Twitter: PFF: Why Kellen Moore - not Zeke - is the key to the Cowboys Success

JBond

Reaction score
Trolls trying to find any way to devalue EE because he held out and got paid.. they are still stinging and hater have already started a thread for every little thing he does on the field that fit their narrative … wait for it...

after one game!!!!!! lmao:lmao::lmao2:

The players in the end are the Key, they have to execute KM play calls..

I promise you this EE will be leaned on and needed to win games t, that wide open passing game will not work the entire year,

why? because you need an actual run Game for PA and RPOs to work, they cant have 34 weeks of being pass happy and go away from the run and expect teams to bit or stack the box.. ZEKE is the reason they will do this but he and pollard and KM will need to be creative in the run game and the pass to the Rbs game has to be schemed as well.. See how they used Kamara last week..

no rb threat no PA and RPOs etc fakes only work if theres a true threat back there..:thumbup: carry on..
Name the stud RB in KC that is scaring defenses. We are running a similar system. Yes, Zeke is very, very good. Hope he gets into game shape soon. He will be needed.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I remember reading about Kellen Moore when I was a kid. He parted the sea or walked on water. I can't remember which. Tap the breaks and enjoy the Kool-Aid, its refreshing.
Go Dallas!!!

You cant blame the fan base for being excited after all these years with the horrid and boring Garrett offenses.

I mean..............even a 5 years old child could see the incredible difference in the offense Monday.

5 straight drives and 5 TD's. We haven't seen anything close to that since 2016.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Name the stud RB in KC that is scaring defenses. We are running a similar system. Yes, Zeke is very, very good. Hope he gets into game shape soon. He will be needed.
OMG seriously the similar system. no our system was a run first system that uses PA to set up the pass, only thing that changed ONE GAME is KM was able to take advantage of bad team

thats system is nothing like our and wheres our andy reid and MVP Pat mahomes he put up 2 Dak seasons in one LOL,?? when they had Alex smith and used 2 RBs who were very good, their system was similar lol

when Dak becomes the league MVP and super star power house elite QB you let me know.. until then do NOT compare the 2 teams..

we run , use a lot of PA, RPOs and the like sure but still the line blocking schemes etc were set up around the run and thats how it works..KC is a pass happy team that the run game can be successful because of the threat of the pass.. we play better defense , simply a totally different team..

Doomsday101

Reaction score
What I am interested in is winning a championship and for that to happen everyone players and coaches need to go out and do their jobs. Is Moore important? of course and so is Zeke, Dak the OL the WR it is going to take everyone. All this BS of who is more important they all are. Moore can call a great game but it is still the players who must execute. Hell Moore has the mind for the game but as we saw did not have the talent to play the game at this level, it still requires talent on the field going out and executing and for a play to be executed means everyone has to do their part.

JBond

Reaction score
OMG seriously the similar system. no our system was a run first system that uses PA to set up the pass, only thing that changed ONE GAME is KM was able to take advantage of bad team

thats system is nothing like our and wheres our andy reid and MVP Pat mahomes he put up 2 Dak seasons in one LOL,?? when they had Alex smith and used 2 RBs who were very good, their system was similar lol

when Dak becomes the league MVP and super star power house elite QB you let me know.. until then do NOT compare the 2 teams..

we run , use a lot of PA, RPOs and the like sure but still the line blocking schemes etc were set up around the run and thats how it works..KC is a pass happy team that the run game can be successful because of the threat of the pass.. we play better defense , simply a totally different team..
If I did not watch KC every week, I would agree with you. Moore is implementing a passing system very similar to the Chiefs. The run game will be critical in close games against top talent. This is not a slam on Zeke or anyone else. I appreciate our passing game is finally evolving. The rules have made this a passing league and those that take advantage will win. Old school football still plays a part. You must be able to batter opponents with the run game, especially late in games when possession time means everything.

phildadon86

Reaction score
I honestly think we have our own McVay. Finally, a young, creative mind that can actually use the many offensive weapons that this team has - and have had for some time.

The anchor that was Scott Linehan has been and will continue to be exposed. If the fact that nobody in the NFL will hire him didn't prove that enough already, the success they will have under Moore will leave no doubt.

