PFF: Top-10 NFL Guards heading into the 2024 season

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Wonder why we have two all pro guards but it doesn’t show up in the run game?
I think it mainly had to do with taking a speed back whose strength is in space and trying to run him between the tackles with an inside zone run scheme. I still don't know why our run coordinators tried to fit a square peg in a round hole.

I don't know how the running game will do this year because of the backs we have, but they are at least a better fit for what we showed that we wanted to do. But watch them switch to an outside zone scheme this year.

Jfconrow

Reaction score
They went from a train wreck of an OL to all 1st and 2nd rounders. Beebe being a 3rd was a steal. They fixed the OL in 2 years, pretty good.

kumizi

Reaction score
They went from a train wreck of an OL to all 1st and 2nd rounders. Beebe being a 3rd was a steal. They fixed the OL in 2 years, pretty good.
Steele is one of the worst Tackles in the league and Martin is about to retire.

Jfconrow

Reaction score
Steele is one of the worst Tackles in the league and Martin is about to retire.
Beebe can take over for Martin an might start at C until then. So LT to RG is pretty solid, more then enough to run the ball and protect Dak

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Our weakness on the OL has been an undersized center. Biadacz has a big dog fight in him but he just gets pushed back. Beebe as center will go a long way to restoring the Cowboys as the dominant interior OL in the league. Our guards are great but they need that enforcement.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
And there's another reason to NOT move Tyler to OLT. Dude is a beast at OG, but subpar at OLT.
Exactly......hell, you could argue moving him to LT creates a question mark at TWO positions. We KNOW he's a damn good LG

Creeper

Reaction score
Two top 10 OGs and they couldn't run the football. How bad must the rest of the offensive line been?

I thought Cosmi was a liability for Washington's porous offensive line.

gtb1943

Reaction score
No worries.

I like to think that halfway knowledgeable football fans can watch the action on the field & walk away with the same or very similar conclusions. Unfortunately that isn't true.

I began to point out a couple years ago that Zack was no longer the dominant player he once was. The vast majority disagreed with my assessment. Some quite vigorously. Since then, more people have warmed to the idea but it's become a pet peeve of mine when some insist he's still the best G in football. So, I have to give the defenders a little poke when things like this show up suggesting low & behold my assessment that he has fallen down the pecking order of RG's and G's in general has been right all along.

There is a certain segment of the zone that is 2-3 years behind knowledgeable posters. But I'm sure you have noticed that too.

Have a good weekend & cheerio!!
So your agenda was to talk down Zach for the last two years and you just kept it up. Does not sound like good football judgement to me.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
So your agenda was to talk down Zach for the last two years and you just kept it up. Does not sound like good football judgement to me.
I'm not talking him down, his play has fallen off. Just an honest evaluation rather than blind homerism.

I just showed you a legit organization has him listed as the 7th best G. 7th best isn't 1st team All Pro. Which is all I've ever said. He's no longer dominant. People who follow this team closely shouldn't have to have this pointed out. Perhaps review your own judgement.

gtb1943

Reaction score
I'm not talking him down, his play has fallen off. Just an honest evaluation rather than blind homerism.

I just showed you a legit organization has him listed as the 7th best G. 7th best isn't 1st team All Pro. Which is all I've ever said. He's no longer dominant. People who follow this team closely shouldn't have to have this pointed out. Perhaps review your own judgement.
Legit organization. How many did you have to search for to find it?
I will stick with those that voted him All Pro as has been done for many decades rather than any bunch you did up

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Legit organization. How many did you have to search for to find it?
I will stick with those that voted him All Pro as has been done for many decades rather than any bunch you did up
You realize I'm not the OP?

I didn't search for anything. Is that plain enough?

mcmvp

Reaction score
No Landon Dickerson? lol…not much of a list then

quickccc

Reaction score
I am so proud of Tyler.......this young man has been all business. He has a serious look every time you see him.......LOL

thanks for sharing ...

So " declining" near retirement Martin is still considered a top 10 OG in NFL ?

BTW, he's not gonna retire,. he'll be playing for another NFL team bcuz he still thinks he can be on a high NFL level.
just maybe not in this coaching system, under this current OL coach