Twitter: PFF top LBers through week 13

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
Finally, a PFF list I can agree with, although Leighton has looked way better than Kuechly this season.

In Kuechly's defense though, it's kind of hard to get going and diagnose plays when your defensive line gets pushed back into you every play.

DasSchnitzel

Reaction score
I wonder if any team has ever had 2 LBs in the top 7 since PFF began doing this.

DCreppinBoysfan

Reaction score
We could use Lee to cover Ertz his weekend....that much I do agree with. He’s our best cover linebacker

erod

Reaction score
Further evidence that LVE should not be sitting on the sidelines replaced by Sean Lee.

Move Jaylon to the strong side and put Lee at weak side. But whatever they decide to do LVE has to be on the field. He has become too important to just park on the sidelines.
And when he turns up hurt from overplay?

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Waste of resources on a guy who wouldn't play a ton since we play a heavy dose of nickel defense.

Wilson is the ideal 3rd LB if you can get him back on a cheapish deal IMO.

I'm guessing Covington will get strong consideration to replacing Wilson .....

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
Insanity. LBs are not QBs. There are plenty of snaps to go around, and keeping LVE fresh needs to be a priority.

I think he means that it makes more sense to spend resources elsewhere considering we have two pro bowl/maybe even all-pro caliber LBers already.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Lance Briggs.

Patrick Willis and Navarro Bowman.

Willis and Bowman made the middle of the field like a black hole. Just awesome tandem. Jaylon and LVE have a 5-6 year window to reach and maintain that elite level. Looks like we won't have to wait too long for that.

reddyuta

Reaction score
Bobby Wagner is one of the main reasons I kind of hope we don't play the Seahawks in the playoffs...seriously. That guy is amazing, Luke Kuechley too.

he is genius, he is always at the right place at the right time.

cern

Reaction score
individual rankings notwithstanding, the combo of vanderesch and smith is probably the best in the nfl currently.

DasSchnitzel

Reaction score
Davis and Kuechly and Urlacher and that one guy for the Bears were formidable tandems for years.

Urchlacher and Briggs predate PFF, yeah? could be wrong but I thought PFF was only about 5 to 10 years old, I wanna say Urlacher retired around 07 or 08.

Davis and Kuechly are the only pair I can think of in that time frame which might be both in top 7. I wouldn't count Suggs and Lewis because EDGE is so different from typical LB