He showed more in one game than Linehan ever did in his entire tenure here.
The fact Garrett is still here speaks volumes. If I am Jerry watching that first game. Im calling JG asking "How the heck did you let Scott stay here this long? You are either far too loyal for this sport, or actually blind, deaf, and stupid. Pack your bags kid you're out of here." How can you justify employing a head coach who was blind to the fact his OC was failing? And then came out to defend him after the season ended in the divisional round. AGAIN

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The fact Garrett is still here speaks volumes. If I am Jerry watching that first game. Im calling JG asking "How the heck did you let Scott stay here this long? You are either far too loyal for this sport, or actually blind, deaf, and stupid. Pack your bags kid you're out of here." How can you justify employing a head coach who was blind to the fact his OC was failing? And then came out to defend him after the season ended in the divisional round. AGAIN

It’s certainly another strike against him, but there’s also the matter of Moore being hired to replace Linehan. If Garrett played a role in that, he likewise deserves some credit for that.

phildadon86

Reaction score
It’s certainly another strike against him, but there’s also the matter of Moore being hired to replace Linehan. If Garrett played a role in that, he likewise deserves some credit for that.
Moore was a Linehan guy

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Dallas seems to do things based on tenure, past accomplishments, and years of service. That's what they're doing with defensive coordinator, where Richard is obviously doing the job, but they're deferring to Old Man River based on 'respect'.

So I think unless a team stepped up and offered Kellen Moore their head -coaching job after one year, my best guess would be that Richard would get the job.

Having said that, if Garrett goes, I could also envision another head coach entirely, like Payton or Riley.

IDK .......it's obvious Jerry like Kellen a lot but that doesn't mean he thinks he's ready for HC job. I can actually see a scenario of where Garrett is fired and Jerry brings in an old-timer like John Fox to mentor Richard and Moore. This way we'd have an experience guy for a couple of years until Richard or Moore is ready. Even better he'd stay in his lane and let both do their thing(s) as coordinators.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I can't wait for the headlines after our first tough offensive day.

"Washed up at 30? League Figures Out Kellen Moore"
"Cowboys Offense Looks Stale as Wunderkind OC is Exposed"

Ellie826

Reaction score
Trolls trying to find any way to devalue EE because he held out and got paid.. they are still stinging and hater have already started a thread for every little thing he does on the field that fit their narrative … wait for it...

after one game!!!!!! lmao:lmao::lmao2:

The players in the end are the Key, they have to execute KM play calls..

I promise you this EE will be leaned on and needed to win games t, that wide open passing game will not work the entire year,

why? because you need an actual run Game for PA and RPOs to work, they cant have 34 weeks of being pass happy and go away from the run and expect teams to bit or stack the box.. ZEKE is the reason they will do this but he and pollard and KM will need to be creative in the run game and the pass to the Rbs game has to be schemed as well.. See how they used Kamara last week..

no rb threat no PA and RPOs etc fakes only work if theres a true threat back there..:thumbup: carry on..

Gurley with fisher vs Gurley with McVay. Scheme is important. If anything this is going to make zeke crazy effective.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
IDK .......it's obvious Jerry like Kellen a lot but that doesn't mean he thinks he's ready for HC job. I can actually see a scenario of where Garrett is fired and Jerry brings in an old-timer like John Fox to mentor Richard and Moore. This way we'd have an experience guy for a couple of years until Richard or Moore is ready. Even better he'd stay in his lane and let both do their thing(s) as coordinators.

I don’t see why Fox would be needed. I don’t think he’d add anything.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Gurley with fisher vs Gurley with McVay. Scheme is important. If anything this is going to make zeke crazy effective.

you mean MORE effective lol I guess 1400+ yards with a rushing title and 500yards receiving isnt effective lOL

IMO KM most likely will use Zeke more effectively by making him an actual threat to start some games lul people into the box and then burn them for trying to stop them and flip it back and forth..Zeke always been good , now as a running team KM can use that great RG to open up PA , something that was done but very rarely by SL.. more RPOS, PA< and Fakes all over in misdirection..

so our run game will finally be utilized to actually set up the pass..

blueblood70

Reaction score
If I did not watch KC every week, I would agree with you. Moore is implementing a passing system very similar to the Chiefs. The run game will be critical in close games against top talent. This is not a slam on Zeke or anyone else. I appreciate our passing game is finally evolving. The rules have made this a passing league and those that take advantage will win. Old school football still plays a part. You must be able to batter opponents with the run game, especially late in games when possession time means everything.
sorry we saw an entire season and now one game from KC this is what they do, ONE GAME from Dallas and KM against a BAD Team..

we know jack about what KM is implementing...we saw ONE GAME..you want o discu their similarity's and such at years end , we can bookmark this BUT NO WAY we are KC..

its like saying try and be NE, well let me know when we have Brady and Bellicheck and Mahomes and Reid.. they both have spent time and developed this, its their identity.. no way KM turned this into that in one off season..

so tap the brakes . these KM anointing posts are way way early..