PFF weighs in

tomsanders921

Reaction score
Well, the D did get off the field and give the O opportunities. The D forced a 3 and out in the 2nd quarter and the Offense turned the ball over. The D forced a 3 and out to start the 3rd and the O scored the only TD of the game. The D forced two punts in the 4th Quarter and the O responded with a 3 and out of their own and an Interception. I mean, even at the end, we were only down 2. A FG wins the game and the O was never able to get it past mid field. The O had it's chances.
I agree. The offense had it's chances a they could never get anything going.

But I would still like to see the d make a stop when they know the saints are running on first down. There's no excuse to give up 6 yards on back to back 1st down plays when you know they are running.

When teams know we are running at the end, we are lucky to get a yard

scottsp

Reaction score
Defensive numbers on the surface appear to support the idea that the unit is rock solid. And perhaps they will be over the course of 16-plus. While many of us would kill for more impact in terms of playmaking (more specifically in turning over opponents), there are worse things than being “solid.”

Having stated that, this unit has faced a group of pedestrian passers the first month of the season. Manning and Keenum have since been benched; Rosen and Bridgewater are replacement level at this point.

Dallas has shown that it can handle anemic offenses. It will be interesting to see what’s in their bag when pitted against the more capable passing attacks.

This is not suggesting the defense blew the Saints game. Just an observation on this side of the ball to this point of 2019.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I think a chance-of-pace back like Tony Pollard could have helped the offense. The Saints were geared toward stopping Zeke. Pollard has more wiggle and is a different back. But it seems like the coaches didn't trust him in this big a game. He was put in for mop-up duties for the Dolphins, an elite college team. But against the Saints, it seems they didn't trust him. Put him in the open space against the Saints linebackers and let him make plays. They wouldn't have been able to keep up with him, particularly if you have Dak throwing on the move.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
He didn't get pushed into the qb. The RT pushed his hands down made him fall. Then he lunged into Teddy B's legs. It was a dumb play by D Law
Lawrence head was down the whole play. I’m not sure how a 270 pound man is suppose to avoid contact there in that position.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Lawrence head was down the whole play. I’m not sure how a 270 pound man is suppose to avoid contact there in that position.
He didn't fall into teddy. Watch the replay again. He fell and then made the effort to lunge into bridgewater. It was clear as day and a stupid play by d law

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
How do you avoid getting pushed into a quarterback?

Starts with being a world class athlete that is in top physical condition playing a position in which he has logged thousands of snaps

Despite him getting blocked— he clearly tries to complete the sack by hitting him in the knees

For the record— I can’t stand the QB protection rules that are now in the NFL— but pass rushers have to make the adjustment

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
At some point you have to get three and outs from time to time. Is that too much to ask?

And on the last drive they got the stop, but not before the saints got a couple first downs and flipped the field and killed the clock. It's bad when you know they are running and they are still hitting you up the middle for 6 or 7 on first down .

The offense sucked. But the defense couldn't get off the field either.
Each offense gets the same number of possessions ÷/- 1.

The defense held the Saints to 12 points which is more difficult when the offense fumbles twice.

GMO415

Reaction score
I saw the crap with my own eyes. Don't need PFF's observation. It was a terrible game. Put it behind us and move on.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Starts with being a world class athlete that is in top physical condition playing a position in which he has logged thousands of snaps

Despite him getting blocked— he clearly tries to complete the sack by hitting him in the knees

For the record— I can’t stand the QB protection rules that are now in the NFL— but pass rushers have to make the adjustment
Easier said then done.