watch the action on the field & walk away with the same or very similar conclusions. Unfortunately that isn't true.

I began to point out a couple years ago that Zack was no longer the dominant player he once was. The vast majority disagreed with my assessment. Some quite vigorously. Since then, more people have warmed to the idea but it's become a pet peeve of mine when some insist he's still the best G in football. So, I have to give the defenders a little poke when things like this show up suggesting low & behold my assessment that he has fallen down the pecking order of RG's and G's in general has been right all along.

There is a certain segment of the zone that is 2-3 years behind knowledgeable posters. But I'm sure you have noticed that too.

Have a good weekend & cheerio!!

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Always happens to offensive line. Larry Allen, Big E, can think of a few Cowboys who probably got voted longer based on their legacy in their prime. Not a high profile position, they should let coaches vote on it.
It's absolutely not a new pattern. Just like generally taking a year or two longer than they should to get voted in. Lag on both ends. Name brands get remembered especially when you have media voting it in. Players should vote for sure.

Zack made a great first impression and deserved all the accolades early in his career. The last few seasons should not have seen him rewarded or regarded in the same manner. That's just cold hard facts that should be visible to everyone in high def.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Best time to break in a new center; between two All Pro Guards
If we can get that center play up near anywhere near their level, we'll have one of the best interiors in the game. The tackle spots are a different story, but that could be one tough interior.

Tussinman

Reaction score

The other 2 all pro teams that Canton recognize (SN and PWFA) are coaches for one and pro writers for the other. He made 1st team for both so it wasn't just a specific panel voting just for him