Twitter: PFF- Trevor Lawrence to Dallas?

Cowboys22

Reaction score
Dak has already come out and said publicly he doesnt deserve to paid as the highest paid in the league. This whole Dak is greedy mantra has already been debunked countless times.

Yet he said no to everything short of it.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If we were smart...

This kid has Cowboy written all over him!
Expect fireworks in the upcoming draft as Jerry is not going down without a fight!

P.S.You ever consider that how much a winning Cowboy team translates for the NFL pockets?
Consider it......

phildadon86

Reaction score
Yet he said no to everything short of it.
He said no to the amount of years. And then on top of that agreed to the years and said no because Jerry wouldnt agree to not franchise him again. Try and keep up.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I think we keep Dak, but what he says isn’t entirely crazy.
IT does though why on earth would they trade the 1st overall pick for Dak? And I like Dak but he has no contract....and why on earth would Dak re-sign with the Cowboys in order to get traded to the Jets and ruin his career? This makes no sense at all lol.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Lawrence + 40mil/yr vs. Dak + our 1st round pick

That's what the trade off is looking like now. Though it's complicated by an impending drop in the cap, which should hammer free agent contracts next year from both ends. Cap goes down, dropping generally payscale, whie *existing* contracts are all scaled to previous projections of the cap, leaving free agents with *less* that their usual percentage of the cap.

Next year, cash should be king. Should be a buyers market for free agents. Good time *not* to have 40mil tied up in a QB.
There are no free agents out there though lol....everyone is locked up...Cowboys need pass rushers and linebackers........

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If I were Lawrence I'd refuse to play for the Cowboys until they hired a real GM. Why let his career get wasted by the Jones' buffoons? Same with the Jets and a few other randoms that are horribly managed.

That would be amazing for a QB to do an Elway/Eli to Jerry "The Hall of famer" Jones.LOL

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Dak "the mediocre" QB had the Cowboys averaging almost 33 points per game in his five starts (with a patchwork o-line). In the six games without him they've scored seven touchdowns, and four came in one game.

The Cowboys need new blood on the offensive line; playmakers on defense, and a coaching overhaul. If you guys think sticking Trevor Lawrence on this team with Terrence Steele and Brandon Knight blocking for him will solve all the problems; well, sorry.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
He said no to the amount of years. And then on top of that agreed to the years and said no because Jerry wouldnt agree to not franchise him again. Try and keep up.

I’m all caught up. They kept offering twice what he is truly worth and he kept saying no. The other crap is excuses and fluff. He gambled once to often and I hope it costs him his job in Dallas because he isn’t worth it. He’s a great guy but not worth the money.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
dang, the stats prescott slobbers are getting scared.

Most people on this site know you guys do this to try and rile people up. A lot of y'all are dumb but not stupid enough to not only think Jerry will let Dak go but actually go and get Lawrence and not improve this defense...you're not that slow....

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If they just tag Prescott and the cap falls to 175M, that's 20% of the cap to one player. Can they afford to do that or do they take a shot at Lawrence for whatever the #1 pick will cost them over the 4 years + option year?

The offense is set for a player like Lawrence to step in just like Prescott did when he was a rookie; however, the OL must get solid. Lawrence knows he'll struggle just like Darnold did but in Dallas, he could step into a rookie QB's best situation of the high pickers.

Then they can use the savings at QB on some badly needed D help and of course I am making assumptions here.

I have watched almost all of Lawrence's games and while he's not perfect, the team loses nothing by him taking over and he's a good athlete and runner and 6'6" mitigating as many blocked throws at the line.

The ancillary benefit to the team is they send the message, balk too much at negotiating and it's adios.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I’m all caught up. They kept offering twice what he is truly worth and he kept saying no. The other crap is excuses and fluff. He gambled once to often and I hope it costs him his job in Dallas because he isn’t worth it. He’s a great guy but not worth the money.

You hope it costs him.....man you are a low down individual....I hope you lose your job and it costs you.......

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
If they just tag Prescott and the cap falls to 175M, that's 20% of the cap to one player. Can they afford to do that or do they take a shot at Lawrence for whatever the #1 pick will cost them over the 4 years + option year?

The offense is set for a player like Lawrence to step in just like Prescott did when he was a rookie; however, the OL must get solid. Lawrence knows he'll struggle just like Darnold did but in Dallas, he could step into a rookie QB's best situation of the high pickers.

Then they can use the savings at QB on some badly needed D help and of course I am making assumptions here.

I have watched almost all of Lawrence's games and while he's not perfect, the team losses nothing by him taking over and he's a good athlete and runner and 6'6" mitigating as many blocked throws at the line.

The ancillary benefit to the team is they send the message, balk too much at negotiating and it's adios.

Y'all said this crap with Andy Dalton...."Cowboys lose nothing...."...we have seen that be proven to be false.