Twitter: PFF: Why Kellen Moore - not Zeke - is the key to the Cowboys Success

Blackthorn

Reaction score
I remember reading about Kellen Moore when I was a kid. He parted the sea or walked on water. I can't remember which. Tap the breaks and enjoy the Kool-Aid, its refreshing.
Go Dallas!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

blueblood70

Reaction score
Trolls trying to find any way to devalue EE because he held out and got paid.. they are still stinging and hater have already started a thread for every little thing he does on the field that fit their narrative … wait for it...

after one game!!!!!! lmao:lmao::lmao2:

The players in the end are the Key, they have to execute KM play calls..

I promise you this EE will be leaned on and needed to win games t, that wide open passing game will not work the entire year,

why? because you need an actual run Game for PA and RPOs to work, they cant have 34 weeks of being pass happy and go away from the run and expect teams to bit or stack the box.. ZEKE is the reason they will do this but he and pollard and KM will need to be creative in the run game and the pass to the Rbs game has to be schemed as well.. See how they used Kamara last week..

no rb threat no PA and RPOs etc fakes only work if theres a true threat back there..:thumbup: carry on..

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I honestly think we have our own McVay. Finally, a young, creative mind that can actually use the many offensive weapons that this team has - and have had for some time.

The anchor that was Scott Linehan has been and will continue to be exposed. If the fact that nobody in the NFL will hire him didn't prove that enough already, the success they will have under Moore will leave no doubt.

He showed more in one game than Linehan ever did in his entire tenure here.

Blackthorn

Reaction score
I honestly think we have our own McVay. Finally, a young, creative mind that can actually use the many offensive weapons that this team has - and have had for some time.

The anchor that was Scott Linehan has been and will continue to be exposed. If the fact that nobody in the NFL will hire him didn't prove that enough already, the success they will have under Moore will leave no doubt.

He showed more in one game than Linehan ever did in his entire tenure here.
Jumping the gun here on the future. If Dallas lets Garrett walk this season, do you think Moore or Richard would be hired?

Just thinking that the new trend in the NFL is for young coaches that are innovative. I think Moore fits the new mold.

Last edited by a moderator:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jumping the gun here on the future. If Dallas lets Garrett walk this season, do you think Moore or Richard would be hired?

Just thinking that the new trend in the NFL is for young coaches that are innovative. I think Moore fits the new mold.

Dallas seems to do things based on tenure, past accomplishments, and years of service. That's what they're doing with defensive coordinator, where Richard is obviously doing the job, but they're deferring to Old Man River based on 'respect'.

So I think unless a team stepped up and offered Kellen Moore their head -coaching job after one year, my best guess would be that Richard would get the job.

Having said that, if Garrett goes, I could also envision another head coach entirely, like Payton or Riley.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Dallas seems to do things based on tenure, past accomplishments, and years of service. That's what they're doing with defensive coordinator, where Richard is obviously doing the job, but they're deferring to Old Man River based on 'respect'.

So I think unless a team stepped up and offered Kellen Moore their head -coaching job after one year, my best guess would be that Richard would get the job.

Having said that, if Garrett goes, I could also envision another head coach entirely, like Payton or Riley.
Also, we don't know that Kellen could handle all the players on both sides of the ball, keep an eye on everything that transpires during the course of the game, and call the most efficient plays all at the same time. All we know right now is that he seems to have a great offensive mind.

Reaction score
Also, we don't know that Kellen could handle all the players on both sides of the ball, keep an eye on everything that transpires during the course of the game, and call the most efficient plays all at the same time. All we know right now is that he seems to have a great offensive mind.
Agreed.

He would need a strong DC, the way McVey has Wade Phillips to run his defense.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Agreed.

He would need a strong DC, the way McVey has Wade Phillips to run his defense.
Well, I'm assuming Richard would still be here, but beyond the DC's duties, the head coach still has to have the respect and attention of everyone on the team. We don't know what kind of pep talks and speeches he's capable of either. :laugh:

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I don't necessarily believe in fortune tellers, nor what they predict. What I do know is that this team is on the right track. Many things are about to happen between now and when this year reveals it's conclusions.

Thus far, the stars have aligned to bring this team more good fortune than it has seen in decades. Let's not spoil it by pretending we have all the answers. Many wise and timely decisions will be required to reach the goals we seek.

This team, its staff and its fans are in the midst of enjoying things that are likely to reveal a lot more than what we know now. Let's hope and pray this team and its leaders learn from the experiences to come and find ways to facilitate yet more good fotune.

Last edited:

75boyz

Reaction score
I don't necessarily believe in fortune tellers, nor what they predict. What I do know is that this team is on the right track. Many things are about to happen between now and when this year reveals it's conclusions.

Thus far, the stars have aligned to bring this team more good fortune than it has seen in decades. Let's not spoil it by pretending we have all the answers. Many wise and timely decisions will be required to reach the goals we seek.

This team, its staff and its fans are in the midst of enjoying things that are likely to reveal a lot more than what we know now. Let's hope and pray this team and its leaders learn from the experiences to come and find ways to facilitate yet more good fotune.

Nice post.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Another thing I loved was the quick and constant player substitutions. A big change from the static formations I saw in years past.