Twitter: PFF- Trevor Lawrence to Dallas?

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’m a big Dak fan but I’d give him up for a 1. Unfortunately it will take more than that I’d like to keep the #4 pick

I have to back up and say that there is definitely an actuary calculation involved in ANY player. But...Giving two high picks (or more) to move up 3 spots? For lawrence? No way.

Maybe if we sat at 13 or so.

I say sit tight. Keep our QB's with Dak as a floater for now. We're not going anywhere even if we shed Dak Money...if we don't Fix.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
No QB is going to be walking through that door that is going to lead this team to the Promised Land without a complete team.

Peeps rag Dak for needing one and I get it, but they all do.

Lawrence is not the cure for all the ills of this team.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Y'all living in a fantasy world. Daddy Jerry said dak was his man. So therefore, we ain't getting one of the savior qbs. Its not rocket science. Besides we need an offensive line to keep the ones we got from getting killed.

Exactly. We want to pick up (what some THINK is) The Golden Child.....then have him get killed (like two QB's already) because we're still playing 3rd string Oline.

What in the sam he hockey sticks crazy logic is that?

The actuary ratio is way too low for me to give the nod on that.

starfan1

Reaction score
I have to back up and say that there is definitely an actuary calculation involved in ANY player. But...Giving two high picks (or more) to move up 3 spots? For lawrence? No way.

Maybe if we sat at 13 or so.

I say sit tight. Keep our QB's with Dak as a floater for now. We're not going anywhere even if we shed Dak Money...if we don't Fix.
Ya that’s what I meant you really are only giving up Dak which is a huge loss. But swap Dak and #1 pick but keep your 4th and take Lawerence and Parsons at 4.

unrealistic as it gets but the jets get a proven leader and star we get Barbie and reduced contract and we still have Garett

you have tag Dak and I think hed have veto ability .

I’d just assume pay Dak fix D but in my unrealistic scenario you can still improve team and get this generational talent (lol)

actually Jeff cavenaugh brought it up today

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ya that’s what I meant you really are only giving up Dak which is a huge loss. But swap Dak and #1 pick but keep your 4th and take Lawerence and Parsons at 4.

unrealistic as it gets but the jets get a proven leader and star we get Barbie and reduced contract and we still have Garett

you have tag Dak and I think hed have veto ability .

I’d just assume pay Dak fix D but in my unrealistic scenario you can still improve team and get this generational talent (lol)

actually Jeff cavenaugh brought it up today

Fair enough. Not horrible. Not sure I can watch her play QB for us...but I would try. :grin:

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
I am curious who the last 1st overall pick who was a QB, has had a long successful career?

Praxit

Reaction score
..hell with that, draft 2 more Martin's and 2 Troy Polamalu's. That should get us in right direction.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
So drafting defense leads to mediocreville?

Lets not forget that this is the same poster that told us Dalton would be better than Dak and would lead us to the playoffs.

Now he thinks ignoring the defense, drafting a rookie QB, and letting Dak walk is the solution to all our problems. :lmao2::lmao:

CWR

Reaction score
Its just not gonna happen. No way, no how. Sorry, its a fun thought but Dak is our ride or die. We are fortunate to have him.

lostar2009

Reaction score
Right now Cowboys#4. Probably won't be in reach. If Dak is healthy trade the pick to a needy team. We can easily rebound next year with the pics. Also save on the cap despite the Dak signing.

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
Give them our first this year and next + Dak and i will be fine with that... it will be a good move for Jerry to get TL.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score

In my reality, which I think is the same reality as this one, Barbie Lawrence has very little shot at falling to us. In my reality, we either go defence or Penei Sewell with our first pick.