Twitter: PFF Top Grades on Defense: Cowboys in Week 2

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Heath might have had his best game of his career on sunday. He was where he needed to be all day. I was slightly impressed. Awuzie looked good as well but hard to tell going against Commanders #2 wr, who is it anyway lol. Mcclaurin was givin byron some work tho

bsbellomy

Reaction score
Heath might have had his best game of his career on sunday. He was where he needed to be all day. I was slightly impressed. Awuzie looked good as well but hard to tell going against Commanders #2 wr, who is it anyway lol. Mcclaurin was givin byron some work tho

You lose all goodwill with me when a ball hits you on the side of the head. These PFF grades are garbage anyway and they always have been.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
You lose all goodwill with me when a ball hits you on the side of the head. These PFF grades are garbage anyway and they always have been.
It was a bad play in terms of playmaking but he did technically break up the pass and was in position to make a play. I still dont think hes a very good player and should have been replaced

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
A few years ago, he was graded in the 80s for the entire season. He has bright moments, but he’s the definition of stopgap.
16 and 17 were his best years. He is best working in pass situations only. He didnt have many run snaps both those years. This year he would be ranked a top safety in the league if his abysmal 29.7 run def grade wasnt dragging him down

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
16 and 17 were his best years. He is best working in pass situations only. He didnt have many run snaps both those years. This year he would be ranked a top safety in the league if his abysmal 29.7 run def grade wasnt dragging him down

Seems like they could solve the problem by moving Heath to FS and starting Wilson at SS...for now.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Seems like they could solve the problem by moving Heath to FS and starting Wilson at SS...for now.
I still dont think it would help. His poor angles, poor instincts, and play recognition hurt him as a full time srarter at either spot. Hes best when hes in just to play the pass