Twitter: PFF- Trevor Lawrence to Dallas?

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Yeah that’s not the route I think you take.

The route you take is getting the Jets to actually provide Darnold with something around hI’m.

If you convince them of that then maybe they take Lamb in a trade with our pick.

If they come away with Lamv and Sewell that could go a long way for Darnold.

That is how I acquire Lawrence.. You get this guy on your team and you don’t look back.

Going into the final year of his deal, it would take a decision that even Al Davis would call stupid to trade out of the top pick to take the QB you see as best and *then* try and flip Darnold to a team that misses out, say Washington, for a second day pick

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
if he slips to 5 sure if not no phreaking way you leverage this draft And next for qb that could just end up being Wentz or Goff..far too much, not sure how they think this as we won't be top 3 anyway..

defense defense defense

you want A QB GO GET GUY LIKE TRASK OR EQUIVALENT AS INSURANCE TO DAK HOLDING OUT OR BEING TRADED..

the Jets are taking him no matter what if he slips the jags get him regardless Lawerence isnt an option for us

weve already discussed this the last 3 weeks another thread on it wont make it happen..

He’s not slipping and this league makes it to hard to defend anyways. It will be hard to ever have a legit defense.. How many legit D’s are there right now anyways?

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Dak haters are funny sometimes.

So Dak isn't good enough to get a huge contract to lead the Cowboys? So why would the Jets give us the number one overall pick, Trevor Lawrence, and pay Dak themselves??

Some agendas are so transparent. Sorry, Dak's the QB here next year.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I am a Dak fan (sorry Risen) and believe the team will ultimately sign him. BUT, if you are picking in the Top-5 or 10 of the draft, you better evaluate the available QBs......just in case. If you legitimately believe you can get better at the position then pull the trigger. After all, there is only so much cap space to go around.

Lawrence + 40mil/yr vs. Dak + our 1st round pick

That's what the trade off is looking like now. Though it's complicated by an impending drop in the cap, which should hammer free agent contracts next year from both ends. Cap goes down, dropping generally payscale, whie *existing* contracts are all scaled to previous projections of the cap, leaving free agents with *less* that their usual percentage of the cap.

Next year, cash should be king. Should be a buyers market for free agents. Good time *not* to have 40mil tied up in a QB.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Not as greedy as what Dak wants, think for once. Get those Dak glasses off for a while, he is not the answer to this team.
Dak has already come out and said publicly he doesnt deserve to paid as the highest paid in the league. This whole Dak is greedy mantra has already been debunked countless times.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Dak has already come out and said publicly he doesnt deserve to paid as the highest paid in the league. This whole Dak is greedy mantra has already been debunked countless times.

He’s also said the opposite and that it’s not a big deal how much he gets paid because the cal is always expanding.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Dak haters are funny sometimes.

So Dak isn't good enough to get a huge contract to lead the Cowboys? So why would the Jets give us the number one overall pick, Trevor Lawrence, and pay Dak themselves??

That's not just Dak haters, that's the usual wish-fulfillment fantasies of trade scenarios. The trade always sounds great because people dream of the other guy giving us *way* too much.

phildadon86

Reaction score
This is discussion from non-Cowboy fans who aren’t Dak homers.. Listen to those who don’t share your bias.
My bias? Your bias against Dak is amazingly known on this board. The best part is. You want to draft Lawrence, and if he busts. You want to get rid of him too.

phildadon86

Reaction score
He’s also said the opposite and that it’s not a big deal how much he gets paid because the cal is always expanding.
Way to have an objective view of what he said lol. You make me laugh. Now its Dak's fault the pandemic happened and the cap is going down too. lol. Jesus

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
To claify my earlier post, I fully understand the economics of this. Lawrence for five years vs. paying Dak right now makes a lot more sense cap-wise.

But why would another team take on that Dak contract? And what if the Cowboys ditch Prescott and find out Lawrence is the next Mitch Trubisky?

Better off just to hang onto Dak for at least one more year with the tag. If he and the o-line are healthy in 2021 we'll get a much better idea of what to do moving forward. Trevor Lawrence won't be the last franchise QB to ever declare for the draft.

jwitten82

Reaction score
Geez, this Lawrence thing is getting to Reggie Bush levels of over-hype.

For Reggie Bush being the "Best RB prospect since Barry Sanders", he sure proved all the "experts" right.
:facepalm:
Lol I was actually just thinking about that draft class last night, damn it was over hyped. Matt Leinart,Vince Young, Reggie Bush never panned out

blueblood70

Reaction score
He’s not slipping and this league makes it to hard to defend anyways. It will be hard to ever have a legit defense.. How many legit D’s are there right now anyways?
after actually watched video and see now what the hypothetical would be , first off the jets wont do that but if they do, maybe just our 4th and Dak..

i could be ok doing that..although i still rather stand put and grab the best defenders the first few rounds , getting Trevor for our 4th and dak could be a fair deal..we better find way to get our defense fixed..rounds 2-4

although daks salary no longer and issue maybe you go out heavy in FA and use the money on a S and DT then Draft a CB and LB or vice versa

Cowboys22

Reaction score
We will not win consistently untill we improve the defense.

Relieving the team of a long term burdensome contract to a mediocre QB and having a solid replacement on a rookie deal for for 5 years would do more to help improve the defense than taking a single top 5 player. It’s a no brainer if he was available but he won’t be unless something unforeseen happens.