Twitter: PFF Top Grades on Defense: Cowboys in Week 2

Rayman70

Reaction score
it matters who's grading the "papers" guys and gals. You could get a dozen different grades if you used a dozen other sources. NEXT

Sydla

Reaction score
Another guy thats killing it is jourdan lewis. Hes ranked on pff as the 6th best corner in the nfl

It seems so easy this offseason.

Figure out a way to get Jones signed as one CB, Awuzie is your other outside guy and then you let Brown walk in FA and Lewis is your slot guy.

My gut says they let Jones walk and Brown is brought back and they try him outside and I think that would be a mistake.

INCowboysFan

Reaction score
I understand that, but the Cowboys don't need a cover CB. They need a dual-threat Safety that can do it all. Since he grew up a Cowboys fan, and if I were Jerry, I would offer him a spot as a dual-threat Safety on America's Team. Take it or leave it.

It doesn't matter anyhow, since the Cowboys announced recently they weren't interested in Ramsey.
At this point, the can't offer Ramsey anything to take or leave. They can only deal with the Jags, which they evidently have chosen not to.

texbumthelife

Reaction score

...and some people want to bench or get rid of Jeff Heath?

:facepalm:

He was playing that SS/LB hybrid a lot more in week two and I think that's his best role. He's actually a great Blitzer and has good instincts defending the run. I know some people want him back in single high because he's gotten some picks from that look, but I don't think that's his best role.

Rayman70

Reaction score
an upgrade over Heath would make a WORLD of difference on the interior D line. They affect each other. Woods and whomever, as long as they are just a little better than heath with coverages and instincts...would actually help the dline get to the QB and stop the run.

Sydla

Reaction score
Yes, I know but are you saying because of their past assessments on Heath that they can't have an honest assessment on his performance from last week?

No.

I am saying that one game shouldn't dictate what kind of player Heath is. You are championing Heath here based on a PFF grade from one game (he got a poor grade in this first game, I believe) and trying to mock fans who think he shouldn't be the starting SS here.

But that's a stupid analysis because the same grading method you are championing here as proof people are wrong to want Heath replaced literally has ranked Heath as one of the worst starting safeties in football the last two seasons.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
No.

I am saying that one game shouldn't dictate what kind of player Heath is. You are championing Heath here based on a PFF grade from one game (he got a poor grade in this first game, I believe) and trying to mock fans who think he shouldn't be the starting SS here.

But that's a stupid analysis because the same grading method you are championing here as proof people are wrong to want Heath replaced literally has ranked Heath as one of the worst starting safeties in football the last two seasons.
Nobody is championing anybody. Control your emotions. This is simply an assessment from one group of people who do this for a living. If you don't like it, move along.

PS: The Cowboys obviously think highly enough to not only start Heath but also make him one of their captains. Deal with it.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Deion Sanders and Barry Sanders... I always admired Deion for his swag and talent before we got him. Barry is in the same elite company as Earl and Walter,Jim Brown. LOVE EMMITT...but we gave him the pieces in front of him to help.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
On the AP rushind TD he missed a tackle in the backfield bad.
You right. Had to go back and watch it. Was at my son's football game didn't get to watch the game until it was halfway thru the 2nd quarter. I tried to stream it but internet sucked at the field.

Sydla

Reaction score
Nobody is championing anybody. Control your emotions. This is simply an assessment from one group of people who do this for a living. If you don't like it, move along.

PS: The Cowboys obviously think highly enough to not only start Heath but also make him one of their captains. Deal with it.

You literally started this thread by mocking fans who wanted Heath replaced because of his grade in the Skins game. So it's only fair to point out that the grading method you wanted to use here to prove you were right about Heath had also ranked him as one of the worst starting safeties in football the last two seasons.

The Cowboys also thought Nick Hayden was a quality starting 1T for a few years. They are capable of being wrong and are so now with Heath. He's an average to below average starting SS in this league.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
You literally started this thread by mocking fans who wanted Heath replaced because of his grade in the Skins game. So it's only fair to point out that the grading method you wanted to use here to prove you were right about Heath had also ranked him as one of the worst starting safeties in football the last two seasons.

The Cowboys also thought Nick Hayden was a quality starting 1T for a few years. They are capable of being wrong and are so now with Heath. He's an average to below average starting SS in this league.
mock·ing
/ˈmäkiNG/
Learn to pronounc
adjective
  1. making fun of someone or something in a cruel way; derisive.
Show me where I ever made fun of someone or something in a cruel way when starting this thread?

Sydla

Reaction score
mock·ing
/ˈmäkiNG/
Learn to pronounc
adjective
  1. making fun of someone or something in a cruel way; derisive.
Show me where I ever made fun of someone or something in a cruel way when starting this thread?

I kind of expected this from you. After getting caught making a silly point and having no real comeback, resort to nitpicking one unimportant aspect of the debate.Semantics. Your post was "and people want to replace Heath" with a head slapping emoji. You were calling out people for wanting Heath replaced because PFF graded him well in his last game.

The same PFF that has rated him one of the worst starting safeties in football over the last two seasons.

Why does PFF's grade against Washington matter and carry weight but their grades over the past two seasons, apparently not count, when it comes to who is right or wrong about Heath's play?