PFF: WR1 matchups for Trevon Diggs next season

glimmerman

Reaction score
I said in another thread .....he could very be a better CB than last season with fewer picks.
Yeah a few times he went for the pick and missed causing a big play instead of knocking it down. I saw him get a pick and they went back to his side the next drive and gave up a td because he didn’t think they would dare go back to him. When they did he almost had a 1 handed pick but was out of reach and our safety was out of position and it was a long td.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Yeah a few times he went for the pick and missed causing a big play instead of knocking it down. I saw him get a pick and they went back to his side the next drive and gave up a td because he didn’t think they would dare go back to him. When they did he almost had a 1 handed pick but was out of reach and our safety was out of position and it was a long td.

I think the extra year of experience will be huge, not to mention working with his brother. In other words, I'm expecting a reduction in yards given up and chunk plays.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
While I don't expect Diggs to put 11 ints on the season I do think he will continue to improve. Last season teams completed 52.4% of the passes thrown his way, I would expect those number to be improved on.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
While I don't expect Diggs to put 11 ints on the season I do think he will continue to improve. Last season teams completed 52.4% of the passes thrown his way, I would expect those number to be improved on.

Makes sense, top reason to me is it will be the 2nd year under DQ for 90% of the defense...I expect that the D will take another good step forward this year. Diggs seemed to miss some things earlier in the season, we should see those cleaned up with the 2nd year in this system.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Makes sense, top reason to me is it will be the 2nd year under DQ for 90% of the defense...I expect that the D will take another good step forward this year. Diggs seemed to miss some things earlier in the season, we should see those cleaned up with the 2nd year in this system.

In comparison Ramsey was targeted 98 times and gave up 58 catches teams completed 59.2%
Diggs was targeted 103 times and gave up 54 completion 52.4% and that is with a Rams defensive front that put up 50 sacks on the season compared to Dallas 41 sacks. He may not be a shut down CB however I think he is one of the top CB in this league

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The Cowboys don't allow their best corner to shadow a teams best WR. Besides three of those don't have a QB that's going to lit it up next year.

You mean two of those teams Philly and Washington don’t have a QB that’s going to light it up. However, I wouldn’t put it past the Cowboys to give up a big game against Wentz and Hurts.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
4 ints next year

lets say he averages 6-8 a year over his career...where would that put him as far as todays NFL CB's? Would he not be easy top 3? Again anything over 10 a year would be Lock HOF and CB of the decade.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
lets say he averages 6-8 a year over his career...where would that put him as far as todays NFL CB's? Would he not be easy top 3? Again anything over 10 a year would be Lock HOF and CB of the decade.

I don’t think he’ll average that many and a lot of INTs doesn’t guarantee the HOF. Ken Riley of the Bengals had 65 INTs and isn’t in the HOF. Diggs gives up a lot of plays. He makes plays but gives up plays. It’s been feast or famine with him. Double moves have been his nemesis. He’s bound to get toasted a few times with the receivers he’ll be facing.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I don’t think he’ll average that many and a lot of INTs doesn’t guarantee the HOF. Ken Riley of the Bengals had 65 INTs and isn’t in the HOF. Diggs gives up a lot of plays. He makes plays but gives up plays. It’s been feast or famine with him.

Averaging over 10 INT's a season in todays NFL would be huge Guys just dont do that now days. His coverage skills will get better as this whole secondary plays in this system a second year, some of that was blown coverages by the secondary.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Averaging over 10 INT's a season in todays NFL would be huge Guys just dont do that now days. His coverage skills will get better as this whole secondary plays in this system a second year, some of that was blown coverages by the secondary.

He takes a lot of chances he’s always looking for picks. His INT pace slowed down later in the season but his coverage improved. He was being a little more careful.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I don’t think he’ll average that many and a lot of INTs doesn’t guarantee the HOF. Ken Riley of the Bengals had 65 INTs and isn’t in the HOF. Diggs gives up a lot of plays. He makes plays but gives up plays. It’s been feast or famine with him. Double moves have been his nemesis. He’s bound to get toasted a few times with the receivers he’ll be facing.

In fairness the pass interference rules of today are called much more often. Back then a CB could ride a WR all the way down the field, now you touch a WR past 5 yards you could very well have a flag thrown. I do agree that Diggs has to do better vs double moves and gave up 4 TD but I would gladly take the 11 ints and 2 returns for TD. What Diggs did do by any measurement was big. I think some do not give him the credit he earned, in a passing league that favors WR

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
In fairness the pass interference rules of today are called much more often. Back then a CB could ride a WR all the way down the field, now you touch a WR past 5 yards you could very well have a flag thrown. I do agree that Diggs has to do better vs double moves and gave up 4 TD but I would gladly take the 11 ints and 2 returns for TD. What Diggs did do by any measurement was big. I think some do not give him the credit he earned, in a passing league that favors WR

The NFL wants scoring so most of the rules are bent to favor the offense. DBs are handcuffed, however Diggs can’t allow receivers to run by him. He gets fooled too often.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
The NFL wants scoring so most of the rules are bent to favor the offense. DBs are handcuffed, however Diggs can’t allow receivers to by him.

I agree but turnover are big, they are game changers. He gave up 4 TD on the season will gladly take that any season if you are talking about 11 ints with 2 returned for TD. You are right NFL wants scoring so the rules went in favor of offense. No CB has come close to 11 ints in modern day football, Ty Law and Champ Bailey came close but even that was 16 years ago.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I agree but turnover are big, they are game changers. He gave up 4 TD on the season will gladly take that any season if you are talking about 11 ints with 2 returned for TD. You are right NFL wants scoring so the rules went in favor of offense. No CB has come close to 11 ints in modern day football, Ty Law and Champ Bailey came close but even that was 16 years ago.

INTs are game changers but getting beat for TDs can also change games. Everson Walls can testify to that. He had a lot of picks but will best be remembered for the TD he gave up to Dwight Clark. I like Diggs he has a chance to be a great player he just needs to tighten up some things in his game.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
In comparison Ramsey was targeted 98 times and gave up 58 catches teams completed 59.2%
Diggs was targeted 103 times and gave up 54 completion 52.4% and that is with a Rams defensive front that put up 50 sacks on the season compared to Dallas 41 sacks. He may not be a shut down CB however I think he is one of the top CB in this league

+1.......another year under his belt should help quite a bit. Plus I'm guessing he's picking his brother's brain for any tips to improve his game.